Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any regrets about moving to adelaide?

any regrets about moving to adelaide?

Old May 8th 2006, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

kista will become famous soon enoughkista will become famous soon enough
Default any regrets about moving to adelaide?

once again i seem to be the only one in the family who isn't having doubts

so what mum wants to know is, does anyone have any regrets about going to adelaide??

deep down she wants to be in perth, which doesn't really help. but we are also in the financial position that it would be hard for us to come back to the uk if we had to.

so does anyone want to share?

kim
Old May 8th 2006, 10:07 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any regrets about moving to adelaide?

Originally Posted by kista

so what mum wants to know is, does anyone have any regrets about going to adelaide??

deep down she wants to be in perth, which doesn't really help. but we are also in the financial position that it would be hard for us to come back to the uk if we had to.

kim
I'd also be interested in the replies on this one.

xRachx
Old May 8th 2006, 10:40 am
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: any regrets about moving to adelaide?

Originally Posted by kista

kim
Have a look at the thread on the next page: I'm in ADL......and it rocks!! by Lucy. I don't know how to link threads like WendyC!! I too am heading that way in Oct/Nov (hopefully)!
Old May 8th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crystal113
Have a look at the thread on the next page: I'm in ADL......and it rocks!! by Lucy. I don't know how to link threads like WendyC!! I too am heading that way in Oct/Nov (hopefully)!

thanx, i've just had a look.

kim
Old May 8th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal113
Like this?
Old May 8th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Personally, in answer to your qn K.; no.

However our situation/reasons/worries inevitably differ from yours, or anybody else's. Thus, your qn and any answer I give will, I fear, not ease the worries.

Will the responses, negative or positive, which appear have a foundation in perceptions, aspirations or expectations and how did this affect the individual's experience? Are the gripes or pluses South Australian or Pan-Australian? I suspect more will be of the latter - both good and bad.

As I said, personally I have no regrets, I live on a converted swamp, have a good network of friends, wine-crawls and good weather - with plenty to do in it. But whether this is enough for all, I will not, nor cannot say.

Is the Perth desire based 'deep-down' on fact, facility or BE/AB reports? Is the decision for Addy forced by visa class or personal - if either, then why worry that you will not be able financially to move back to the UK? You can move when you get here, tho' be aware it may be Oz not Addy (or Perth) you are troubled by. Or is it an excuse not to go at all?

We all had/have/will have doubts - and the length of app. process often accentuates these doubts. How you see past these problems is individual - more affirmation or defamation may not be what is necessary.

Besides, if we all let on about how good Adelaide is, then they will all want to come. Now as you've been told before - away from this Dark Side. G&C
Old May 8th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Hi Crystal113

We two are from the same area as you, hopefully going to the same place.

Do you think someone is trying to tell us something about Northants?

If we get a yes we hope to do a rekki about Sep / Oct. After reading quite a lot of the threads on here looks like there wont be many Australian's around Adelaide when we arrive, just lots of BE's on Rekki's

LindyLooPot
Old May 8th 2006, 6:52 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi Crystal113

If we get a yes we hope to do a rekki about Sep / Oct. After reading quite a lot of the threads on here looks like there wont be many Australian's around Adelaide when we arrive, just lots of BE's on Rekki's

LindyLooPot
We are heading to Adelaide, if the bloody house sells, We visited there last october and fell in love with the place, people and way of life.
Paul
Old May 8th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Cant wait want to be there now, this is no good for my nerves better go and have a or

Signing off
Old May 8th 2006, 7:36 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi Crystal113

LindyLooPot
There was someone else on here the other day from Northants as well!!! I went to Brisbane on '94 on holiday - hubby never been to Oz b4 and it's him that want's to go. Everyday I get more and more nervous!!
Old May 9th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

thanx guys- helpful comments!!
Old May 9th 2006, 5:08 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

We are heading to Adelaide to!! Going on a trip in Sept this year for a month to try and secure a few things, like jobs, houses etc etc then the BIG move will be Feb time next year, fingers crossed!!

My OH travelled all around Australia when he went albeit a few years back and he said he love Adelaide the best, combines with friends and family already there and loving it, I cant wait to get there!!
Old May 9th 2006, 6:20 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=toon williams]
My OH travelled all around Australia when he went albeit a few years back QUOTE]

They have trams and more modern forms of transport over there now, not only horses anymore
Oh! the gold rush is now over LOL
Just kiddin' with ya!!
All the best with your application.
Rachel & Paul