British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Any point bringing our de-humidifier to Perth ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/any-point-bringing-our-de-humidifier-perth-492534/)

elmtree Nov 8th 2007 10:19 am

Any point bringing our de-humidifier to Perth ?

We use it here to get rid of condensation from the windows when it's cold outside and warm inside, but will it be necessary in Perth in winter ?

debbiemc Nov 8th 2007 11:26 am

Re: Any point bringing our de-humidifier to Perth ?

Originally Posted by elmtree (Post 5527417)
We use it here to get rid of condensation from the windows when it's cold outside and warm inside, but will it be necessary in Perth in winter ?

well if you dont, send it here to me in qld!! :)

elmtree Nov 8th 2007 11:57 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc (Post 5527638)
well if you dont, send it here to me in qld!! :)

Okay, will do.

Postage will be £325 !

hoofie2002 Nov 9th 2007 12:14 am

The only possible use would be in a garage perhaps where you want to keep it really dry [I have some machine tools in my garage so I have a couple of the little pots of dehumidifier granules in there to keep rust away].

You won't need one in the house here I would imagine - I've never seen condensation on the inside here in winter as it doesn't really get cold enough outside and people tend only to heat up one or two rooms.

elmtree Nov 9th 2007 12:36 am

Originally Posted by hoofie2002 (Post 5531298)
The only possible use would be in a garage perhaps where you want to keep it really dry [I have some machine tools in my garage so I have a couple of the little pots of dehumidifier granules in there to keep rust away].

You won't need one in the house here I would imagine - I've never seen condensation on the inside here in winter as it doesn't really get cold enough outside and people tend only to heat up one or two rooms.

Thanks for that. Just the answer I was hoping for !

I shall leave it here, where it's needed most.

bridie Nov 9th 2007 5:00 am

might be worth bringing, we definitely do get condensation on the colder nights in winter.... but not sure if it's worth bringing all that way just for a few weeks use...

hoofie2002 Nov 9th 2007 6:36 am

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 5531982)
might be worth bringing, we definitely do get condensation on the colder nights in winter.... but not sure if it's worth bringing all that way just for a few weeks use...

Can't say I ever seen it on the inside in Winter - certainly nothing like the rivers of water I used to get in the UK.

NedKelly Nov 9th 2007 8:21 am

Only if it catches flies as well.