Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody else applying for the 457 - Independant Executive Long Stay Business Visa?

Anybody else applying for the 457 - Independant Executive Long Stay Business Visa?

Old Sep 28th 2002, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

dm543 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody else applying for the 457 - Independant Executive Long Stay Business Visa?

What have been your experiences in the application process so far? Is it easy/hard to get one?
Old Sep 28th 2002, 7:44 am
Banned

kismet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody else applying for the 457 - Independant Executive Long Stay Business Visa?

Originally posted by dm543:
What have been your experiences in the application process so far? Is it easy/hard to get one?
hiya,
we have just ecieved our. it only took 6 weeks to come, we booked meds for 4 weks after we hadsent it in, and sent for police checks beforehand as they take 6 weeks.
as long as you are healthy, and have the min amount of dosh and a busness plan it seems ok.
what you planing to do??
kismet
Old Sep 28th 2002, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anybody else applying for the 457 - Independant Executive Long Stay Business Visa?

Hi Kismet!

So you already have your visa? Congratulations!

How much documentation did you provide them about your proposed business in Australia? How long and detailed was your business plan?

Also, how did you show them that you have sufficient finances? What documents did you send them?
Old Sep 28th 2002, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

bleggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi DM

We are currently in a similar situation to you. The business plan is in progress and we are getting together the finance documentation. It seems from asking around that depending where your capital is, ours is in the house and business, a reasonable professional valuation will do. We are getting in touch with a local estate agent and business transfer agent to get the necessary paperwork.

Please feel free to keep in touch with progress etc.

Blegs
Old Sep 28th 2002, 11:26 am
Banned

Hi dm,
we sent 2 local estate agents letter of valuation (free) and our most recent mortgage statement saying how much we owed.This seems to be enough for the house valuation.We were going to get a professional building society valuation (costly) but they were quite happy with estate agents letter.
We gave a price on our businesses value and they never asked for any kind of proof for that.
Our business statement was really the questions they outlined on the form, and our business plan was pretty simple i didnt even send any kind of projected sales figures, spreadsheets etc.
As i said they had it all done in 6 weeks 2 days and we got the letter 3 days ago and are still on a high. All the luck in the world to you, and you too bleggy - im sure you will do it, if they let us in they will let anyone in!!!!.
cheers
kismet
got someone coming around to view the house today so fingers crossed.
Old Sep 28th 2002, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Nice to hear from you again Kismet

Great news about the visa. I'm chuffed to bits. Are you selling up and heading out asap?

Bleggy
Old Sep 28th 2002, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bleggy:
Nice to hear from you again Kismet

Great news about the visa. I'm chuffed to bits. Are you selling up and heading out asap?

Bleggy
For proof of my financial situation, I'm planning on sending:

1) An official statement signed from my bank that shows my current account balance

2) A balance sheet that outlines my companies current financial situation.
Old Sep 30th 2002, 12:42 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dm543:

For proof of my financial situation, I'm planning on sending:

1) An official statement signed from my bank that shows my current account balance

2) A balance sheet that outlines my companies current financial situation.
hi dm ,
That should be fine, if it isnt they will soon write to you to request more info. I would get your police checks in though if you havent already as they take approx 6 weeks to come back (although our was little over 4).
We booked our meds and had to wait 5 weeks for appointment anyway from the panel doctor.
good luck!!!!!!
kismet
Old Sep 30th 2002, 5:07 pm
Royprice1

Hi kismet & bleggy. I have just had my 457 visa lodged in perth ( on the
11-09-02) had my business plan drawn up in oz by an agent and the government
paid it all but $500.00 all ready sent in police checks at the same time
just waiting for medicals, i just sent valuations from estate agents bank
statements and turnover of my business just have to wait now, where are you
going in oz. roy
"dm543" wrote in message
news:428018.1033236789@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by bleggy:
    > > Nice to hear from you again Kismet
    > >
    > > Great news about the visa. I'm chuffed to bits. Are you selling up and
    > > heading out asap?
    > >
    > > Bleggy
    > For proof of my financial situation, I'm planning on sending:
    > 1) An official statement signed from my bank that shows my current
    > account balance
    > 2) A balance sheet that outlines my companies current financial
    > situation.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 30th 2002, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Roy

Are you currently in Oz? Why the application to Perth?

Bleg
Old Oct 1st 2002, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

How did you apply in Perth? I thought you had to be outside Australia to apply for the 457 Business Long Stay Visa?
Old Oct 1st 2002, 12:14 pm
Heading for Adelaide ASAP

empyrean is on a distinguished road

Great to read of people doing it this way. Anybody prepared to disclose what kind business your planning? Or at least, are you strating one or buying a going concern?

We had thought of going out there for a couple of months to look at possible businesses for sale but really don't know what we want to do. All ideas, thoughts, info appreciated
Old Oct 1st 2002, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not really starting a "new" business in Australia. I currently have a small company in Canada and we do custom database programming. Most of our clients are in Asia, and the time zone differences between Asia and Canada make it really hard to do business. So moving to Australia would be perfect because we could be in the same time zone (or close to it) as our Asian clients.
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 12:22 pm
Royprice1

Hi dm543 and empyrean yes you do need to be outside of oz but i went
through an agent and they done all the paperwork reccomended a company to do
the business report and lodged it in perth.
there are several places to look at business for sale best way i think is to
buy an ongoing concern with the relevent turnover and staff to meet 457
requirements and you can lodge for pr after 9 months as opposed to 18 months
if starting a new business
"dm543" wrote in message
news:430057.1033435312@britishexpats-
.com
    > How did you apply in Perth? I thought you had to be outside Australia
    > to apply for the 457 Business Long Stay Visa?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com