Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any UK Business Psychologists moved to Aus?

Any UK Business Psychologists moved to Aus?

Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

HJW501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any UK Business Psychologists moved to Aus?

Hi. I'm a Business Psychologist working in the UK. I've not completed my "Chartership" or "Stage 2" of qualification (I've only done my BSc and MSc). The Occupational/Organisational/Work/Business Psychology route is different to other Psychology qualification routes in the UK and I'm trying to find out if anyone else has made the move without being chartered? My profession is on the SOL - but without Chartership I don't know if I qualify. Any advice / personal stories most appreciated!
Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any UK Business Psychologists moved to Aus?

Originally Posted by HJW501
Hi. I'm a Business Psychologist working in the UK. I've not completed my "Chartership" or "Stage 2" of qualification (I've only done my BSc and MSc). The Occupational/Organisational/Work/Business Psychology route is different to other Psychology qualification routes in the UK and I'm trying to find out if anyone else has made the move without being chartered? My profession is on the SOL - but without Chartership I don't know if I qualify. Any advice / personal stories most appreciated!
The SOL should have a link that takes you to the details needed for the skills assessment. You need to see if you are able to pass that.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The SOL should have a link that takes you to the details needed for the skills assessment. You need to see if you are able to pass that.
Thanks for your reply. I've already reviewed the APS process and requirements and I've looked at the APS standards for Australian psychology education. The issue is, with the UK route i think i am at around the equivalent of year 5 of the Australian route(because I'm not chartered). I need to know if that would mean i have no chance of passing the APS assessment before i shell out the $1000 plus. Hence the request for any personal stories. :-)
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HJW501
Thanks for your reply. I've already reviewed the APS process and requirements and I've looked at the APS standards for Australian psychology education. The issue is, with the UK route i think i am at around the equivalent of year 5 of the Australian route(because I'm not chartered). I need to know if that would mean i have no chance of passing the APS assessment before i shell out the $1000 plus. Hence the request for any personal stories. :-)
Have you consulted any migration agents?
Personal stories are great but requirements can change, and each application is going to be sightly different as regards work experience etc.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks yes I have. however, they are unable to advise on the exact assessment undertaken by the APS. Also, the assessment done by the APS is supposed to cover educational qualification only and does not consider work experience. Therefore, it would be great to know if anyone who isn't chartered has been successful in the assessment. Thanks! :-)