Anybody ever used OE Visas as Migration Agents for PR in Oz

Anybody ever used OE Visas as Migration Agents for PR in Oz

Old Nov 29th 2002, 7:34 am
fen
Just Joined

fen is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Anybody ever used OE Visas as Migration Agents for PR in Oz

Hello everyone,

I am just about submit my skills assesment for a skilled migration to Australia, and have decided to use OE to process my application. Mainly because they were very helpful and seemed very well informed when I made my intial enquiries.

Just a quick check to see if anyone has any experience good or bad of OE Visas in Endinburgh. I have tried to check them out and they are registered migration agents and have visited them at their head office in Edinburgh and haven't found any problems.

Was just wondering if anyone had had experience of them and could give me some feedback.

Cheers
Old Nov 29th 2002, 7:42 am
fen
Just Joined

Default Re: Anybody ever used OE Visas as Migration Agents for PR in Oz

Originally posted by fen
My apologies, I have posted this to the wrong forum!!! Will send it to the immigration forum instead!!!

Hello everyone,

I am just about submit my skills assesment for a skilled migration to Australia, and have decided to use OE to process my application. Mainly because they were very helpful and seemed very well informed when I made my intial enquiries.

Just a quick check to see if anyone has any experience good or bad of OE Visas in Endinburgh. I have tried to check them out and they are registered migration agents and have visited them at their head office in Edinburgh and haven't found any problems.

Was just wondering if anyone had had experience of them and could give me some feedback.

Cheers
Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi Fen,

I am in Perth and did try them at first as I phoned quite a few. I eventually went with Alan Collet or Go matilda who comes on here. I picked these as Alan is always happy to help with any query. The price and fees are spread out which makes things easier.

We have just had our skills assessment approved via these and next is our visa.

I would highly recommend these.

Hope this helps

Carrianne x
Old Nov 30th 2002, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody ever used OE Visas as Migration Agents for PR in Oz

Originally posted by fen
Hello everyone,

Cheers
Hello, I am using OE Visas for our Visa application and found them to be very helpful as my husbands occupation did not seem to fit into any of the standard categories. I also like the fact they offer as standard a 'no VISA no fee', contract so it is unlikely they would take your case on if you didn't stand a very good chance of obtaining the PR Visa (however numerous agents seem to offer this). It may also be worth checking out Alan Collett as there is a great deal of positive feedback about him on this site. Good luck!

Jamesy
Old Nov 30th 2002, 6:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

fen,

Just checking, how much was quoted as a visa processing fee? We can 'steer' you if you're being overcharged and this alone might be enough for your original choice of agent to moderate fees.

Cheers - Don
Old Nov 30th 2002, 10:27 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Don,

Am intrigued by your comments ... can you expand on them ...?!

Best regards.

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
fen,

Just checking, how much was quoted as a visa processing fee? We can 'steer' you if you're being overcharged and this alone might be enough for your original choice of agent to moderate fees.

Cheers - Don
Old Dec 1st 2002, 5:32 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Don,

Am intrigued by your comments ... can you expand on them ...?!

Best regards.
Hi Alan,

I will answer your question. But first, if I may be so bold as to answer a question with a question, what do you (as an immigration agent) think would be a reasonable and normal range of fee for agencies to charge for standard immigration services? Range: ie AUDX-AUDXX. (Ie PR and work permit through different routes.)

Cheers - Don
Old Dec 1st 2002, 9:28 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again Don.

Yours is rather a "how long is a piece of string" question. What is reasonable to some isn't reasonable to others. And in my experience some clients are unreasonable as to what they expect an agent to be able to deliver (though fortunately not too many!).

Some agents charge on a per hour basis. We don't, as I believe clients should know their total costs from the outset, which means that we advise clients all of our fees before they engage us. "No nasty surprises" is a motto I have tried to adopt for a long time.

I have seen people on other forums (notably the MIA member forum) argue for a fixed scale of fees to apply to all agents' charges. Again, that would be a mistake in my view as all agents have different cost structures. Some migration agents will work in the big firms of accountants/consultants with larger overheads - and their fees will reflect that.

Others will have people working for them that look after client files who are not qualified => lower costs. And others outside Australia who give migration assistance are not MARA-registered - they will have lower fees to attract those who only look at the cost without regard to the safeguards that ought to be present when dealing with a person who has to comply with the standards of the monitoring body (attendance at ongoing professional courses, the proper maintenance of client monies, etc).

