Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any regrets anyone?

Any regrets anyone?

Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any regrets anyone?

How the hell am I supposed to know he/she is Welsh, where does it say that on the posting???? Think I'll cancel that 10 whiskeys at the Old Bailey you were going to buy me
And I am pretty sure I know my way around OZ, probably as well as you know the UK
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yo chimp.

Originally posted by tipper:
i bet the aussies and abos cant wait till you ***** of home to the uk with all the ilegal immigrants and muslim extremist hate westerners uk, you go back to bullshit political correct england sorry ethnic uk person.
i wondered where michial jacksons chimp went,yes its PBarstered no mum or dad. i will see you in 2 years time when you go back to auss for a rest
+ not - about life.
tipper he-mail and snapper.

Same nice people will greet you here lovely new mosque holds over 2000 gone up in Padbury Perth , the local Poms who live there are realy happy about it.
The "bullshit political correct " Aussies cannot see a problem,
went to Perth immigration office last week loads of Asians and Arabs we were only European couple there.
The Abbo's love Poms about as much as the Australians do not upset them , forget the hamming you will get they will sue for the insults, its not good form to call them the useless prats they are.
We Apes find it insulting to be be called a chimp and will be in touch with my bullshit political correct Australian lawyer.
Not to put to finer point on it , right now I would feel a lot safer in the UK , what happened in Bali was to close for comfort its a second home for alot of Perth people.
Just a thought here did the words muticulural on your form mean anything to you ? Australia sees its self as mixing pot and its trying to get away from being a mainly European population , and letting in more of other races and religions.
My anorack is bigger than your anorack, got loads of use Yesterday.

ROOFS were blown off houses, trees uprooted and powerlines downed when 10 tornadoes hit Perth yesterday afternoon.

More than 180 SES volunteers responded to 212 calls for help from people in suburbs such as Rockingham, Mosman Park, Peppermint Grove and Stirling after the storm front hit just before 1pm.

Weather Bureau forecaster Matt Boterhoven said that localised winds up to 250kmh could have been experienced, judging by the big trees that had been ripped up and snapped.

Traffic was disrupted when trees and powerlines were brought down on suburban roads, including Stirling Highway in Cottesloe and Mosman Park and the Mitchell Freeway north on-ramp at Hutton Street.

Power was cut to 25,000 businesses and homes across Perth.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Oct 18th 2002 at 4:22 am.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:37 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suebo:
How the hell am I supposed to know he/she is Welsh, where does it say that on the posting???? Think I'll cancel that 10 whiskeys at the Old Bailey you were going to buy me
And I am pretty sure I know my way around OZ, probably as well as you know the UK
Sorry Sue my fault forgot you were an Aussie , I will have have to make it a double , 20 whiskeys that will break me no cash left to go back with , such is life.

Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Sandra:

Ceri is Welsh! The Welsh Dragon sort of helps
In case I get told to pee off back - I am Irish

The thread requested viewpoints about regrets - I for one found your remark of 'pee off back' an offensive response to a person who had taken the time and effort to write their opinion. I have masses of regrets and masses of reasons to enjoy being here. If I express my viewpoint that I do not think Australia is the best place in the world, will I be wrong?

My main regret is I miss my family very badly, I miss my friends and I am lonely some of the time, I am trying hard to make new contacts and make the best of what we have. I am not a sad loser, I am employed and doing ok finacially but feel I am spending the money accumulated over the last 15 years in the UK on financing my life here. That is not necessarily a bad thing as why not enjoy the fruits of our hard work and live now rather than retirement time. I agree with an earlier post about education for our kids, it worries me too, I am going to have to work hard to understand if I am doing the right thing for them, I am reasearching the differences to help me understand if the educations systems are better or worse, I have been here too short a time at the moment and do not have enough information to make a call. I have lots of visitors planned for the coming months, but what about two/three years time when people have visited and would rather not spend the money to return, not all the people we care about are in the position to make more than one trip ever if at all. $8000 dollars for the return flights for our family is looking very expensive already whilst I am earning Aussie Pesos (and before you shout the locals I know call them that). And also it will take a few years to work up the holiday to be able to take the time to return, only 20 days leave a year ever no increases.

