Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ANY SUNSHINE COAST MEET UP'S?

ANY SUNSHINE COAST MEET UP'S?

Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:03 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all
Default ANY SUNSHINE COAST MEET UP'S?

Hey all,

Just wondering if the Sunshine Coast hold any meet up's? We have moved up here from Brisbane 3 weeks ago.

Have settled and now looking to go to one off these meet-up's I see on here often, but a majority are in the Gold coast.

KatieX
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

leanneb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANY SUNSHINE COAST MEET UP'S?

Hi,

I have just found and joined this group. Don't know much about it but I see you are looking to meet with people on the Sunshine Coast. Great idea! My family and I have just moved here from Cheltenham Gloucestershire UK nearly a year ago and so far not really met anyone to socialize with. We live near Australia Zoo and would be happy to meet up with anyone.
I have a husband and two daughters 9 and 12 years and a very old but well travelled Labrador. I am not working at the moment as I am finding it difficult to find after school child care. I did work when in the UK as a administration officer and I am at at moment doing a book keeping course off campus.
Hope to hear from you soon, have a good day.

Leanne
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:48 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all

Hi Leanneb,

Nice to hear from you, I know where Australia Zoo is, we are in Sunshine Beach which is next to Noosa, do you know where that is? We have non-school age kids but i'd imagine is is pretty hard to find care, our kids have just started Kindy x2 a week. Do you work fulltime, and also study? We are from South Wales, Penarth, but one of our friends played for Cheltenham F.C so been their before, we liked it up their.

KatieX
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:50 am
welshoz

Oh yes, and we also have a labrador Fi-Fi from Fi-Fi and the flowertots my daughter named her, but she is a naughty 18 month old whom gets dressed up and has clips put in her.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Katie,

Thanks for your reply. What does your husband do for work? Gary (my husband) is trying to start up on his own as we had a business in the UK. He is trying to get his builders license but there is so much red tape it is difficult to get any info let alone the right one. I would love to meet up at some stage what day is best for you. Weekends are always good as we try to go somewhere as a family and are on the lookout for places to go and see.
Have you had any luck with finding other friends via this web site. It does seem to be difficult. I think it is perhaps easier when you have young children as mums can meet at kindy, but as the children get older they tend to get more independant and the parents lose the daily meeting of other parents. Still we cannot stop them from growing up.
Love to hear back from you soon.

Leanne
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:36 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshoz
Hi Leanneb,

Nice to hear from you, I know where Australia Zoo is, we are in Sunshine Beach which is next to Noosa, do you know where that is? We have non-school age kids but i'd imagine is is pretty hard to find care, our kids have just started Kindy x2 a week. Do you work fulltime, and also study? We are from South Wales, Penarth, but one of our friends played for Cheltenham F.C so been their before, we liked it up their.

KatieX

Hi Katie,
We are arriving in a week There's me the oh, and 2 boys 18months and 4yr. How are you finding Kindy? I'm really worried about my two. Do they do anything different over there? How old are your two?
Bec
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:54 pm
welshoz

Originally Posted by leanneb
Katie,

Thanks for your reply. What does your husband do for work? Gary (my husband) is trying to start up on his own as we had a business in the UK. He is trying to get his builders license but there is so much red tape it is difficult to get any info let alone the right one. I would love to meet up at some stage what day is best for you. Weekends are always good as we try to go somewhere as a family and are on the lookout for places to go and see.
Have you had any luck with finding other friends via this web site. It does seem to be difficult. I think it is perhaps easier when you have young children as mums can meet at kindy, but as the children get older they tend to get more independant and the parents lose the daily meeting of other parents. Still we cannot stop them from growing up.
Love to hear back from you soon.

Leanne

Hey there,

Weekends are good for us to, however we are still not getting over a bad cold so cant do this weekend, and next one my Mom and Dad are visiting, but their is a beautiful place not to far away called Peregian Beach lovely park and right on the beach, they also have great coffees.

So if you havent been their before I am sure you will love it. Dont know of many other places as I have only been up here for a month so if you have any suggestions?

Spk soon, KatieX
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:59 pm
welshoz

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi Katie,
We are arriving in a week There's me the oh, and 2 boys 18months and 4yr. How are you finding Kindy? I'm really worried about my two. Do they do anything different over there? How old are your two?
Bec
Oh wow,how exicting for you, isnt it fun packing for kids you end up having no room for yourself

Kindy, my kids have only just started 2 wks ago for 2 days a week, they had never to any childcare before so cant compare to the U.K. But they absolutely love it, was pleasantly suprised as was expecting a major tears.

Only drawback for us is because we are not yet residents (hopefully v soon) we have to pay full fees which are $59 for my son and $55 for my daughter. But my daughter starts school in January as over here if they turn five before July (i think or maybe June end) then they start that yr if after July then start the yr after.

