Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Radio Amateurs?

Any Radio Amateurs?

Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:28 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Question Any Radio Amateurs?

Just a quick question, I am in the process of re-instating my Class B License, having left it untouched for over 8 years. Has anyone or does anyone know of anyone that has transfered their Class A or B license to Oz.

I was a G7 - Class B and I am going to Sydney.

Reinstating my license is no problem here, I just fill out the form and I am legal (again).

I currently have only a few items of my orriginal station left, namely the Log/Call book and some cables. (impressive eh?)

I have had a look on the Ozzie ACA website ACA Web Site if anyones interested

and cannot seem to make head nor tail of it, maybe I'm having a blonde moment...

thanks in advance

Andy
Formerely G7UXN
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:30 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Anyone????
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry mate only us 11 metre pirates .
My folks are radio hams but only due to the necessity of needing a HF transmitter on their boat.
There are a few clubs here though, the local one has a solar powered repeater close to our house that's the only reason I know.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Quick question....why do people still use HAM radio when you can do everything over the internet and it goes a lot further too....

(not slamming HAM, just interested)
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:22 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
Quick question....why do people still use HAM radio when you can do everything over the internet and it goes a lot further too....

I recall that Sonny Hammonds Dad had a radio
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jwatsonoz

I used to use HAM when I was sailing - the internet is great when in a marina, but not very easy to connect when in the middle of the ocean Although I belive it is now possible, but would need a very expensive mobile phone to get a signal..... HAM is much cheaper...

Jana