There is a plus side, we are having a life challenging experience, the kids are in awe of the different things they are doing. Husband has changed careers after 22 years in printing, he is feeling excited and different about the next 20 years work, because if this new job does not work out he now has the confidence to try something else again. I have parrots feeding off my bird table, possums keeping hubby awake at night frolicking on the roof.

My sum experience is six months so far - I am no expert on what is right and wrong for anybody else, but I am a master of my own experience.

Cheers
Pee off...just kidding, my husband is Irish/British (Belfast) and if Ceri had anything nice to add on to his statement it would have been a different comment or no comment at all. But he basically he said that his "ex" Aussie pat mates in Singas, gave him a bum steer about Australia and it sounds like if he hadn't have listened to them he would have gone somewhere better!!!
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Pee off...just kidding, my husband is Irish/British (Belfast) and if Ceri had anything nice to add on to his statement it would have been a different comment or no comment at all. But he basically he said that his "ex" Aussie pat mates in Singas, gave him a bum steer about Australia and it sounds like if he hadn't have listened to them he would have gone somewhere better!!!
Oops "expat" Aussie mates
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Sorry Sue my fault forgot you were an Aussie , I will have have to make it a double , 20 whiskeys that will break me no cash left to go back with , such is life.

I'll hail a cab for you
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:48 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

British + Irish + Belfast = me too!

You are as lucky as my husband then to marry the best

Cheers
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Sandra:
British + Irish + Belfast = me too!

You are as lucky as my husband then to marry the best

Cheers
LOL, had to take what I could get...he he..
Old Oct 18th 2002, 7:39 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

He is a she, you really do assume a lot don't you? Yes, I have not got where I am from, but I thought it was obvious to the educated! Also, for your information , I'm actually half Welsh, half Irish (irish parent) from Ballymena, but I was brought up in Wales... so unlike so many, I say I'm Welsh and not Welsh/Irish (or American Irish, Aussie Irish etc lol). Although my blood is split right down the middle 50/50.

As for my statement, I tell it as I see it, and if you can't take a bit of healthy criticism of Australia, you are too sensitive by far. No country is perfect! Also I came here with my Job, we've offices in Scotland, Singapore, China, and the States... so to go back to Britain, unless it's Scotland (which is a bit too cold for me) is not on.

I don't take kindly to being sworn at, and misinterpreted.
If you attack me, and make assumptions about me without any solid ground.. be prepared for me to respond, without the foul mouth by the way
Old Oct 18th 2002, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am still waiting for you to define which word was a swear word??????? And BTW my husband is full blood Irish, but due to haveing a British passport for NI, be is actually classed as british. I by no means think that OZ is perfect, but if you are going to criticise it so much, you could atleast have one nice thing to say. If you put a dragon near you name, you can not assume that everyone knows where you are from. If I put a the Australian emblem next to my name, do you think everyone would know that I am Australian... I don't think so.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 5:25 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I am still waiting for you to define which word was a swear word??????? And BTW my husband is full blood Irish, but due to haveing a British passport for NI, be is actually classed as british. I by no means think that OZ is perfect, but if you are going to criticise it so much, you could atleast have one nice thing to say. If you put a dragon near you name, you can not assume that everyone knows where you are from. If I put a the Australian emblem next to my name, do you think everyone would know that I am Australian... I don't think so.
I think "pee off" is classed as swearing in my book.
You just jumped in and told me to pee off back to England... hello??? How to get on the wrong side of me! I don't know which is more insulting being told to pee off or saying I'm from England!

Also if your Hubby is full blown N,Irish... parents born there, grandparents born there... he can get an Irish passport.

