Reload this Page >

Any Young Scots out there

Any Young Scots out there

Old May 2nd 2008, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

wmckellar will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Any Young Scots out there

Guys and Gals,

Myself and my fiance have been in OZ for about 2 years now...we have been living on the Gold Coast for about 6 months now and thought we may have bumped into a few more young scots than we have.

I am orignially from Port Glasgow and getting closer to 30 every day (28). My fiance is 26 and is from Sunny Saltcoats.

If there are any Scots out there that would like to catch up for a few refreshments let me know as the Aussies can't hold their drink!!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Young Scots out there

not quite so young (over 40) and not in your area, but thought i would say 'hi' anyway.
we have been here for nearly 8 months and moved from stewarton near kilmarnock, so know your areas well.
hope you find someone to have a drink with.
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

I don't believe this post has been on for a few hours now and no young scots have replied..... what is going on here????
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:10 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

They are waiting for their LEADER Soapy to give them permission to reply
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you must be shy or something
loads of scottish out here. at last count i think it was around 2600 on the coast alone.
most of them live in pac pines i think

we are having a day and night out in a few months. maybe you might fancy it for a laugh. heres the link

soapy
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:01 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmckellar
I don't believe this post has been on for a few hours now and no young scots have replied..... what is going on here????
we r all auld and still in oor scratchers at the 8am on a Saturday geez a break
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Guys i have been to a couple of meets (no disrespect) but everyone seems to be over the age of 45 and has about 4 or 5 kids.... There must be some young Scots out here....around the 28 mark....NO???
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:05 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Guys i have been to a couple of meets (no disrespect) but everyone seems to be over the age of 45 and has about 4 or 5 kids.... There must be some young Scots out here....around the 28 mark....NO???
dont know what meets you went to mate, but i would doubt if most of the people are over 45 at the gold coast meets, and most people have 2 kids.
at the last few meets i was the oldest and i am 45.

if you had been at the last meet/football match, you would have seen a huge group of young couples.

the whole point of the meets is to help new people find others who are alike.
if young couples who arrive here read your post then they might be stuck with noone for ever.

If someone is struggling with friends here, then i think they could do a lot worse than turning up to one of the meets.

A lot of great friendships have come from them, that cant be argued against!
Old May 4th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Go on soapy... no i believe u are correct buddy.

I was at the meet/football match the last time..... SOapy you are aware as i am it is nearly impossible to get accepted into the Australian society as they are all very cleeky...these meets are a fab idea.

I will probs see you at the next one.......
Old May 4th 2008, 7:45 am

Go on soapy... no i believe u are correct buddy.

I was at the meet/football match the last time..... SOapy you are aware as i am it is nearly impossible to get accepted into the Australian society as they are all very cleeky...these meets are a fab idea.

Now that you are in a new country night it not be better to gain Aussie friends and fit in to your new surroundings. What do you want to meet other Scots for....go to Scotland if thats the case
Old May 4th 2008, 8:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by biggy
Now that you are in a new country night it not be better to gain Aussie friends and fit in to your new surroundings. What do you want to meet other Scots for....go to Scotland if thats the case
aye thats why i stay away fae you
Old May 4th 2008, 8:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

its a must mate. if for nothing else, its a cheap night oot
Old May 4th 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
aye thats why i stay away fae you
cheeky wee shite that ye ur
Old May 4th 2008, 11:35 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

This young yin is moving to Townsville in the next month or so!

Scottie
Old May 4th 2008, 11:37 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Guys and Gals,

Myself and my fiance have been in OZ for about 2 years now...we have been living on the Gold Coast for about 6 months now and thought we may have bumped into a few more young scots than we have.

I am orignially from Port Glasgow and getting closer to 30 every day (28). My fiance is 26 and is from Sunny Saltcoats.

If there are any Scots out there that would like to catch up for a few refreshments let me know as the Aussies can't hold their drink!!!
How often are you out and about in Surfers? Myself and wife are usually down that way at the weekend.We're in our 30's and have no ankle biters to hold us back.
Ive met a lot of good friends here,yes most have kids,which is fine, and find most weekends tied up with BBQs,birthdays, nights out ect.
We've been here 15 months now and love it,when we first arrived we were wondering at if we were the only childless scots on the coast!Lol..

Next time we're heading in we'll let you know incase your out and about and fancy a few drinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.