Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any positive stories from moves to OZ?? I need cheering up...

any positive stories from moves to OZ?? I need cheering up...

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of
Default any positive stories from moves to OZ?? I need cheering up...

Hi all,
Although I dont expect everything over in Oz to be all rosy without any of the problems we all face every day in this country,I know I'm going to miss people terribly, I know we've got to find new friends,jobs, schools, etc, its just getting to me down reading the posts where people have regretted what they have done or its just not worked out.
Dont get me wrong, its good to read other peoples experiences and opinions, but it does sometimes make me think what the hell am I doing :scared: I am determined not to take on board too much of the negative stuff I read as I do want a clear head to make my own opinions in Oz, and I think some tales from people who have got through the homesickness, found themselves jobs and are generally finding what they went to Oz for in the first place might help me stay focused!! Anyone???

Donna x
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:30 pm
wombat42

Default Re: any positive stories from moves to OZ?? I need cheering up...

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi all,
Although I dont expect everything over in Oz to be all rosy without any of the problems we all face every day in this country,I know I'm going to miss people terribly, I know we've got to find new friends,jobs, schools, etc, its just getting to me down reading the posts where people have regretted what they have done or its just not worked out.
Dont get me wrong, its good to read other peoples experiences and opinions, but it does sometimes make me think what the hell am I doing :scared: I am determined not to take on board too much of the negative stuff I read as I do want a clear head to make my own opinions in Oz, and I think some tales from people who have got through the homesickness, found themselves jobs and are generally finding what they went to Oz for in the first place might help me stay focused!! Anyone???

Donna x
Have you been looking at the " returning to the UK Forum" reading those peoples posts is enough to turn anyone into a state of manic depression.

Last edited by wombat42; Aug 15th 2005 at 9:37 pm.

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wombat42
Have you been looking at the " returning to the UK Forum" reading those peoples posts is enough to turn anyone into a state of manic depression.

I came across it accidently, but won't be bloody doing it again!!

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:40 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I am steering well clear of it! :scared:
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:45 pm
BLC

Don't knock the Returning Forum until you try it

Seriously, it has its place and has been very useful to many who are facing a return

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:46 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a positive person then Australia will be great for you, you'll take the bumps on long the way and be better for it. If your negative you will find all its faults and dwell on them.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:48 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLC
Don't knock the Returning Forum until you try it

Seriously, it has its place and has been very useful to many who are facing a return
I know, it may be useful to me in the future, and I haven't even gone yet
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:48 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
If you are a positive person then Australia will be great for you, you'll take the bumps on long the way and be better for it. If your negative you will find all its faults and dwell on them.
I'd karma that but I have given too much good karma away.

B

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:49 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I know, it may be useful to me in the future, and I haven't even gone yet
Here's to many years happy living is Oz for you and yours

Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by BLC
I'd karma that but I have given too much good karma away.

B
I'll do it for you BLC
Old Aug 15th 2005, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by BLC
Here's to many years happy living is Oz for you and yours
Thankyou....I know I will love it to bits really, only joking
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:04 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi all,

Donna x

Here is a poem for homesickness.

Rose tinted specs are the glasses to have,
If you believe that things cant go wrong
The days can get lonely the nights even worse
The distance from England is long

Its all what you make it with the life that you build
Your attitude keeps you afloat
Take off 'those specs' and see what you get
And grab that new chance by the throat.

Homesickness comes and hits you quite hard
You wish you could catch the next plane
The people you thought you had left for good
You miss them with unusual pain

Nothing's forever and pain doesnt last
You'll wake up one morning and see
You dont need those specs or a flight ticket home
You've found out where you want to be.

So please dont get down about things that you've left
Your mum, dad, your sister and cat,
Because if you do whinge, You'll find that you'll get
A big fat hard thump from Wombat!

Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:12 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Here is a poem for homesickness.

That's fab, PP! Think we should make you the BE Poet Laureate for that, with remuneration of 1 case of Aussie chardonnay a year .

[makes you pity those poor b*ggers on the 'Going back to the UK forum', who have to make do with Robert Browning ('Oh to be in England') instead ]

Anya.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 10:16 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by anya4oz
That's fab, PP! Think we should make you the BE Poet Laureate for that, with remuneration of 1 case of Aussie chardonnay a year .

[makes you pity those poor b*ggers on the 'Going back to the UK forum', who have to make do with Robert Browning ('Oh to be in England') instead ]

Anya.

Well it nearly was a naughty one, but being sensible took over.

Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:05 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Well it nearly was a naughty one, but being sensible took over.
Why? Are you feeling ill or something?

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.