Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for Glasgow venue for Lassies Lunch?

Wikiposts

Any suggestions for Glasgow venue for Lassies Lunch?

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:33 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any suggestions for Glasgow venue for Lassies Lunch?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Wi Wendy,

Thanks for the comments. It seems that the clubbing starts about 8pm so it would get a busy then. But hopefully if we meet at lunch people might be a bit partied out by that time!

Cheers

Ginny
All the options are good ones. Waxy's is right outside the train station and is a great pub, the only problem I have with it though is that it has so many bars and little areas we might not find each other. On the other hand though, we could find a cosy little corner to pile the drinks up in and just sit back for a good old blether, I'll just be sure to wear a pink carnartion on my coat and have a copy of The Age under my arm

Lunchtime suits me just fine.

Gill
Old Jan 4th 2006, 4:03 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
All the options are good ones. Waxy's is right outside the train station and is a great pub, the only problem I have with it though is that it has so many bars and little areas we might not find each other. On the other hand though, we could find a cosy little corner to pile the drinks up in and just sit back for a good old blether, I'll just be sure to wear a pink carnartion on my coat and have a copy of The Age under my arm

Lunchtime suits me just fine.

Gill

I'll go anywhere , well within reason i.e its got to sell alcohol just point me in the right direction.

Good point about finding each other, imagine approaching someone, and they think, who's this nutter, lol
Old Jan 4th 2006, 4:21 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I'll go anywhere , well within reason i.e its got to sell alcohol just point me in the right direction.

Good point about finding each other, imagine approaching someone, and they think, who's this nutter, lol
Are you really that bad? hehe Where will you be coming from?
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:07 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
Are you really that bad? hehe Where will you be coming from?

Probably from the door to the bar
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

margaret i dont know if you know but the outbound emigrate show is going to be in glasgow at the end of march. when's your meet?

debbie x
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
margaret i dont know if you know but the outbound emigrate show is going to be in glasgow at the end of march. when's your meet?

debbie x

No, didn't know that, whats that about, our meet is 28th Jan, but am sure we could manage another , is it the same thing they had in Edinburgh
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

No, didn't know that, whats that about, our meet is 28th Jan, but am sure we could manage another , is it the same thing they had in Edinburgh
not sure! its all about migrating, has different exhibitors and seminars. its at the SECC.

can you reccommend any good cheap hotels or b&b's
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
not sure! its all about migrating, has different exhibitors and seminars. its at the SECC.

can you reccommend any good cheap hotels or b&b's

sorry, cant think of any, but i'm sure it wont be a problem getting one and its dead easy to get to the secc from the city centre.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:58 am
Sunny Sydney

I can see we're going to have to watch you!!! If I'm there first I'll get the BuckFast in
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:00 am
Sunny Sydney

sorry, cant think of any, but i'm sure it wont be a problem getting one and its dead easy to get to the secc from the city centre.
Just peeked at the SECC web site but there's no info on booking it yet. However, in doing so noticed that the Australian Pink Floyd are playing the week after the Emigrate thing, for all those of you who are into them, we're probably going to go, haven't seen them in a few years but they're excellent.

Gill
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stitch
Cheers Beth for looking. What do you think yourself? Any other comments?

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Stitch

I think it would be a great place to go but I'll just follow the crowd whatever you do.

Beth