British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Any smokers?... smoking flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/any-smokers-smoking-flights-111713/)

Ceri Sep 23rd 2002 6:40 am

Any smokers?... smoking flights

Hi,
Does anybody know if there are any airlines which allow smoking from Australia to London? I know you're not allowed to smoke over Australian air space, but beyond that?

last time I travelled back to the UK was a couple of years ago and I managed to get a flight with Malaysian airlines smoking, but this has all changed too.

I'm thinking of going home for christmas for a couple of weeks, and don't think I could last the flight with out a cigarette.... disgusting! before anyone else says it, and to give it up.

Anyway, anbody know of an airline, or are they all non smoking, any Japanese airlines or something which allows smoking? anybody know?

Cough.. cough
cheers

dotty Sep 23rd 2002 8:54 am

Re: Any smokers?... smoking flights

EVA air. They also do a very cheap Premium economy class.

Ceri Sep 23rd 2002 8:58 am

Originally posted by dotty:
EVA air. They also do a very cheap Premium economy class.

Thanks for the info Dotty,
I'll see if I can find them on the net and check them out.
cheers :)

mozz48 Sep 23rd 2002 10:54 am

The thing with progress is that in the year 2002 most airlines will let you smoke in flight The only draw back to it all it is that the only designated smoking areas are out on the wing Cheers Gerard

ywoods Sep 24th 2002 12:09 am

I am a smoker and survived perfectly apart from the nag nag from my son as the first thing I did was find a smoking area in the airports lol

You will survive.. be brave dont come off the plane WREAKING of smoke ewwwwwww smoking on planes are YUKKKKK

YES I AM A SMOKER lol

Flew Malaysian and as it was a night time flight, with the aid of one valium, I was knocked out for hours and as the first leg of the journey is 12.5 hours, it went fast thus not needing a ciggy til I got to KL :)

Soon as I got to melb, had to wait eons to get out the airport in order to have a puff, but all in all, painless :)

Good luck *koff*

Yvonne :)

Originally posted by Ceri:
Hi,
Does anybody know if there are any airlines which allow smoking from Australia to London? I know you're not allowed to smoke over Australian air space, but beyond that?

last time I travelled back to the UK was a couple of years ago and I managed to get a flight with Malaysian airlines smoking, but this has all changed too.

I'm thinking of going home for christmas for a couple of weeks, and don't think I could last the flight with out a cigarette.... disgusting! before anyone else says it, and to give it up.

Anyway, anbody know of an airline, or are they all non smoking, any Japanese airlines or something which allows smoking? anybody know?

Cough.. cough
cheers