Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Printers Out There In Queensland?

Any Printers Out There In Queensland?

Old May 29th 2006, 9:02 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of
Default Any Printers Out There In Queensland?

Hi everyone

Just wondering what the state of play was in the printing industry in Queensland. Fingers crossed me and the missus should be heading out to Oz soon on a SIR.

Any printers out there who could recommend the best way to obtain work ie local newspapers/internet in lithographic or gravure printing, or is it just more normal to knock on peoples doors Down Under?

I've done alot of research on this subject on the net but feel more info from Expats/Aussies could help me out a little.

Cheers guys
Mark.
Old May 29th 2006, 9:08 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Printers Out There In Queensland?

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Hi everyone

Just wondering what the state of play was in the printing industry in Queensland. Fingers crossed me and the missus should be heading out to Oz soon on a SIR.

Any printers out there who could recommend the best way to obtain work ie local newspapers/internet in lithographic or gravure printing, or is it just more normal to knock on peoples doors Down Under?

I've done alot of research on this subject on the net but feel more info from Expats/Aussies could help me out a little.

Cheers guys
Mark.
Try sending a PM to Graceyg - her hubby is a printer here in Toowoomba and may be able to help. I know they're looking to go back to the UK soon so his job may be up for grabs
Old May 29th 2006, 9:11 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Try sending a PM to Graceyg - her hubby is a printer here in Toowoomba and may be able to help. I know they're looking to go back to the UK soon so his job may be up for grabs
Nice one, thanks for that Nicstids. I'll PM him ASAP.
Old May 29th 2006, 10:13 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Im a Litho Printer mate. I havnt found it that easy to find jobs on the net. I think it will be a case of running off alot of CVs and sending them to everyone once Im there. Iv got a mate that I worked with 8 years ago who is a Print Finisher. He's told me that his boss wants to see me once I get there, even though that may be some time away

What machine do you use at the moment ??
Old May 29th 2006, 10:54 am
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
Im a Litho Printer mate. I havnt found it that easy to find jobs on the net. I think it will be a case of running off alot of CVs and sending them to everyone once Im there. Iv got a mate that I worked with 8 years ago who is a Print Finisher. He's told me that his boss wants to see me once I get there, even though that may be some time away

What machine do you use at the moment ??
Hi Marcopolo

I run a 10 colour valmet rotogravure press at the moment, although i used to run a 4 colour Morgan 90 Series Litho continuous press for 14 years. Sounds good to have a mate over there already in the trade. You can't beat having an edge to hopefully secure a job. Good luck!

Mark.