Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any similar immigration experience?

Any similar immigration experience?

Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:22 am
Banned

amansingh is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Any similar immigration experience?

Firstly, I would like to express my great satisfaction of finding a resource such as this board where so many people are willing to share migration knowledge.

I would greatly appreciate it anybody would share there knowledge if it relates to my situation.

I have had my heart set on moving to Australia for a few years but never qualified on the skills test. I got married in May 04 to an Indian nurse, who has been living here in the UK since Jan02 on a work visa. She is now working on her 2nd work visa, as she needed to change job to move location to be with me. This visa expires in Oct 06.

At the moment, she cannot gain indefinite leave here in the UK until she has either:
· Been living with me for 2 years (spouse application) OR
· Been living and working here for 4 years in total, and thereby automatically qualifies for residency.

Basically, we wish to move to Australia ASAP on a PR visa with her being the main applicant and me as the spouse.

Does anyone know as to whether we can gain this PR now, or should we wait until she has indefinite leave in the UK?

I guess at the moment she is seen as an Indian. I’m not sure if Indian nurses are as sought after as British nurses. My wife does however have 3 years of British nursing experience (2.5 yrs theatre anaesthetist, and just started as in ICU.

Can anyone help with any advice please?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:47 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any similar immigration experience?

Originally Posted by amansingh

Firstly, I would like to express my great satisfaction of finding a resource such as this board where so many people are willing to share migration knowledge.

I would greatly appreciate it anybody would share there knowledge if it relates to my situation.

I have had my heart set on moving to Australia for a few years but never qualified on the skills test. I got married in May 04 to an Indian nurse, who has been living here in the UK since Jan02 on a work visa. She is now working on her 2nd work visa, as she needed to change job to move location to be with me. This visa expires in Oct 06.

At the moment, she cannot gain indefinite leave here in the UK until she has either:
· Been living with me for 2 years (spouse application) OR
· Been living and working here for 4 years in total, and thereby automatically qualifies for residency.

Basically, we wish to move to Australia ASAP on a PR visa with her being the main applicant and me as the spouse.

Does anyone know as to whether we can gain this PR now, or should we wait until she has indefinite leave in the UK?

I guess at the moment she is seen as an Indian. I’m not sure if Indian nurses are as sought after as British nurses. My wife does however have 3 years of British nursing experience (2.5 yrs theatre anaesthetist, and just started as in ICU.

Can anyone help with any advice please?

Thanks in advance
hi you may find more information in the oz/nz immigration forum