So to come back to your question, I can tell you what we charge and indeed the fees of my competitors in the UK (some MARA registered, some not) for applications in the main visa categories.

Beyond that in my view it is up to the intending migrant to make enquiries as to fees, to establish the level of the agent's competencies and qualifications, to gauge how comfortable he or she feels with the agent, and to decide who to engage accordingly.

Finally, I would say that buying professional advice isn't the same as buying a tin of beans in the supermarket - in other words cost shouldn't be the sole basis of the buying decision.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I will answer your question. But first, if I may be so bold as to answer a question with a question, what do you (as an immigration agent) think would be a reasonable and normal range of fee for agencies to charge for standard immigration services? Range: ie AUDX-AUDXX. (Ie PR and work permit through different routes.)

Cheers - Don
Old Dec 1st 2002, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Hello again Don.
Big SNIP

Finally, I would say that buying professional advice isn't the same as buying a tin of beans in the supermarket - in other words cost shouldn't be the sole basis of the buying decision.

Best regards.
Hi Alan

I have to agree with you 100% on your last statement (buying a tin of beans) and the fact that what some people would class as ok and what other people won't (cost of using an agent).

I'm using an agent and I would class my case as an easy one.

British, 26, IT Degree qualified, 5 years work Experience. Only issue was my de facto partner of 6 years, I wanted her to be included on my application.

But I wanted to be happy in my mind that if I don't get PR, then it's nothing I've done wrong (I think).

Cost was not an issue with my agent. It is expensive but it's worth it.

Kieron
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 1:35 am
Don
Banned

Thanks for reply Alan.

We paid about USD2000 for the family's NZ PR application, a fairly straightforward one, NZ based agent with a lot of experience in the firm of working as NZIS case officers. (We engaged them before we found this board.)

I think for standard NZ or Aus PR application, we paid 'mid-dollar', ie I think it would be reasonable to see a range USD1000-3000 per family, amount depending a bit on reputation and experience. Higher fee for business applicants.

Cheers - Don
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 10:53 am
fen
Just Joined

fen,

Cheers - Don
The price I have been quoted is around £1700 as agents fees for myself, my girlfriend, and my son, and it is a "no visa, no fee" arrangement. The cost of the fees I am not too concerned about, as I feel that £1700 is a small price to pay for a new life in Oz. I want to make sure that no-one has had any bad experiences of their ability to process my application.

Cheers

Fen
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 11:16 pm
Migration Agent

Fen,

It's great that you're not too bothered about the fee - t'would be great if more were like you! :-))

Seriously though, if it's of interest our fee for assisting with the skills assessment application and the visa application would be the equivalent of about £1,350 (no VAT payable if you're happy to be billed from our Melbourne office), and maybe less depending on your nominated occupation.

Best regards.

Originally posted by fen
The price I have been quoted is around £1700 as agents fees for myself, my girlfriend, and my son, and it is a "no visa, no fee" arrangement. The cost of the fees I am not too concerned about, as I feel that £1700 is a small price to pay for a new life in Oz. I want to make sure that no-one has had any bad experiences of their ability to process my application.

Cheers

Fen
Old Dec 21st 2002, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Overseas Emigration agent

We travelled to Manchester and had a meeting with OE, and they seemed quite helpful, paid £45 (which we would have got back had we chose to use their services).

However, we decided to look around and now we have decided to go with Alan Collett. Their is alot of positive posts on this site about Alan, and the fact that he visits this site and offers advice on it was a big plus on our part. You don't pay the fees all at once so thats a bonus, what with xmas coming up! They also answer your emails quickly.

I don't have anything bad to say about OE and it really depends on you.

Mandy
Old Dec 21st 2002, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

cascarbar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overseas Emigration agent

Originally posted by scrawni
We travelled to Manchester and had a meeting with OE, and they seemed quite helpful, paid £45 (which we would have got back had we chose to use their services).

However, we decided to look around and now we have decided to go with Alan Collett. Their is alot of positive posts on this site about Alan, and the fact that he visits this site and offers advice on it was a big plus on our part. You don't pay the fees all at once so thats a bonus, what with xmas coming up! They also answer your emails quickly.

I don't have anything bad to say about OE and it really depends on you.

Mandy
Old Dec 21st 2002, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

cascarbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - first post for us having only just found this site ! very good it is too!
We are using OE Visas and have just forwarded first documents to them so are still in the early stages of process and we are applying for a former resident visa as my wife resided in Australia for the first years of her life. OE visas have not given us any cause for concern up till now but still early days and will let u know how we progress.