Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any painting work in perth at the moment

Any painting work in perth at the moment

Old May 18th 2009, 8:10 am
Just Joined

IRISH-EYES is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any painting work in perth at the moment

Hi all just joined the other day love reading all the post, just wondering is there much painting work in perth at the moment ?,

I was painting in Ireland for 16 years and i got sick of the weather there, i'm over in thailand at the moment and would love to go to perth, i know work is slow every where now but worth a try,

Thanks all
Old May 19th 2009, 3:59 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any painting work in perth at the moment

Irish-eyes try the local western australia newspaper and some agencys Im sure if u ook hard enough u will get something .What part of ireland r u from ???
Old May 19th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IRISH-EYES
Hi all just joined the other day love reading all the post, just wondering is there much painting work in perth at the moment ?,

I was painting in Ireland for 16 years and i got sick of the weather there, i'm over in thailand at the moment and would love to go to perth, i know work is slow every where now but worth a try,

Thanks all
If you're over 30 you don't qualify for a Working Holiday Visa and are basically stuffed. Don't even think about coming here on a Travel Visa and working.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Irish-eyes try the local western australia newspaper and some agencys Im sure if u ook hard enough u will get something .What part of ireland r u from ???
Hi sharon thanks for your reply i'm from the west of Ireland ( Galway ) its always cold and raining here LOL,

I should have gone to austraila years ago but its looks like its to late for me now, you have to under 30 to get a working holliday visa,

Again sharon thanks for your reply
Old May 19th 2009, 7:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Don't even think about coming here on a Travel Visa and working.
I did.
Old May 19th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I did.
Since when was that legal ?
Old May 19th 2009, 10:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Since when was that legal ?
It wasn't.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:37 am
Just Joined

It wasn't.
LOL
Old May 20th 2009, 8:42 am
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I did.

I know someone who did it 20 years ago, they got caught by Immigration and were offered two choices:

1) Be deported
2) Pay tax on the money he had earned during his stay, fill out some forms and be given a PR Visa.

Guess which he chose !! ;-)
Old May 20th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by innojuk
I know someone who did it 20 years ago, they got caught by Immigration and were offered two choices:

1) Be deported
2) Pay tax on the money he had earned during his stay, fill out some forms and be given a PR Visa.

Guess which option probably applies now - 1 only.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replys, i would like to be sponsored by a painting company if that was possible but i know work is hard to find at the moment,

Any way thanks again for all your help, i'll keep on looking till i find something
Old May 20th 2009, 11:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by innojuk

1) Be deported

I paid tax whilst I was working - I could have claimed some back as well as I only worked for about 6 months but did not want to push it!

When I filled out my PR application forms, I declared that I had worked illegally and had no comeback whatsoever. Easy peasy.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thanks all
Why not try for a skilled visa?
Old May 20th 2009, 11:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replys, i would like to be sponsored by a painting company if that was possible but i know work is hard to find at the moment,

Any way thanks again for all your help, i'll keep on looking till i find something
Pretty unlikely to be sponsored by a painting company. Tradie work is drying up here, so if you qualify for a visa on your skills you would be best to apply for the visa first and find work once you get here.

First point woud be...Do you qualify for a visa? www.immi.gov.au