Reload this Page >

ANYBODY GOING TO BRISBANE IN SEPT

ANYBODY GOING TO BRISBANE IN SEPT

Old May 25th 2007, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

sbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ANYBODY GOING TO BRISBANE IN SEPT

MOVING TO BRISBANE ON THE 16TH FLYING FROM MANCHESTER

ANY IDEAS ON NICE AREAS TO LIVE IN, HAVE TWO CHILDERN (ONE YEAR AND 8 YEARS OF AGE)

Last edited by sbrown; May 25th 2007 at 9:32 pm.
Old May 25th 2007, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

penny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANYBODY GOING TO BRISBANE IN SEPT

I like North Brisbane - it has good access to the Sunshine coast. Try Wavell Heights and the area around Eagle Junction - its very attractive but I don't know about schools. My friends tell me that its best to avoid going too far West (crime) though I havn't been there myself.

P
Old May 25th 2007, 11:52 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

I'll put in a vote for Sherwood and the western suburbs. I'm a bit pressed for time today, but if you do a search on brisbane or sherwood you'll find plenty of posts talking about the relative values of each area. Also check our ourbrisbane for really good suburb profiles. PM me if you want more info.
Old May 26th 2007, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

hi
my biggest advice to anyone moving out is to rent first and have a good look round to get a feel for a place yourself before committing.
best of luck

Originally Posted by sbrown

ANY IDEAS ON NICE AREAS TO LIVE IN, HAVE TWO CHILDERN (ONE YEAR AND 8 YEARS OF AGE)
Old May 29th 2007, 5:04 pm
Liz

lizhenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving out in September with my 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I am taking a trip next week for a reccy and to look at schools. From a friend of a friend I have been told Sherwood, Manly, Brookfield - but will let you know when I get back. Lets keep in touch!!
Old May 29th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

we'll be hopefully going November and we like Sherwood (apparently a very good primary school there)Graceville, Figtree pocket, all quite pricey but like many have said before will have to just wait till we get out there and see for ourselves! will definately be renting first!
Old May 29th 2007, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

sbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizhenshaw
I am moving out in September with my 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I am taking a trip next week for a reccy and to look at schools. From a friend of a friend I have been told Sherwood, Manly, Brookfield - but will let you know when I get back. Lets keep in touch!!
let me know how you get on. i have looked at redland bay. flying out 16th sept when are you going??
Old May 29th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

happygolucky121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Were going in Sept flying from Manchester on the 7th.... we to are heading to Brisbane to Albany creek initially, plan to rent and have a good look round before buying..
Old May 30th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

My Daughter lives in Albany Creek, she's very happy which i'm sure you will be....renting first is a good.. giving you time to have a good look around for school's ect.

Good Luck
Old May 30th 2007, 9:45 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Depends really how much money you can afford to buy/rent with. I like Windsor and Paddington, bit trending, with a real nice feel about the place, but spitting distance from the CBD. That said, lots of pennies to rent or buy.

If you want the coast, Manly is nice, about 20 mins into the city, but not on a work day morning.

Good luck, and you are going to one of the best cities in the world......
Old May 30th 2007, 11:05 am
Banned

magicpixi will become famous soon enough

with kids there are some fab school in mount tambourine., lovley place quaint little shops and a quick drive to the coasts and brisbane......depends where you really want to be by, gold coast you have nerang, commera hope harbour they are not too far from the beaches nor brisbane city, And lots for kids around,south of the gold coast is robina coolangatta nice also but much further from brisi .
Sunshine coast is lovley especially Noosa but that comes with the Noosa price tag!.I liked south of brisbane a little bit busier not too busy but just enough so the kids do not get bored.........hope that helps somewhat.

regards magicpixi
Old May 30th 2007, 11:13 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magicpixi
with kids there are some fab school in mount tambourine., lovley place quaint little shops and a quick drive to the coasts and brisbane......depends where you really want to be by, gold coast you have nerang, commera hope harbour they are not too far from the beaches nor brisbane city, And lots for kids around,south of the gold coast is robina coolangatta nice also but much further from brisi .
Sunshine coast is lovley especially Noosa but that comes with the Noosa price tag!.I liked south of brisbane a little bit busier not too busy but just enough so the kids do not get bored.........hope that helps somewhat.

regards magicpixi
I am going Melbourne next week and then onto Brissie 2 weeks after, I am renting in Lota for a while before buying, Lota is south of Manly. Seems a nice quiet area, so a good place to start.

I wouldn't jump in without seeing the places first and getting a feel for them, renting first is a good choice in my opinion !
Old May 30th 2007, 11:19 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Stop bloody shouting will ya....bring some water....gallons of the stuff
Old May 30th 2007, 11:44 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

let me know how you get on. i have looked at redland bay. flying out 16th sept when are you going??
Hi we live north side of brisbane, mango hill, we also like this area and often go into redcliffe to the lagoon swimming with the kids, take a look at http://redcliffe.qld.gov.au/ if you need any email addresses for schools around this area, then just pm me and i can give you them, all the best with your new life down under
Old May 30th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

We are flying on the 17th Sept from Heathrow. Can't give advice on where to live as we are initially staying with the boyf's parents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.