Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Wikiposts

Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:49 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

I see signs everywhere, some more spooky than others.

I was in the gym last week and the sweat on my t-shirt was the perfect shape of Oz :scared: . Seriously, no kidding.

Shopping in Reading over the weekend, and discovered my fave kids clothes store has set up in the high street, needless to say pumpkin patch were £50 richer that day.

steandleigh probably has a point about the coincidence things, but I prefer to believe that it is a sign that I am doing the right thing.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:52 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
and not forgetting of course that "Signs" is a Mel Gibson film!!!! :scared:
I read that three times thinking 'and'. Then it hit me.

BTW I don't want to start a whole other discussion but he's not really Australian.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
I read that three times thinking 'and'. Then it hit me.

BTW I don't want to start a whole other discussion but he's not really Australian.

well i didnt know that!!!! i promise not to ambush the thread but tell me more ....!!!!

OMG!!! OMG!!!! i got another bluey all thanks to you!!!! WOO HOO, WOO HOO - eternal thanks!!!

(in your face fraser!!!!)

Last edited by Rooksie; Apr 11th 2005 at 12:59 am.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
G

BAH HUMBUG!

"Belouis Some" said it well in the 80's...... Imagination....... hehehehe

Love ya!
Claire
Well I am on your side Claire. Yes, things Australian stick out as they mean something to you now that they didn't used to. But there is more to it than that and I feel "guided" in my decision by things I don't understand. I never felt like this about anything else before.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:02 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I see signs everywhere, some more spooky than others.

I was in the gym last week and the sweat on my t-shirt was the perfect shape of Oz :scared: . Seriously, no kidding.
Excellent ! ! !

R.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:12 am
Phoenixuk2oz

[QUOTE=steandleigh]Not to burst your bubble, but it's a bit like when you go to see a psychic and you want to believe everything they tell you. You suddenly start 'seeing' the things they told you...
My idea is that you are so happy to be going to Oz that you coincidentally happen to be seing things which remind you...[\QUOTE]

Ooooo I'm not so sure Leigh <spooky musik in background now>

Something weird happened to me when we were moving to Aus.

We lived in a small village and my mum used to come and stay once a week.

Nearly every sodding week for 6 years mum pestered me to go into the little antique shop in the village. I never got there. Too busy workin[and any other excuse I could find]

Anyways.....about a month before we were due to leave to come to Aus....I relented. Only because I suddenly had the time.... and I wanted to see if I could find something that might remind me of the village. Maybe a nice old photograph or summat...

So off we trot to the small antuique shop in the village. It was a reet old place that smellt of old peoples clothes, lots of nik-nacs, jewellery, shoes, ornaments, plates...the usual rubbish ....and a few old pictures...so I asked the lady if she had any old pictures of the village?

"nay lass" she said...."ya won't get none neither. Alt old pubs round here ave gor em......tha wont part wi em these days neither cos o't memories" [in other words I'd no chance of finding one]

So I thanked the lady and carried on looking round the junk..... errrm I mean antuique shop...waiting for my mum to finish.

Then my mum and the lady started yakin, like they do....and I was stood in the shop waiting patiently. And waitin. And waitin

Anyways, about 10 mins later.....a man walked in. He and me stood in the shop....waitin.....and waitin....and all we could hear is my mum and the lady, yak, yak, yak in the back. So I explained to the man that if he needed the lady urgently, then I'd retrieve my mum.

"Actually" he said......"I've come to sell..... not buy. I'm moving to Aus soon and I'm trying to get rid of some stuff me old Gran left me"

"oh really, that's strange cos I'm moving to Aus too....what you sellin" I said

"oh" he said....."nowt much. Just some old photo's" he said!!!

He produced some really old black and white photos. At first I didn't recognise where they were taken...and then I realised one showed the church exactly where I lived in the village [now a pub] and a church yard [now with houses built on top]....and an old cottage with a Horlicks sign painted on the side [still slightly visable all these years later]......and an old toll cottage [we always wondered why it was an odd size & shape - all the carts used to pay to go from Halifax to Bradford].....and then there it was.

There clearly in the picture.......was the field that our house is now built on.....with the original dry stone wall .....which was still in our garden to that day :scared:

Not only did we find an old,old photograph, but it was of exactly where we lived. Of all the places within the village it happened to be exactly where our house is :scared:

.....ooooooerrrrrrr........AND the chap was also moving to Aus too!

So....there you are. Coincidence....or majic :scared: you decide

PS. I put my lottery tickets on that week too....but I didn't win....I've got shite luck me

Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:29 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Do do do do do do do do (OK it doesn't work in text but think of the piano music from Halloween or something ) That is spooky.

BTW I love the way you type in a mixture of Oz and Yorkshire Phoenix

Last edited by wmoore; Apr 11th 2005 at 2:15 am. Reason: Mrs said so :o
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:30 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Rooksie
well i didnt know that!!!! i promise not to ambush the thread but tell me more ....!!!!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Everywhere I seem to go lately both me & hubby are seeing signs that are more & more pointing towards Australia!

