Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any tradesmen got a job waiting after applying on the internet?

Any tradesmen got a job waiting after applying on the internet?

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice
Default Any tradesmen got a job waiting after applying on the internet?

Hello all,
Just finishing the TRA and fingers crossed i hope to be in Brisbane by March next year.
My question is this.
I see lots of vacancies for sparks jobs on Oz websites and wondered if anyone had sent a CV's off from the UK and been offered a position or at least an interview when they arrive. Do you need the state licence before anyone will even consider employing you? If so. What will be the best way to get a job over there as quick as posible?

Les
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any tradesmen got a job waiting after applying on the internet?

Hi mate, im in the same boat as yourself, I have done the Tra and now I have a 136 visa I am heading over to Brisbane myself. I have been given a new site available to the skilled migrants on Australian Skilled Migrant Job Seeker web site https://skilledmigrant.gov.au/default.aspx You would need your visa grant number to register. As reading from the electricians forum from the link http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...sprune=-1&f=97 Read through the threads mate, you will need to apply for a ARTC licence, I am in the process of sending mine off for a licence but I do know I will have to go back to college from reading through the threads. As your questions there as thats where you will get your answers.

Good luck.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
Hello all,
Just finishing the TRA and fingers crossed i hope to be in Brisbane by March next year.
My question is this.
I see lots of vacancies for sparks jobs on Oz websites and wondered if anyone had sent a CV's off from the UK and been offered a position or at least an interview when they arrive. Do you need the state licence before anyone will even consider employing you? If so. What will be the best way to get a job over there as quick as posible?

Les

It's pretty hard to get employment without a licence, but not impossible. Like Graff said, post in the electricians forum, there's loads in there that will be able to offer advice.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Thanks Graff and Wendy,
I'll try the sites as soon as i get my TRA back