Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any UK soap addicts in the family?

Any UK soap addicts in the family?

Old Feb 1st 2020, 12:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any UK soap addicts in the family?

Wife loves Corrie, and every week she sits down to watch it in three sessions of two episodes each. I find it mildly amusing but not compelling tv. I don't get it!
Old Feb 1st 2020, 4:15 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any UK soap addicts in the family?

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Wife loves Corrie, and every week she sits down to watch it in three sessions of two episodes each. I find it mildly amusing but not compelling tv. I don't get it!
I'm sure there's stuff that you watch that she doesn't get either.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Wife records Eastenders and Coronation St. They are only allowed on when I and the kids are out. I refuse to allow shows that portray misery as the norm to be on in the house.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 8:52 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Wife records Eastenders and Coronation St. They are only allowed on when I and the kids are out. I refuse to allow shows that portray misery as the norm to be on in the house.
You can't watch much news or current affairs then?
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm sure there's stuff that you watch that she doesn't get either.
Mostly sport, which I usually watch when she is asleep - wrong time-zone for Premier League. Apart from that, every evening she chooses what we watch. A glass of wine does wonders.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dreamy
You can't watch much news or current affairs then?
Usually, I wouldn't call them shows, but times have changed and the producers are no longer impartial. "Fake news" and all that. Too much partisanship nowadays, albeit I do enjoy listening to the shock-jocks of Fox News Radio!
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
I saw this thread title and thought it was about soap, was going to post about how much I like Sanex shower gel I really do like it though, so much so that when we moved back to Oz there was a carton of 24 bottles in our container.

I don't watch soaps but my sister in law in the UK loves them, so when we stay with them I do a lot of reading in the afternoon. I think they're a harmless pleasure, there's a lot worse things people could be doing!
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

My brother was acting in the mid 1950’s early 60’s and was in Manchester for an audition. He met a friend there and they were chatting about the parts they were auditioning for. His friend said he was auditioning for a new soap called Coronation St, but didn’t think it would last!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomar
My brother was acting in the mid 1950’s early 60’s and was in Manchester for an audition. He met a friend there and they were chatting about the parts they were auditioning for. His friend said he was auditioning for a new soap called Coronation St, but didn’t think it would last!!!!
Woah, I hope the friend didn't put any money on that prediction!
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

He got the part, went on to be a successful actor. Not sure if I have the right to mention his name. Think Emmerdale and Dr. Who. He and my brother and lots of other young actors went to Corona Academy in West London. They appeared in lots of tv shows. My brother gave up in his twenties, to insecure a profession, but was very successful when younger. Played Jim Hawkins in Treasure Island, Julian in Famous five, plus many others.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 5:28 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by tomar
He got the part, went on to be a successful actor. Not sure if I have the right to mention his name. Think Emmerdale and Dr. Who. He and my brother and lots of other young actors went to Corona Academy in West London. They appeared in lots of tv shows. My brother gave up in his twenties, to insecure a profession, but was very successful when younger. Played Jim Hawkins in Treasure Island, Julian in Famous five, plus many others.
I'm woefully ignorant of all things TV so wouldn't recognise his name anyway, but I'm glad he was successful in a job he obviously loved. I can understand your brother wanting more security but he must have been very talented to get those roles, well done him!
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Still keep up with the archers. Tend to listen to radio drama a lot, thank goodness for BBC sounds app (I player as was).
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 11:25 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I confess, I watch Corrie, Eastenders, Causualty and Holby City.
Old Feb 2nd 2020, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Don't watch any soaps at all. Just finished watching Broadchurch though and that was most disappointing.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Don't watch any soaps at all. Just finished watching Broadchurch though and that was most disappointing.
​​​​​​ Although originally from Manchester I have never watched Coronation Street, we don't watch any of the soaps or reality TV.....We do have some fab series on that we will record and watch when we fancy watching them..we do love the the foreign programmes or Stockholm Requiem, Wisting are some we are currently watching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.