Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Visa's granted this week?

Any Visa's granted this week?

Old May 20th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Any Visa's granted this week?

Last week it seemed as though everyone was getting visa's, unless I have missed something, there hasn't been many. I wonder why? Still waiting for ours and havent even had any acknowlegdement yet, applied for RSMS permanent visa.
Wishing everyone the best of luck
Kelly x
Old May 20th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Visa's granted this week?

Originally Posted by samjam
Last week it seemed as though everyone was getting visa's, unless I have missed something, there hasn't been many. I wonder why? Still waiting for ours and havent even had any acknowlegdement yet, applied for RSMS permanent visa.
Kelly x
Hi Kelly

Look on the immigration forum, there's been a few on there
Old May 20th 2005, 11:01 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly x

Sent spouse Visa last Thursday, they recieved it in Friday, took them 10 sec to take the payment. But, heard nothing back yet. I have interigated the postie every day, but, he is only telling me his rank and serial number.
Jim
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:53 am
Just Joined

the bettsys is an unknown quantity at this point

Kelly x

We applied for RSMS and sent all our paperwork into Melbourne on 6 April and has it approved 17 May. We did not have any acknowledgement that they had received the final documents though. We called them on 17 May at 2.30pm to see if they had everything they needed and they said they would look into it and then at 5pm that same day we had a call from them and said it had just been approved!! Might be worth a phone call.
Good Luck

The Bettsys
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the bettsys
We applied for RSMS and sent all our paperwork into Melbourne on 6 April and has it approved 17 May. We did not have any acknowledgement that they had received the final documents though. We called them on 17 May at 2.30pm to see if they had everything they needed and they said they would look into it and then at 5pm that same day we had a call from them and said it had just been approved!! Might be worth a phone call.
Good Luck

The Bettsys
Thanks for your works of encouragement, I only hope Canberra are as quick! I did phone and the man said they had recieved everything but unfortunately didnt phone back!! What you going to do over there? Well done and good luck! Kelly
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your works of encouragement, I only hope Canberra are as quick! I did phone and the man said they had recieved everything but unfortunately didnt phone back!! What you going to do over there? Well done and good luck! Kelly
We are already here. We came out on a temp 457 visa sponsored by my husbands employers. We have been here since July 03. He works in manufacturing. The employers have sponsored us for perm res. He has to stay with them for 2 years but after that he can go where he wants.
We are in north east victoria - a lovely part of the country. Can't remember the last time we saw rain and one week to winter and we are still up to 20 degrees every day!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Sent spouse Visa last Thursday, they recieved it in Friday, took them 10 sec to take the payment. But, heard nothing back yet. I have interigated the postie every day, but, he is only telling me his rank and serial number.
Jim

Hubby's visa last year took a whole 7 days from receipt to passport arriving with visa stuck in it....

Doubt yours will be much longer....
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the bettsys
We are already here. We came out on a temp 457 visa sponsored by my husbands employers. We have been here since July 03. He works in manufacturing. The employers have sponsored us for perm res. He has to stay with them for 2 years but after that he can go where he wants.
We are in north east victoria - a lovely part of the country. Can't remember the last time we saw rain and one week to winter and we are still up to 20 degrees every day!!

Where in the NE are you? We are coming up to Wodonga on the long weekend....

We live in Bendigo!!

Hels
Old May 24th 2005, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Any Visa's granted this week?

Originally Posted by Hels
Where in the NE are you? We are coming up to Wodonga on the long weekend....

We live in Bendigo!!

Hels
We live in Wodonga!!!! Small world. Have you been here before? What long weekend? The Queens Birthday i presume. I don't think there is another one before that is there? Have you got family here?

Suzanne