Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Rn Transfering To Ran?

Any Rn Transfering To Ran?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Rn Transfering To Ran?

We are hopefully transferring to RAN Submariners early 08 & am on the look out for help, advice anything you want to pass on. We will probably be going to Perth.
We have two girls 8 & 2 but will have to leave a very sad mum & dad behind - which will break my heart!

Anyhow if you think you can help us with anything pls post a reply. We will hopefully find out ina couple of months re the transferr!!!!
Thanks
Flo Thatcher
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice
Default Re: Any Rn Transfering To Ran?

Originally Posted by flo&mags
We are hopefully transferring to RAN Submariners early 08 & am on the look out for help, advice anything you want to pass on. We will probably be going to Perth.
We have two girls 8 & 2 but will have to leave a very sad mum & dad behind - which will break my heart!

Anyhow if you think you can help us with anything pls post a reply. We will hopefully find out ina couple of months re the transferr!!!!
Thanks
Flo Thatcher

Hi Flo

Welcome to the site. We are in the process of transferred to the RAN after hubby just finishing 22 yrs in RN. We sent our first email in Feb 06 and have just sent off visa application and waiting for medicals to be sent. Long process!!!!

If you do a search for RAN you will get some old posts to read through. If we can help in any way just let us know and I'm sure a few other people transferring with be along soon. Good luck and take care

Nicky
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Thanks
Flo Thatcher
Hi Flo
We are living in Plymouth and are taking this route not submariner though don't do underwater!. We signed our paper work yesterday and hope to go in November................ Can't wait now. The Australian Navy are brilliant it is a long process but after our interview with them yesterday I can't wait. They are so people focused and the family is very high on their priority list. I have just noticed you are Ruislip that is where we are today, as we stayed here with our friend so we could go to London to sign! We are going to be based in Perth right from the start and my hubby will go to Victoria for his training. I am happy to share any thing I know. There is also Angie who uses this forum and she has been so helpful no doubt she will share advice aswell.

Good Luck

Kate
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kate. Neil went to meet them in London & Penny said that is was just a case of waiting for the BIG letter!! She recommends we go for Jan so that our eldest can start school at the begining of a new year. Are you not scared or sad about leaving peole behind - thats my biggy - silly I know as people will visit. And now I have just read a thread showing big - not big huge spiders in peoples houses!! NIGHTMARE come true if that appears in the first month - Ill want to go home straight away thats for sure!!!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Thanks Kate. Neil went to meet them in London & Penny said that is was just a case of waiting for the BIG letter!! She recommends we go for Jan so that our eldest can start school at the begining of a new year. Are you not scared or sad about leaving peole behind - thats my biggy - silly I know as people will visit. And now I have just read a thread showing big - not big huge spiders in peoples houses!! NIGHTMARE come true if that appears in the first month - Ill want to go home straight away thats for sure!!!
Hiya

ANOTHER ONE!!!! Fantastic! Best of luck with all - it's long, but well worth the effort! Please pm/email me if you need any help - if I don't know, I can probably find out for you!

Welcome to the Forum and all that - take care

Angie
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:23 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Wooders
Hi Flo
We are living in Plymouth and are taking this route not submariner though don't do underwater!. We signed our paper work yesterday and hope to go in November................ Can't wait now. The Australian Navy are brilliant it is a long process but after our interview with them yesterday I can't wait. They are so people focused and the family is very high on their priority list. I have just noticed you are Ruislip that is where we are today, as we stayed here with our friend so we could go to London to sign! We are going to be based in Perth right from the start and my hubby will go to Victoria for his training. I am happy to share any thing I know. There is also Angie who uses this forum and she has been so helpful no doubt she will share advice aswell.

Good Luck

Kate
Hi Kate, we have fully furnished homes in Rockingham south of Perth (where the naval base is) have a look at our site at www.cedarcottagewa.com in case you need somewhere to stay when you first arrive. Suzette.