ANY POMS IN GREENBANK AREA/CARINDALE AREA

ANY POMS IN GREENBANK AREA/CARINDALE AREA

Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

UKDOLL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANY POMS IN GREENBANK AREA/CARINDALE AREA

Originally Posted by southstander
Hi Pam and everyone
Scuse the late reply - only just got re-connected to t'internet!
Am I the only one in Greenbank?!
We've been here 10 months now. I'm from Leeds but was living in Brighouse before we came over. Would love to meet more people in Greenbank.
Sue
Hi Sue
Sorry for the delay in replying!!! Are you located in Greenbank?
Pam
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:54 am
Just Joined

sarahmcmillan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKDOLL
Hi Lucy & Al
Sorry for the delay in replying to your text but I have not been on the site for a few weeks due to work etc. How funny as I worked in Preston for quite some time and I am originally from Bolton, just down the road from Preston. Yes, married to a great aussie guy and have 2 children 4 & 8. Do you have children? When are you moving?. We are down the Gold Coast alot so maybe we could catch up some time. Let us know.
Cheers Pam
Hi,
We are currently living in Petrie in the northern suburbs of Brisbane but have bought some land in Greenbank so will be heading that way this year. We have been here since Sep 07 settling well. We were from Lancaster near to your neck of the woods. We have two children girl 12 and a boy of 2 and a half. Hopefully we will meet some kids around that age especially for Danielle. Have you met many Brits in Greenbank?

Sarah & Jeff
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Hi Pam and Sarah
I am living in Greenbank - I don't think there are too many of us here - my kids go to Greenbank State School and I haven't met any other (recent ) ex pats there and it is a big school! There's always people to meet though who have been here 30 - odd years! However there are some English on our culdesac who we are very friendly with, and I know of an English family elsewhere on the estate. We have English friends in Jimboomba too.
We should have a meet up once the kids go back to school. Where's your plot of land Sarah?
Sue
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarahmcmillan
Hi,
We are currently living in Petrie in the northern suburbs of Brisbane but have bought some land in Greenbank so will be heading that way this year. We have been here since Sep 07 settling well. We were from Lancaster near to your neck of the woods. We have two children girl 12 and a boy of 2 and a half. Hopefully we will meet some kids around that age especially for Danielle. Have you met many Brits in Greenbank?

Sarah & Jeff
Hi Sarah
Lovely to hear from you and of your move to Greenbank. We have two children a girl and a boy aged 8 and just 5 years. Have you children also? We really like this area its very quiet and a nice lifestyle, especially for children. My personal e-mail is : [email protected]. If you would like to chat thats good as its always nice to hear from fellow "poms"and maybe we could arrange a meeting thats great!
Cheers Pam
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pam and Sarah
I am living in Greenbank - I don't think there are too many of us here - my kids go to Greenbank State School and I haven't met any other (recent ) ex pats there and it is a big school! There's always people to meet though who have been here 30 - odd years! However there are some English on our culdesac who we are very friendly with, and I know of an English family elsewhere on the estate. We have English friends in Jimboomba too.
We should have a meet up once the kids go back to school. Where's your plot of land Sarah?
Sue
Hi Sue
We are also located in Greenbank area? We are due to start at the school in 2 weeks time. The children are quite excited. Which part of Greenbank are you located ie: over the bridge etc. Where in the UK did you originate from?
my e-mail is: [email protected]
Cheers Pam
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Hi Pam and Sarah
Sue
Hi Sue
We have bought on Boon Court on the new release. We know a couple who live on Daniella court my husband works with one of them thats how we found out about Greenbank. We have just been approved with the mortgage so its all go. It seems a lovely area.
I have got a girl of 12 who starts high school in a couple of weeks and a two and half year old boy who is at nursery. We will come down in a couple of weeks and hopefully meet up.
Sarah
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Hi Sarah - is Boon court at Sky Ridge? We live on the old Spring Mountain estate - the top part that is separated from the newer, lower part.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Sarah - is Boon court at Sky Ridge? We live on the old Spring Mountain estate - the top part that is separated from the newer, lower part.
No its on Treviot Downs estate not aware of any of the other areas yet feels like its out in the sticks! My daughter will be going to Greenbank school but he high school will have to look into it more soon.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to meet up with you all, depending on what day it is as i work but have every second monday and friday off.
I live in Jimboomba so not far.
Anyone interested meeting up on Friday 8th Feb?
This gives up time to get our schoolies settled back into school.
Let me know and we can arrange the where part.
Karen
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:52 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jaycat
I would like to meet up with you all, depending on what day it is as i work but have every second monday and friday off.
Karen
Hya Karen, yes I would be up for that...how about Carindale Shopping Centre? In a coffee shop? They also have a small but very good (personal recomendation) creche/play area for little ones on the 1st floor...not too far from Glorias Coffee.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
Have sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by Shortlets
Hya Karen, yes I would be up for that...how about Carindale Shopping Centre? In a coffee shop? They also have a small but very good (personal recomendation) creche/play area for little ones on the 1st floor...not too far from Glorias Coffee.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jaycat
Karen
Hi Karen

Are you still meeting up on the Friday at Carindale? I am hoping to come along also. I live at Greenbank but know Carindale reallly well (as we used to live there).
Regards pam
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
Well i thought that we might meet up at Brown's Plains rather than going all the way over to Carrindale. I know it gets really busy at Carrindale and parking is a night-mare.
Have spoken with Shortletts and she is ok with coming to Browns plains.
Yes if you are ok with the date we will meet up on the 8th Feb, at should we make it about 11am.
Karen
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:32 am
Just Joined

chrisnkerry is an unknown quantity at this point

hi pam

my name is kerry and my husband is called chris. we moved to ozzy last march and were recently from machester. C'mon city! we are now living in ormiston with two children aged 12 and 7.

kerry and chris.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:51 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisnkerry
hi pam

my name is kerry and my husband is called chris. we moved to ozzy last march and were recently from machester. C'mon city! we are now living in ormiston with two children aged 12 and 7.

kerry and chris.
Hi there we are Sarah & Lee and 4 children 13, 12, 7 & 6. We live not very far from you. Our children go to Wellington Point Schools, we are originally from Kent but spent the last 5 years in Cornwall prior to moving out here last June...best thing we ever did! It would be good to catch up with you sometime. Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.