Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Originally Posted by bucktaylor
I sent an e-mail off to the RAN at the begining of January. Does anyone know how long it will take before they get back to me and what happens next. I haven't put my notice in yet as I have no idea how long the process takes, 12-18 months seems the norm according to this forum.
Cheers for any advice
Buck
Hi Buck

Was it the intial application that you asked for??

If it was, the pack can either be emailed to you, or sent through the post.

You have to be persistant with them - they are receiving 100's of requests for information and applications - not everyone goes through with it. This, unfortunately tends to be a bit of a time waster as far as the Admin etc goes.

We submitted our inital application request in December 2005 - Hubby was at Sea, so this meant that our process has taken a little longer.

They are changing the way that they conduct the applications though - I knwo it's soon, but not too sure when. Instead of to and fr of paperwork and emails, they are hoping to do a full assessment and medical/DCO thing in Australia House this end of the world. This will probably knock 6 months off each application waiting time.

Unfotunately, all of us that are already stuck in the process will not really benefit from this.

We are moving across in September ish this year. All going really well so far. We are about to submit our PR Visa - once we get the Labour Agreement from Canberra. At this point we have had the Conditions of Service stuff through and it's at the 12 month stage. Hubby PVR'd in September 06.

Hope this helps

Angie
Old Jan 25th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by bucktaylor
I sent an e-mail off to the RAN at the begining of January. Does anyone know how long it will take before they get back to me and what happens next. I haven't put my notice in yet as I have no idea how long the process takes, 12-18 months seems the norm according to this forum.
Cheers for any advice
Buck
Hi

My husband sent his initial expression of interest email last July and had a response in August. They asked him to send hard copies of his last 5 reports and all his qualifications. We received an application pack in early October. He arranged medicals/blood tests eye tests and finally got all the results together last week and sent the completed pack back. We emailed them to ask what happens next and I attach the response below. As yet we haven't put any notice in but my husband has done his 22 years so will just hand in his notice when we get something definite.

Good luck

The time frame for the process varies, approximately 9 -12 months from start to finish.
When we receive your application pack back..
Your Medical fitness is accessed for entry level (not serving level ) - this can take a long period as documents and requirements have to go back and forth,
The career managers recommend your application
Defence Community Organisation - will talk to you and family and then make a report about your expectations within the RAN, preparations which you have made for your move and other general questions about family, financial situation, educational issues and life experiences.
Once these are completed we then offer you a position with rank and seniority through a Terms of Service letter .
Once you accept the Terms then we start on Immigration by asking for approval under our Labour Agreement with DIMA to sponsor you for employment within Australia and then get your security clearance to join the RAN.
Once we have an answer from DIMA approving the Labour agreement then you have to apply for an Australian Residency Visa - more medicals for you and family, police and security checks etc.
Once you have the Visa. We discuss a date that you would like to be enlisted into the RAN.
As you can see the process is a lengthy one and entry is never guaranteed at any stage of the process.
I hope this helps, and if you have any question please let me know.

Penny Hall
Ph: 02 62653302
Mobile: 0419780135
Email: [email protected]
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

i just checked when I started this thread and can't believe how long ago that all feels right now. I thought maybe it was time for an update and also to hear about yours? The Visa's have been posted, the money has gone from the bank for them and now the long wait to see if we will get them!!! I had the shippers come and do a pre move check yesterday and yes, we need a 40 ft container lol!!! I am going to provisionally book our flights tomorrow for the 5 November and apart from the reality kicking in big time that we soon could be on our way to Sydney
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Josie1100
i just checked when I started this thread and can't believe how long ago that all feels right now. I thought maybe it was time for an update and also to hear about yours? The Visa's have been posted, the money has gone from the bank for them and now the long wait to see if we will get them!!! I had the shippers come and do a pre move check yesterday and yes, we need a 40 ft container lol!!! I am going to provisionally book our flights tomorrow for the 5 November and apart from the reality kicking in big time that we soon could be on our way to Sydney
Helloooo!!!!!!!!
Update...

All paperwork sorted - Schools Sorted - Housing Sorted! Just got Insurance Propsal to finish regarding Air and Sea Freight/Clothing etc. Booked all travel and accom!

Tickets should be with us over the next few weeks - on a down side - Youngest Daughter had emergency Operation over the weekend - Never a dull moment! Emergency Appendectomy! (Or however you spell it!) She's OK, but sore and will have a nice scar to show people when she's older!

Doggie booked in for blood tests 30th July - due to fly 22nd August!

We're off to 'breathe' with in laws in France for a couple of weeks - chance not to have to think!