Where bouts you moving to on the S.S Coast

KatieX
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:31 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshoz
Oh wow,how exicting for you, isnt it fun packing for kids you end up having no room for yourself

Kindy, my kids have only just started 2 wks ago for 2 days a week, they had never to any childcare before so cant compare to the U.K. But they absolutely love it, was pleasantly suprised as was expecting a major tears.

Only drawback for us is because we are not yet residents (hopefully v soon) we have to pay full fees which are $59 for my son and $55 for my daughter. But my daughter starts school in January as over here if they turn five before July (i think or maybe June end) then they start that yr if after July then start the yr after.

Where bouts you moving to on the S.S Coast

KatieX
Hi!

Yes, my son's birthday is on 14th July! so he just misses out which is a shame, so it will be Kindy for a year...don't think i can wait untill the end of Jan though

Arriving in Caloundra and then checking out other places so not too sure as yet. Really like the sound of Buderim, also checking out Mooloolaba/cotton tree area and Noosa. Where abouts are you? and hopw long have you been there?
Bec
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Tilly mint is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi!

Yes, my son's birthday is on 14th July! so he just misses out which is a shame, so it will be Kindy for a year...don't think i can wait untill the end of Jan though

Arriving in Caloundra and then checking out other places so not too sure as yet. Really like the sound of Buderim, also checking out Mooloolaba/cotton tree area and Noosa. Where abouts are you? and hopw long have you been there?
Bec
Hi, hope you dont mind me butting in. We are due to arrive in ss coast begining of oct, OH and I and 2 boys, 7 and 10. Once kinda organised love to meet up. We will be in that area, not sorted schools yet, but they seem nice, any tips on them?
I'm all for getting a ss coast meet up going. Have you logged on(web site) mum and kids surf club, family friendly beaches met ups! sounds good to me
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I have just found and joined this group. Don't know much about it but I see you are looking to meet with people on the Sunshine Coast. Great idea! My family and I have just moved here from Cheltenham Gloucestershire UK nearly a year ago and so far not really met anyone to socialize with. We live near Australia Zoo and would be happy to meet up with anyone.
I have a husband and two daughters 9 and 12 years and a very old but well travelled Labrador. I am not working at the moment as I am finding it difficult to find after school child care. I did work when in the UK as a administration officer and I am at at moment doing a book keeping course off campus.

Leanne

Hello! We are from Tewkesbury (i'm from Chelt originally) and are planning to be over in the sunshine coast by end of October. Heading for Coolum initially and then we'll see where we want to get a longer term rental - depends where oh can get work (he's a carpenter joiner). Definately want to meet up with people when we get here - we have a dog (of mixed persuasion!) and a 2 year old son Harry. Never been to Oz before so we'll need all the advice we can get!

Hopefully if you are still visiting this board over the next few months we can get in touch and meet up.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

I am more than happy to meet anyone anywhere. Please please keep in touch during your move. It is fab being here but a bit lonely when everything is done and you find when you are not so busy you start missing friends. Still, this is a great way to meet new people going through the same emotions good and bad. There is always someone to talk (or write) to. Even though Australia is home for me it has changed alot in the 16 years that I have been away. The lifestyle is great it is just hard to meet people when you are new to the area.
My husband too is a carpenter and he is working at the moment at Brisbane Airport replacing windows. There is plenty of work about.
Keep in touch and I will help any way I can if you need it.
Kind regards and take care
Leanne
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

paulhug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Leanne
Hi Leanne,
we have just landed in Beerwah too. We have been in oz for 7 weeks but here for 3. We have 2 kids Tom (10) and Jessica (7) and they go to Beerwah State school, is that where your two go? Whereabouts in Beerwah are you? We are between the High school and the primary school.
In the UK, Anne, my wife was a primary teacher and i had a building company.
Neither of us are working yet so if you fancy a brew PM us.

Paul and Anne
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulhug
Hi Leanne,
we have just landed in Beerwah too. We have been in oz for 7 weeks but here for 3. We have 2 kids Tom (10) and Jessica (7) and they go to Beerwah State school, is that where your two go? Whereabouts in Beerwah are you? We are between the High school and the primary school.
In the UK, Anne, my wife was a primary teacher and i had a building company.
Neither of us are working yet so if you fancy a brew PM us.

Paul and Anne
Paul ya found it x saved me writing it down...see you both later...whilst some of us work. haha

Cath x
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Cath and Paul,

What a coincidence? We are in the Beerwah Heights Estate. I have a daughter that goes to Beerwah Primary grade 4 and another that is in Beerwah High grade 8. It would be great to meet up soon I hope. Next week is good as my husband has quite his job in Brisbane (the travelling was just to much) so he and I will be around all day as from next week. Until he finds something else here, hopefully a bit more local. We can fit in with you. I have sort of arranged a meet up with another English family the weekend after next so if you are free you also could come and meet up with them and make it a group coffee and chat. They to have got children a little bit younger but the more the merrier! I don't know if we should be giving out telephone numbers at this stage but I am happy for you to call me 54390783.
Great to hear from you
Leanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.