Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Preston North End Fans?

Any Preston North End Fans?

Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice
Default Any Preston North End Fans?

Sorry about this, but hubby wants to know if there are any Preston North End fans out there, particularly in the Sydney area. If there's some interest he's keen to start some sort of North End banter thread going, and maybe even arrange some meet ups. The form they are in at the moment though it's more likely to be a cry over a pint!
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Preston North End Fans?

My hubby is a huge Preston North End Supporter (sad i know) sorry not in Sidney, we are hopefuly going to Adelaide - when ever the visa arrives.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

I will be a fan of them if there under the rrrrrrrssssssssssss at the end of the season and have you heard they have just sacked Simpson.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman2
I will be a fan of them if there under the rrrrrrrssssssssssss at the end of the season and have you heard they have just sacked Simpson.
OJ?

Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

I did hear that Simpson had gone, thought he was ok when he first arrived, but i guess recent results speak for themselves the new era starts this weekend though (even if we have no permanent manager as yet), so hopefully there will be some good results and banter and i can get my son to wear his north end top without too much mockery!!!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I used to be for a little while...way back in the 60's when Howard Kendal played for them I lived there for about 4 years
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:41 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hey!!!! Preston Fans in Australia. There will be one more in a couple of weeks went to my last match the other week!!!! That is going to be the one thing I will miss when I'm out in Oz!!!!!
I would love to see them go to Oz for pre-season friendly's!!!!
Will have to sort out a Australian PNE supporters club, Even if its only a meeting once a year be good for us all to keep in touch!!!
Gary
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hey!!!! Preston Fans in Australia. There will be one more in a couple of weeks went to my last match the other week!!!! That is going to be the one thing I will miss when I'm out in Oz!!!!!
I would love to see them go to Oz for pre-season friendly's!!!!
Will have to sort out a Australian PNE supporters club, Even if its only a meeting once a year be good for us all to keep in touch!!!
Gary
Gary, I still call it 'Preston Both Ends'
Do you know the Moore Park pub...if it is still standing?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:32 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Hi Vin n' Bin, yes moore park pub is still standing,
Preston is changing slowly!!!!
I will miss the football!!!! But hey will have to start supporting Melbourne FC.
Or start a new team in Tasmania, Launceston North End!!!! LOL HEHE.
Hope to see lots of Preston Fans in Australia!!!!
Gary
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Trevor used to run Whites Down-under from Brisbane........... we used to listen to the games live on the net. Not too sure if Whites Downunder are still going cos since i changed computers i lost the link.

We had members down in Tasmania, Qld, Sydney, Melbourne, none from Adelaide, but plenty in Perth.

Foxtel will be showing the PNE Versus Charlton home game live next weekend; it's a later than norm kick-off........... not 3:00pm but 5:20pm Preston time.

Franny Burns the former North End captain lives here in Perth north of the river; as does Ernie Hannigan.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Vin n' Bin, yes moore park pub is still standing,
Preston is changing slowly!!!!
I will miss the football!!!! But hey will have to start supporting Melbourne FC.
Or start a new team in Tasmania, Launceston North End!!!! LOL HEHE.
Hope to see lots of Preston Fans in Australia!!!!
Gary
Many thanks Gary ...I had so many friends in the Moore Park...wonder if they still go in there?
Call it 'Launceston Both Ends' . I'm sure you'll meet lots of Preston fans.
Psst...I had a blind date with Howard Kendal....he never showed up
Doesn't know what he missed out on
I really do miss the Moore Park though...and my friends from there
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

spiritof38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any Preston North End Fans?

Plenty of northenders down-under - we are in NZ (Wellington). No need to be downcast - take heart - new manager & two wins out of three - including beating the clarets 3:2 away last weekend - and even better at the same the home defeat of the donkey lashers. What we need is for the one-and-only to stay up and then come out on tour to play sydney and the phoenix - like one of our our ex-players recently did with the galaxy.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:55 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

Originally Posted by spiritof38
Plenty of northenders down-under - we are in NZ (Wellington). No need to be downcast - take heart - new manager & two wins out of three - including beating the clarets 3:2 away last weekend - and even better at the same the home defeat of the donkey lashers. What we need is for the one-and-only to stay up and then come out on tour to play sydney and the phoenix - like one of our our ex-players recently did with the galaxy.
That is one thing which would be Amazing, I think they should play a pre season freindly with Melbourne Victory in Launceston. The only real problem we have got a director who does not like flying.
I think the fact of us playing a friendly this way would happen more if we had someone from this region actually playing for us.
But we can all hope!!!
Good luck north end over Christmas!!!!
Regards
Gary
PS We all remember result agains Southampton at home!!!! I nearly won 66 pound but for Agyamang Scoring in 95 minute!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

That is one thing which would be Amazing, I think they should play a pre season freindly with Melbourne Victory in Launceston. The only real problem we have got a director who does not like flying.
I think the fact of us playing a friendly this way would happen more if we had someone from this region actually playing for us.
But we can all hope!!!
Good luck north end over Christmas!!!!
Regards
Gary
PS We all remember result agains Southampton at home!!!! I nearly won 66 pound but for Agyamang Scoring in 95 minute!!!!
hi we are in Perth arrived about 8 weeks ago, and hubbie and son are huge North end Fans
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spiritof38
I think we taught him how to bend those free kicks at Deepdale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.