Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any reccomendations were to have meds/xrays done merseyside/wirral

Any reccomendations were to have meds/xrays done merseyside/wirral

Old Aug 13th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

leewilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any reccomendations were to have meds/xrays done merseyside/wirral

Hi just wandering if anyone can suggest where to go for xrays/meds on merseyside we are on the wirral?
Thanks Lee
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any reccomendations were to have meds/xrays done merseyside/wirral

Originally Posted by leewilson
Hi just wandering if anyone can suggest where to go for xrays/meds on merseyside we are on the wirral?
Thanks Lee

There should be a list of panel doctors online you can look at.

Try here for a start.
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors/u.htm

Download the pdf list.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter who you go to, as they all do the same thing - But do ring around them all to find out how much they all charge as there are quite big variations.

I spent my childhood on the Wirral... Heswall/Pensby lass myself.

Good luck
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Lee
i had mine done for my nz visa at the bupa hospital in wrexham, which isnt to far for you really
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Thanks Lee

Hi, I used to live on the Wirral but had to go up somewhere on Deeside for mine, but I cannot remember where I had to go. Does Bupa on the Wirral not do it?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hi, I used to live on the Wirral but had to go up somewhere on Deeside for mine, but I cannot remember where I had to go. Does Bupa on the Wirral not do it?
another wirral girl here! grew up in meols. think my parents used doctors in liverpool, there and manchester seemed to have the shortest waiting times. anyway someone has already added the link for the list of panel docs so guess that is more help than i can be! i was living in wales when we left last year so i cant even personally recommend a doctors... guess i should stop now on grounds of being completely useless....
Old Aug 14th 2006, 2:52 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoe13
another wirral girl here! grew up in meols. think my parents used doctors in liverpool, there and manchester seemed to have the shortest waiting times. anyway someone has already added the link for the list of panel docs so guess that is more help than i can be! i was living in wales when we left last year so i cant even personally recommend a doctors... guess i should stop now on grounds of being completely useless....
dr.million in mannchester, never heard a bad word abut him, old school doc very good wi kds, and best of all he uses common sense if you know what i mean.

well worth the extra 10 mins on motorway, or train, as he is in manchester city centre off deansgate which is 1 mile past old trafford footy ground, a56 straight from m56 straight to the docs place,parking outside pay/display, train station 1 mile from him too,10 mins walk from piccadilly straight through city centre

ringem for prices, and yes he uses his own courier and will front load them for you if you require, and no , mine didnt get lost and we frontloaded.
just answering questions in advance, sorry if it seemed offhand !

lol

ak

Last edited by alkristensen; Aug 14th 2006 at 2:55 am.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:11 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi

yes we used dr millions in manchester

he is a little more expensive but he is really good, makes you feel at ease

good luck

jan xx
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Sue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really niceSue Findlay is just really nice

We had our x-rays done in Rodney Street, Liverpool and our medicals in the south end of Liverpool, heading towards Aigburth, I can't quite remember where? Well it was almost two years ago and I have had several drinks since then!

Sue
Old Aug 14th 2006, 1:28 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Wow all you guys from the Wirral, isn't it a small world!

Now to answer the question, we went to Wrexham, he is a great doctor if you can get through on the phone (it always seems to ring off).....
Dr Baker is as I remember the most lax doc I have ever met, forget having to strip, he asked me if my legs where fine? That was about it, I have heard about getting stripped off, having been poked and prodded and none of that was done with him, nice guy and it would seem he ticked the right box.
Jenny
Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies but what about costs are they standard or do they differ by a great deal i may shop around a little i am waiting for tra this week and it is quite nerve recking!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2006, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by jensteve
Wow all you guys from the Wirral, isn't it a small world!

Now to answer the question, we went to Wrexham, he is a great doctor if you can get through on the phone (it always seems to ring off).....
Dr Baker is as I remember the most lax doc I have ever met, forget having to strip, he asked me if my legs where fine? That was about it, I have heard about getting stripped off, having been poked and prodded and none of that was done with him, nice guy and it would seem he ticked the right box.
Jenny

Thats who I had!!!I thought it was someone in Deeside, but no it was definitely Wrexham.....Barely looked at me.. I was worried about going but he basically just wanted his money and signed the form quickest way to loose pounds I have ever found.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:39 am
Just Joined

gratys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Thats who I had!!!I thought it was someone in Deeside, but no it was definitely Wrexham.....Barely looked at me.. I was worried about going but he basically just wanted his money and signed the form quickest way to loose pounds I have ever found.
Hi lee
We went to bupa in wrexham as everyone said it was just in & out really easy think it cost bout £400 for the 3 of us !
were you heading toin oz were in Carramar Perth
Graham & Clare
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gratys
Hi lee
We went to bupa in wrexham as everyone said it was just in & out really easy think it cost bout £400 for the 3 of us !
were you heading toin oz were in Carramar Perth
Graham & Clare
we are going to adelaide due to property costs in perth but SA looks superb too!!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

We also used the Bupa hospital in Wrexham. The good thing was that they also did the Xrays there at the same time so we did not have to go anywhere else.