Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any young couples made the move?

Any young couples made the move?

Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Any young couples made the move?

Hi there
I`m 31 OH is 27 Got our visa`s 2 weeks ago just booking flights today We`re hopefully flying to perth on the 11th of april allready working my notice at work Still don`t feel real
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:42 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any young couples made the move?

Originally Posted by LondonCouple
Hello,

I have read alot about families moving over to Oz on this forum, but i wonder if any couples have made the move?

We are 24 and 29, and will not know a single person in Oz when we finally get the ball rolling with all of this! Has anyone else had any other experience of doing this as a couple?

Thanks
I'm 31, wife 27, moved to Sydney in October and absolutely loving it. Made loads of friends, having a ball!!!! Where you heading??

Graham
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Alex is 28 and I'm 27 - for another 3 weeks! We are off to Bris on August 2nd.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

GTFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm 25 and OH is 21 with no kids. We are moving to perth or nearby hopefully end of year or start of next dependent on when i start my new job. Glad to now we are not the only people moving over there without kids, not that we don't like kids !
Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:45 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Hi
I am 27 (28 next week) OH 30 but we have 3 kids 8/5/3 (younge starters)
Hopefully going to Perth in next few months as long as meds go ok next week

Don't know anybody there but have made some good friends through BE west midlands meets, so hopefully will be able to keep the friendships going once we arrive in OZ

Good luck to you all

Paula
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wafc
I'm 28 (next Thursday) and my partner is 23 and we've been in Perth since December, we have no kids. We're both still looking for work although we should have something soon.

The main problem we see is the land/house prices, they've gone way beyond most first time buyers reach.
Hi WAFC,

We know exactly what you mean!
We've been looking for a property, but they're so expensive.... and we're having real trouble as the OH is self-employed.. banks not so keen on that!

Where abouts are you in Perth?

Mish x x x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:38 pm
MACCA

cmac will become famous soon enoughcmac will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lewandkate
cmac

what part of oz you planning to go to?

if perth let me you and will have to meet up
allo there,
we're heading for brisbane somewhere, not to sure yet. i am on a 136 modl as a mechanical fitter, what about you?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:45 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Any of you lot as mad as me and katy and heading to hot n sticky cairns? There dont seem to be that many go that far up

stu
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Helloooo, OH is 28 and I am 25 (altho will just be 26 when we arrive in April) and we're moving to the Hunter Valley, a couple of hours north of Sydney.
We knew noone there when we started the process - through this website and another, and through friends, we have got a few names and numbers to use when we get there. But it will be a social struggle for the first few weeks/months! In fact saying goodbye to all our friends here is making me realise how many good mates we are leaving and how I won't have any friends there Why isn't there a crying smilie?! (or is that an oxymoron?!)
Anyway, OH has a job to go to but I don't, so I'm dreading sitting at home alone all day every day. Am determined to put myself out there (as it were!) and make new friends asap! Anyone want to be my friend?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

i'll be you friend esperanza!!
But you'll have to move to Perth or us to Sydney!!

I'm in a similar situation really - although we both work, i work quite far way from where i live and everyone is a lot older than me! They're all married with kids that are a similar age to me...!! Although they're all great, we don't have that much in common!

But it's not all bad, it's still early days yet and great friendships don't just happen over night and i'm sure i'll meet more peeps soon!! Its just a dramatic change from the large circle of friends i left in the UK!!

Mish x x x
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
i'll be you friend esperanza!!
But you'll have to move to Perth or us to Sydney!!
We might end up in Perth in a year or two for OH's job, so I'll hold you to that!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:11 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
i love kids but feel like without any we are without an initial starting point at times!

You can borrow mine

Gillian (too old to be anyones friend on this thread )
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:06 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

I am 29 and my hubby is 30. We are now the proud holders of a 136 visa. We are planning a validation trip in November to look at the major cities and surrounding areas and decide if we want to move over. We have an accquaintance in Perth but that is it (and we don't really fancy living in Perth with the high land prices). So if we go we will be all alone. My hubby is very sociable and into sports so he won't have a problem. I am much more quiet and reserved so will find it more difficult I think. I am planning to work full time so hopefully will make some friends to work. I think all you can do is go and give it a try. As we don't have kids, if we go and things don't work out we have only disrupted ourselves. If we waited 'til we had kids I don't thing we'd ever move due to taking the kids away from their grandparents.
KJJ
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm 30 and Est is a little older (don't dare give out specifics these days!!!) and we're selling our house to move to the Gold Coast and for Est, to become a student again for a couple of years...
Is anyone else heading in this direction? It does seem that Perth is very popular on this thread!!!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

hey!

me and my partner are 24 and 23! we hope to go to Adelaide this time next year!

Just about ready to submit Visa!

Dan and Steph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.