Here are some of the things that we have seen so far:

1. I bought a picture frame & it was by a company called "Ashmore" which is also the name of the suburb on the Gold Coast we are headed for

2. We have done a search on realestate.com.au & the first house to come up was on "Fitzwilliam Street" - my hubby was born & raised in Fitzwilliam, West Yorkshire....

3. I keep seeing cars bought from "Inchcape Cars" - my mum used to live on "Inchcape Court" in Ashmore on the Gold Coast.......

There are a few others too.... but does anybody else know what I mean????
LOL

Hubby has said similar but his was about seeing people he had not seen for years!!!! and not just one but several!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:41 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
Do do do do do do do do (OK it doesn't work in text but think of the piano music from Halloween or something ) That is spooky.

BTW I love you way you type in a mixture of Oz and Yorkshire Phoenix
LOl....I'm worried Wayne cos I understood perfectly the do,do,do,do music

Yep....me typin is now a mixture of Oz and Yorkshire. That's what the sun does...it addles yer brain.

I'm a real Yorkshire Lamington now m8

Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Phoenixuk2oz]
Originally Posted by steandleigh
Not to burst your bubble, but it's a bit like when you go to see a psychic and you want to believe everything they tell you. You suddenly start 'seeing' the things they told you...
My idea is that you are so happy to be going to Oz that you coincidentally happen to be seing things which remind you...[\QUOTE]
Originally Posted by steandleigh

Ooooo I'm not so sure Leigh <spooky musik in background now>

Something weird happened to me when we were moving to Aus.

We lived in a small village and my mum used to come and stay once a week.

Nearly every sodding week for 6 years mum pestered me to go into the little antique shop in the village. I never got there. Too busy workin[and any other excuse I could find]

Anyways.....about a month before we were due to leave to come to Aus....I relented. Only because I suddenly had the time.... and I wanted to see if I could find something that might remind me of the village. Maybe a nice old photograph or summat...

So off we trot to the small antuique shop in the village. It was a reet old place that smellt of old peoples clothes, lots of nik-nacs, jewellery, shoes, ornaments, plates...the usual rubbish ....and a few old pictures...so I asked the lady if she had any old pictures of the village?

"nay lass" she said...."ya won't get none neither. Alt old pubs round here ave gor em......tha wont part wi em these days neither cos o't memories" [in other words I'd no chance of finding one]

So I thanked the lady and carried on looking round the junk..... errrm I mean antuique shop...waiting for my mum to finish.

Then my mum and the lady started yakin, like they do....and I was stood in the shop waiting patiently. And waitin. And waitin

Anyways, about 10 mins later.....a man walked in. He and me stood in the shop....waitin.....and waitin....and all we could hear is my mum and the lady, yak, yak, yak in the back. So I explained to the man that if he needed the lady urgently, then I'd retrieve my mum.

"Actually" he said......"I've come to sell..... not buy. I'm moving to Aus soon and I'm trying to get rid of some stuff me old Gran left me"

"oh really, that's strange cos I'm moving to Aus too....what you sellin" I said

"oh" he said....."nowt much. Just some old photo's" he said!!!

He produced some really old black and white photos. At first I didn't recognise where they were taken...and then I realised one showed the church exactly where I lived in the village [now a pub] and a church yard [now with houses built on top]....and an old cottage with a Horlicks sign painted on the side [still slightly visable all these years later]......and an old toll cottage [we always wondered why it was an odd size & shape - all the carts used to pay to go from Halifax to Bradford].....and then there it was.

There clearly in the picture.......was the field that our house is now built on.....with the original dry stone wall .....which was still in our garden to that day

Not only did we find an old,old photograph, but it was of exactly where we lived. Of all the places within the village it happened to be exactly where our house is

.....ooooooerrrrrrr........AND the chap was also moving to Aus too!

PS. I put my lottery tickets on that week too....but I didn't win....I've got shite luck me

Holy Crap!!!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

I think we must be lucky as we are all trying to move to australia...and the sign's we are getting...can you think of the sign's we would be seeing if we were headed to "Arsenal"
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:19 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Oooh, love 80s music me!
Well if u r talking the smiths then yeah..... Cheery happy music

If Spandau Ballet or Duran Duran......then a deffo NOOOOOOOOOOO
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:22 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Yeah, on TV there is an advert (sang in an Aussie accent) "Red and Yellow and Pink and Bluuue.............., I can sign an rainbow..................." advertising Australia and it keeps coming on when I sit down to watch TV, which if you knew me is not very often!!

It does seem funny how many things you notice, that you didn't pay much attention to before.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by gsb
Well if u r talking the smiths then yeah..... Cheery happy music

If Spandau Ballet or Duran Duran......then a deffo NOOOOOOOOOOO

Now then Gary, what IS wrong with Spandau Ballet!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.