Angie
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Adam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud of

Today feels like a very important day;

USA celebrates its independence.
Journalist Alan Johnson finally released by his captors.
We get our Visas approved.

The whole process from initial speculative letter to RAN until now has been 15 months. Hopefully another two months and we'll be on our way to WA.

Just got to sell the cars and house, arrange a moving date with RAN and get the packers/shippers in before September.

Not much to do then......
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Congratulations Adam 66 You must all be over the moon today. Lots to do now though!!! We booked our flights etc today as we have been told they are running out of business class seats and might have to put us in economy
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adam 66
Today feels like a very important day;

USA celebrates its independence.
Journalist Alan Johnson finally released by his captors.
We get our Visas approved.

The whole process from initial speculative letter to RAN until now has been 15 months. Hopefully another two months and we'll be on our way to WA.

Just got to sell the cars and house, arrange a moving date with RAN and get the packers/shippers in before September.

Not much to do then......
CONGRATULATIONS - Where abouts are u going? We are still waiting for the big news - although they keep telling us we're in!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hi, I joined the RAN 3 years ago today. I served in the RN for 24 years leaving in Sep 03 as a CPO(C) Although I still refer to myself as a CRS. Anyway please send a private message and I can give you a mass of info if you require and would only be too glad to help.

Yours Aye

Terry
hello mate, i join on 22 july as a CPO NPC and will be based at HMAS WATSON, done 24 yrs in mob and 18 months in old bill. do you enjoy it?

alan french
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hello All,

We fly out 19 July to sunny OZ, joining as a CPO NPC (reggie git) and going to Sydney. I found the process easy-ish, but it pays to do the ground work and bug people. I completed all the Visa forms and booked the family medicals on my own back, ages ago and took the risk of loosing the money (1000),if I did not get job offer.

Also check your contract when you get it and fight to keep the same rate if possible and check your pay rates. It is worth joining just for the RAN pension scheme, you get shed loads when you reach 55, even if you only do the six years.

Dont forget the Police checks for all family members and they need to be in date for the visa and to enter oz, so you may need to do it twice!

And with the Visa forms you need all family to complete a Form 80 (visa). The process is long, but it is getting reduced and if you have an enlistment date, they will push the visa I got mine in 48 hrs, but if you have kids over 18, be ware they will not get one, if they work etc, they need to be in full time education to be dependant or special needs (so we have to leave our daughter behind shes 22 thank god, but it was a real shock).:curse:

Everything like removal and travel etc is excellent and the service is ace, with Pickfords doing the packing and the travel agent giving top class hotels.

will give you all an update when we arrive. GOOD LUCK

PS: We are not selling our house just in case it goes TU. People out there have said this to us also, you wont get back on the UK MARKET but if we like,then sell.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS Adam and Janet on getting your visa. You wont believe how quickly the time will fly now and you'll be sat in London waiting to sign the dotted line. We have been here 4 weeks today and can honestly say we're not missing the uk one bit. Sit back and have a drink and enjoy your evening. Take care

Nicky xxx
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Congratulations ...... fingers crossed we aren't too far behind you guys. Just waiting for our visa now, hopefully only a week or two to go!

See you out there for a beer!

Well done and good luck with the house sale

Kate x
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi littlenick and wooders,

Just being cheeky and asking where are you based littlenick and are you enjoying it? and wooders where are you going.

Please look at my previous mail as if you are both near sydney it would be nice to see other pats.

All the best kimalan
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kim and Alan please let me know what you make of the housing and areas in Sydney when you get the chance. I checked the people in Manly that I mentioned but they are renting privately and not through DHA so not much help sorry!!! Hope you are getting excited about your move as it isn't long now. We will have to meet up and have a beer when we eventually get to Sydney.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Adam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimalan

Just being cheeky and asking where are you based littlenick and are you enjoying it? and wooders where are you going.

Please look at my previous mail as if you are both near sydney it would be nice to see other pats.

All the best kimalan
Littlenick is in Perth , thats where we are heading , and wooders aswell , enjoy sydney xxx
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimalan

All the best kimalan
Hi kimalan

You're not being cheeky, and we are loving Perth. You probably know that it's winter here at the moment and the weather has been a little awful, but for the first couple of weeks it was lovely to be able to go out in the evenings and sit out drinking coffee and watching the world go by. I hope you find Sydney as enjoyable as we find Perth and it would have been nice to get together if not so far away. That is the only thing, meeting people. If anyone knows of any meets around Secret Harbour area I would love to know. Hope all those waiting for their visas hear good news very soon. Take care

Nicky xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.