Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any UNIX consultants moved from UK to Oz?

Any UNIX consultants moved from UK to Oz?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:58 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default Any UNIX consultants moved from UK to Oz?

I know that UNIX was only just added to the MODL but just wondering if there are any UNIX IT consultants that have already made the move from the UK to Oz.

- CDM
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any UNIX consultants moved from UK to Oz?

Originally Posted by CDM
I know that UNIX was only just added to the MODL but just wondering if there are any UNIX IT consultants that have already made the move from the UK to Oz.

- CDM
We'd be interested in the answer to this one too!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:49 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Are you a UNIX consultant also about to make the move?

- CDM
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CDM
Are you a UNIX consultant also about to make the move?

- CDM
OH is a Unix, Oracle, SAP Basis consultant, looking to go to Melbourne around October. Suspect he will need to do some contract work to get foot in the door before a permanent post comes up.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:19 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
OH is a Unix, Oracle, SAP Basis consultant, looking to go to Melbourne around October. Suspect he will need to do some contract work to get foot in the door before a permanent post comes up.
Is there a specific reason why OH would be looking for a permanent position if there was contract work going?

- CDM
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CDM
Is there a specific reason why OH would be looking for a permanent position if there was contract work going?

- CDM
Continuity, annual leave, sick leave, peace of mind that you have a job next week. When you have a 3 year-old and another on the way that kind of security is important. At least to us anyway! I have a lot of respect for people who can 'wing it' but we need that bit of a safety net!