Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any People from NE England off to Perth?

Any People from NE England off to Perth?

Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:23 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Any People from NE England off to Perth?

Just curious if there are any people from NE england area going to Perth/Western Australia?

Also which suburb are you off to, and what job will you be doing when you get there?

(Thanks to annqld, who got me thinking on this one )

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Nov 26th 2005 at 10:25 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any People from NE England off to Perth?

Hi There

We are from Rotherham but not too far from NE. Did a recce in Perth last year and really liked it. Was thinking of renting then buying on the brighton estate to the north of Perth. Recently though been wondering if east coast may be better due to the fact that after two hours drive in Perth there is virtually nothing else there although what is there is really good. Planning to move to Oz in summer 06. Just sent off meds and pcc checks- requested after 6 months of waiting. May go to east coast first and see what job situation is like for a power plant engineer / general electrician and if its not what we want we would then move to perth. Hard decision!

Darren
Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:01 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren S
Hi There

We are from Rotherham but not too far from NE. Did a recce in Perth last year and really liked it. Was thinking of renting then buying on the brighton estate to the north of Perth. Recently though been wondering if east coast may be better due to the fact that after two hours drive in Perth there is virtually nothing else there although what is there is really good. Planning to move to Oz in summer 06. Just sent off meds and pcc checks- requested after 6 months of waiting. May go to east coast first and see what job situation is like for a power plant engineer / general electrician and if its not what we want we would then move to perth. Hard decision!

Darren
Great

I know Perth is isolated from the rest of Oz, but I think that makes it all the better. As you say, what there is of Perth is really good, and I agree. I don't know why but I think it makes it much better when you go on holidays, to think that you've actually travelled somewhere.
Also another reason I love Perth, is that the west is the only area that the sun sets over the sea

Where is the Brighton Estate situated? Have you got a link you could PM me?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:13 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Will some one from SE England do.....no.....oh well (creeps off again)
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Pretty sure that Lynn Brooks is from your neck of the woods.............
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Keely is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Just curious if there are any people from NE england area going to Perth/Western Australia?
We're in Sunderland and looking to move to Australia in a couple of years time. Perth seems to sound favourable to the other major cities.

How did you find the whole emigrating experience?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Keely
We're in Sunderland and looking to move to Australia in a couple of years time. Perth seems to sound favourable to the other major cities.

How did you find the whole emigrating experience?
Well I don't know what the whole process is like, as I have just sent the visa off really, I think it's all gonna get quite stressful from now on
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Keely is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you've got that far! I hope it goes well and maybe you can give me some hints/tips along the way lol
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Well I don't know what the whole process is like, as I have just sent the visa off really, I think it's all gonna get quite stressful from now on
Bloody stressful alright,
Hows it going Tiawamutu dont you think you should pick a shorter name?
is the meet still on?
Had a message from the agent and we should hear soon the meds have been finalised just waiting for some internal checks (that sounds painful)
take care task
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tiawamutu]Just curious if there are any people from NE england area going to Perth/Western Australia?

Also which suburb are you off to, and what job will you be doing when you get there?

Hiya

we're hoping to go to Perth about September 06, have just put in the first lot of paperwork via the vetassess route and will then put in the visa application.
My husband is a construction manager and we have 3 kids and a dog. Don't know which suburb to settle in yet, but will be staying with family for the first few months. If anyone in the NE England is meeting up in the near future let us know as we would be interested.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

(Thanks to annqld, who got me thinking on this one )

We are in Whitley Bay and planning to move to australia in approx 2008 (after eldest has finished his A levels)
Perth is our current favourite destination (although as this has already changed once it may well do again!!)

Due to timescales our visa application won't even go in until into next year (hopefully) so it still feels miles away for us.

Tiggs + Graz
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by task
Bloody stressful alright,
Hows it going Tiawamutu dont you think you should pick a shorter name?
is the meet still on?
Had a message from the agent and we should hear soon the meds have been finalised just waiting for some internal checks (that sounds painful)
take care task
Sorry Task, the meeting isn't on anymore as something came up

I did post a message on the thread but you musn't have seen it.

Don't know when I can rearrange, as I am not off on a weekend til after Xmas

Sounds like your close to getting the OK with your visa

Keep us informed
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The answer to your question is "yes, all of them" and they all live in Joondalup.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by renth
The answer to your question is "yes, all of them" and they all live in Joondalup.
Thanks for that Renth, but I was talking about people who are not here yet
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:22 pm

Anybody else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.