Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any spare Ashes tickets????

Wikiposts

Any spare Ashes tickets????

Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice
Default Re: Any spare Ashes tickets????

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
What city are you looking for? I may have one for the fourth day of the Brisbane test. Jim has invited a friend to go and if he does then we'll have one spare. If he doesn't, me and the boy will be going. I'll know in a couple of weeks. If I do sell it, it will be at face value.

Jane
That's very kind of you Jane, we are looking for Brissie, as that is where we are settling.

Will keep in touch via expats. We have to be out of our house in UK on the 27th this month, so hoping to fly over around 30th Oct, but waiting for the good old visa's!

Going on all these replies about ashes tickets, maybe i should try and take an interest in the sport! Is it that popular?

Thanks again,

Melis
Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dicko
Prepare to sell your soul, as tickets are HOT property, word of warning though buying off ebay is a gamble as Cricket Australia has cancelled a lot, due to the extortionate prices they have been selling for.

Good Luck
I have bought 2 off ebay uk for 4th day of Brisbane test . They look to be authentic but how do i know if they have been cancelled?
Raven

Last edited by raven; Oct 15th 2006 at 3:57 am. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beachbumz
Well.....i may have one for friday 15th at Perth....in the West grassbank stand..open to offers...?
What sort of offer would you like?

I could swap for my ticket on Sunday, or I have spares for the one day games.

Cheers
Bob in Bull Creek
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Here you go
Wouldn't risk ebay - too much publicity about cancelled tickets
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:49 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wouldn't risk ebay - too much publicity about cancelled tickets
Could always ring cricket australia and say you were given them by a friend can you check they are valid and read them the nbrs.

On a different note - I had cricket australia phone me tonight, trying to flog me raffle tickets 10$ a go ! to have chance to win 70K$ Ford voucher ( I thinnk ) or a corporate box for all 5 days of hte ashes opening match at brissie (20K$ ) or a night in shane warne's boxer shorts (you had to pay 100$ not to go if you got 3rd ).

ok so I forgot what 3rd prize was.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 10:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Could always ring cricket australia and say you were given them by a friend can you check they are valid and read them the nbrs.

On a different note - I had cricket australia phone me tonight, trying to flog me raffle tickets 10$ a go ! to have chance to win 70K$ Ford voucher ( I thinnk ) or a corporate box for all 5 days of hte ashes opening match at brissie (20K$ ) or a night in shane warne's boxer shorts (you had to pay 100$ not to go if you got 3rd ).

ok so I forgot what 3rd prize was.
God what a choice.....all 5 days of the Ashes or a night in Shane's boxers....ARRRGHHHH why didn't they ring ME!!!