Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Plasterers that can help me - urgently?

Any Plasterers that can help me - urgently?

Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Any Plasterers that can help me - urgently?

Maggie who posts on here, well her husband is a painter and has been painting my house all week.

Well the poor man has discovered a right old pandora's box - and in a nutshell, it appears that my house needs re-plastering as the plaster has come away from the bricks and when Mark put paint on the walls, it bubbled and the old stuff came away, leaving chalky plaster with shit loads of cracks in.

So after saving the money to get the house looking nice and Mr PP being quite excited about it, we have only managed to patch up the living room, our bedroom, the kitchen and laundry room.

The hall has half the paint on it, half peeled off and is all chalky and nasty with hollow sounding walls where the plaster has come off.

When the building inspecter recommended by the estate agents did the inspection just over a year ago, he said the 'walls were sound' - well this has not just happened over night.

The duplex was built in the mid 1970's and I realise we are going to have to fix it up.

Its just shit that the one thing Mr PP has wanted is now going to take ages and cost alot, it was all meant to be done this Friday and Mark did a brilliant job in patching up what he could - I felt so sorry for him discovering this and its the last thing we needed as well as Mr PP does not need the stress.

Anyway, are there any plasterers on the site that can give me their opinion one what to do next?

We are not planning on selling it, we would like to fix it up if we can as we do like living here and I think the house has potential.

Any help would be great, I live SOR and there would be cake and a few beers in it for a bit of advice.

I would also just like to thank Maggie and her husband Mark for all their help and I can highly recommend Mark as a painter because the work he managed to do was excellent.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Nov 20th 2009 at 8:33 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Plasterers that can help me - urgently?

Knock it all off and dab plasterboard n skim it!