Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any self employed out there (INTERGRITY CHECKING)

any self employed out there (INTERGRITY CHECKING)

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default any self employed out there (INTERGRITY CHECKING)

Hi,was not at work today and got a phone call from an employee from DIMIA :scared:
They had been to my shop and phoned me to come and open it.
It was to make sure that i was self employed and had a shop.
This check was carried out on behalf of the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.
They have been going up and down the country checking on self employed business
One guy said he worked with computer he said that he had an IT business and worked from home.they went to his house to check about his business but he didnt have one(no Australia for him)
Seems to be that they are getting more stricked
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any self employed out there (INTERGRITY CHECKING)

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi,was not at work today and got a phone call from an employee from DIMIA :scared:
They had been to my shop and phoned me to come and open it.
It was to make sure that i was self employed and had a shop.
This check was carried out on behalf of the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.
They have been going up and down the country checking on self employed business
One guy said he worked with computer he said that he had an IT business and worked from home.they went to his house to check about his business but he didnt have one(no Australia for him)
Seems to be that they are getting more stricked
This is the first time I have ever heard of this sort of thing happening in the three years since we started the process of moving here from the UK. Surely it would be for the assessing skills body to grant or decline approval and not DIMIA to check. They are a processing centre and dont become involved in the checking of your skills, work history etc. That happens before the application.

Obviously your the one who got the phone call but this is very odd indeed......
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: any self employed out there (INTERGRITY CHECKING)

Originally Posted by Centurion
This is the first time I have ever heard of this sort of thing happening in the three years since we started the process of moving here from the UK. Surely it would be for the assessing skills body to grant or decline approval and not DIMIA to check. They are a processing centre and dont become involved in the checking of your skills, work history etc. That happens before the application.

Obviously your the one who got the phone call but this is very odd indeed......
This sounds like its more of a check of whether you actually own a business though, rather than checking your skills?
I don't know though, don't really understand how the process works