Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any web sites.jobs and realestate,brisbane please

any web sites.jobs and realestate,brisbane please

Old Jun 11th 2004, 6:27 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default any web sites.jobs and realestate,brisbane please

hello everyone,have any of you guys got www. pages for jobs and real estate or any other helpfull sites at all for brisbane please.and can anybody tell me if we will need to resit our driving test when we migrate, and when buying a car are there any hidden cost like you pay tax,m.o.t,and insurance over here what do you pay for each year over there.what i want to know is if i pay say $10,000 cash for a car is that it or will some car dealer end up getting a slap for trying to have us over after the deal is done. cheers jonni boy
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope these help

Property

http://www.ljhooker.com.au
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch

Jobs

http://www.natrem.com.au/gw/hrm_subjects/recruitment/
http://jobsearch.gov.au/

Also helpfull

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/

If you give me details someone else may have more specific sites.

Good luck
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any web sites.jobs and realestate,brisbane please

.........and from one of our infamous posters...

http://www.abcdiamond.com/
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:06 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jonni boy
hello everyone,have any of you guys got www. pages for jobs and real estate or any other helpfull sites at all for brisbane please.
I stuck all my Oz favourites here a few days back. Sift through and you should find some useful Brissy ones.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

.....and can anybody tell me if we will need to resit our driving test when we migrate, ......
Yes. You get three months to take the theory test (assuming you have a valid UK licence of course!). If you miss the three month deadline I think you have to do the full monty theory and practical.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Yes. You get three months to take the theory test (assuming you have a valid UK licence of course!). If you miss the three month deadline I think you have to do the full monty theory and practical.
Doesn't it depend on the type of visa you are on and which state you are in ?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by Bix
Doesn't it depend on the type of visa you are on and which state you are in ?
I think the three month rule applies everywhere but yes, it only applies if you are PR. If you're on some sort of temp visa you can get by on a UK licence. It means that if you're on a temp, you can get an Oz licence and share the speeding points across both. Not that .. I .. would .. ever ... condone ... such ... a ... thing
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:57 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by wmoore
Agreed, you get three months to do the theory test, and it is pretty easy. Its a multiple choice question sheet.

I disagree with you on having to take the full practical test, if you go past the 3 months. ( keep it quiet, but i didn't take it for 14 months )
Well actually I did; I took it the first time, within 1 month, but failed it because I didn't read the book !!. Then, when I got around to it again, about 12 months later, I passed with no problems. So they had it on record that I was here, but obviously don't worry about little things like that

Anyway, you should do it within 3 months, as the police have a different attitude, and will fine you for driving without a valid licence if they catch you after the 3 months is up !!!

jonni boy
What part of Brisbane are you coming to ?

After buying a car, you will need to pay transfer fee and stamp duty to the State Government.

QLD does NOT have an annual MOT, but most other States do.

Insurance you will normally need.
The registration includes what they call CTP (compulsory Third Party), but this only covers Personal Injury to another person. It does NOT cover damage to property. So if you hit a Rolls Royce, you have problems !!
You need to take out more insurance for that.

Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:17 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

not to sure which area ,we are going to have a look at wellington point,victoria point and god knows where else when we validate our visas in january.it will be a case of just get in a hire car and drive around.maloolabar looks quite nice but not to sure what its like for work so will just have to see .cheers everyone
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:15 am
ABCDiamond

not to sure which area ,we are going to have a look at wellington point,victoria point
Good choice

Good idea to have a good look around though, and find an area that you feel right in.