My family are from Ballymena (which is outside Belfast.. just in case you don't know Ireland, N.Ireland), my mum has an Irish passport... for one reason her mother was born before the split, my mum herself was born in N.Ireland after the split. I am also entitled to one if I apply, sending my grandmothers birth certificate in. Anyone born in the North before the split (1920 something) can claim an Irish passport, so can their children and grandchildren apply.

so tell your hubby if his parents or grandparents were born in the 20's he can apply for an Irish passport, even though he was born in the North, same as my grandmother... it was all Ireland then (My gran and granddad was born in Ballymena, my mum was born there too.. yet my grandparents was born in Ireland, and my mum Northern, same place but... dates)... it's funny how I can hold one if I wanted to, yet your husband hasn't got one. He can hold one/apply if he wants, if he his full blown. N.Irish, and has grandparents born in what is known as the North today, before 1920 something (not sure of the exact year.. it's in the 20's anyway, my gran is her 80 something, and was born before the split)

cheers
excuse my spelling... early morning, heading out fishing before light. I'm half asleep!

P.S... how many flags has a dragon on it?? (none except Wales!) and how many have a union Jack on it?

The Aussie flag can look like a NZ flag.. lol

next time you tell me to pee off to England, I may tell you to pee off back to NZ, which is still less insulting. (don't ever tell a welsh, Scottish, or Irish peron to go back to England!... roar!)

PPS... I'll have to check the dates on that ... all I Know my gran who's 80 something was actually born the year before the split, ... so it may be late 1919, 1918 ... anyway if your hubby has grandparents., they may have been born before the split. he can claim through them

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 18th 2002 at 5:47 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ceri:

I think "pee off" is classed as swearing in my book.
You just jumped in and told me to pee off back to England... hello??? How to get on the wrong side of me! I don't know which is more insulting being told to pee off or saying I'm from England!

Also if your Hubby is full blown N,Irish... parents born there, grandparents born there... he can get an Irish passport.

My family are from Ballymena (which is outside Belfast.. just in case you don't know Ireland, N.Ireland), my mum has an Irish passport... for one reason her mother was born before the split, my mum herself was born in N.Ireland after the split. I am also entitled to one if I apply, sending my grandmothers birth certificate in. Anyone born in the North before the split (1920 something) can claim an Irish passport, so can their children and grandchildren apply.

so tell your hubby if his parents or grandparents were born in the 20's he can apply for an Irish passport, even though he was born in the North, same as my grandmother... it was all Ireland then (My gran and granddad was born in Ballymena, my mum was born there too.. yet my grandparents was born in Ireland, and my mum Northern, same place but... dates)... it's funny how I can hold one if I wanted to, yet your husband hasn't got one. He can hold one/apply if he wants, if he his full blown. N.Irish, and has grandparents born in what is known as the North today, before 1920 something (not sure of the exact year.. it's in the 20's anyway, my gran is her 80 something, and was born before the split)

cheers
excuse my spelling... early morning, heading out fishing before light. I'm half asleep!

P.S... how many flags has a dragon on it?? (none except Wales!) and how many have a union Jack on it?

The Aussie flag can look like a NZ flag.. lol

next time you tell me to pee off to England, I may tell you to pee off back to NZ, which is still less insulting. (don't ever tell a welsh, Scottish, or Irish peron to go back to England!... roar!)

PPS... I'll have to check the dates on that ... all I Know my gran who's 80 something was actually born the year before the split, ... so it may be late 1919, 1918 ... anyway if your hubby has grandparents., they may have been born before the split. he can claim through them
pee off... I really didn't think that was that bad, now if I had of told you to piss off or some other four letter word, then I would understand (I thought u meant damn). But I thought I'd put it as nicely as possible.

I wasn't actually talking about the Aussie Flag, I was talking about the Australian Kangaroo Paw. I put one of them near my name, would you know what it represented if you hadn't been to OZ?.

My husband actually doesn't want an Irish passport, be is happy with his British as it is easier to get around the world with. And when we are not living in USA or Asia our home is Perth and he refuses to get an Aussie passport too. Oh well he can stay British.

So getting back to your original post, is Australia all that bad for you???? You sounded like you were pretty (dare I say it) "peed" off with the place and couldn't wait to get out? Thought it my be a nice change after Singapore (except the "expat package" which is always nice.