Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Tips on Places to take Dogs in Melbourne

Any Tips on Places to take Dogs in Melbourne

Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Tips on Places to take Dogs in Melbourne

hi there,

I was wondering if any Dog owners who live in Melbourne knew of some great places to take a doggy?

I have a Hungarian Vizsla, he is a Pointer and loves the outdoors and we take him to the Beaches he can go on and the dog parks.

What I would really like to do is take him out for the whole day on a weekend into forest areas and woodland and I am not at all sure where such places would be and its quite a grey area as to where you can take a Dog too. I know national parks are a no no, and you cant take dogs into the Dandenong Ranges national Park for instance, so if anyone knows of a great place where a dog can get amongst it, aside from usual footies ovals and beaches i'd love to know.

Cheers

Dan
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Tips on Places to take Dogs in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Sherro
hi there,

I was wondering if any Dog owners who live in Melbourne knew of some great places to take a doggy?

I have a Hungarian Vizsla, he is a Pointer and loves the outdoors and we take him to the Beaches he can go on and the dog parks.

What I would really like to do is take him out for the whole day on a weekend into forest areas and woodland and I am not at all sure where such places would be and its quite a grey area as to where you can take a Dog too. I know national parks are a no no, and you cant take dogs into the Dandenong Ranges national Park for instance, so if anyone knows of a great place where a dog can get amongst it, aside from usual footies ovals and beaches i'd love to know.

Cheers

Dan
Try this site:
http://www.4legs.com.au/walkabout.php

Our dog (boxer) loves being off leash too and I would so love to take her into woods/forest type places. We have a couple of places where we take her regularly that allow off leash and the other dogs are "friendly" eg Roffey Lake @ Doncaster; along the Yarra in East Ivanhoe; Chelsworth Park again in East Ivanhoe; and Port/South Melbourne beaches in winter.

HTH and good luck