Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any problems getting extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines

any problems getting extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future
Default any problems getting extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines

Hi
Has anyone managed to get extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines as my niece and daughter are going with PR visa and have been told no extra baggage allowed above the normal 20kg. Anyone had problems or otherwise??
We found no probs with Singapore and heard other airlines fine as long as they have evidence or PR visa (unvalidated)
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: any problems getting extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines

We were told the same, that they will not give you any extra allowance. We have also contacted Cathay pacific and they said you had to pay for extra baggage allowance.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:54 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: any problems getting extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines

Originally Posted by S J Jackson
Hi
Has anyone managed to get extra baggage allowance with Malaysian Airlines as my niece and daughter are going with PR visa and have been told no extra baggage allowed above the normal 20kg. Anyone had problems or otherwise??
We found no probs with Singapore and heard other airlines fine as long as they have evidence or PR visa (unvalidated)

thats right...I booked my one ways with ebookers then rang the airline for extra baggae and was told no way...what Im going to do is send the excess via unaccompanied baggage from heathrow...much much cheaper than paying extra on the flight you are on as it were...