Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any opinion on Toyota - Aurion Presara?

Any opinion on Toyota - Aurion Presara?

Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any opinion on Toyota - Aurion Presara?

Can you please give me the good, bad and the ugly on this car?

Hubby prefers it over the Accord as it has more room, more powerful and is a close match to our previous car....

Ta
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:54 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any opinion on Toyota - Aurion Presara?

Originally Posted by IndieG

Hubby prefers it over the Accord as it has more room, more powerful and is a close match to our previous car....

Ta
Yep, its ugly.
Buy the Accord
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
No diesel - so bad
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No diesel - so bad
Only planning on city drive, school runs. I think it's too big though...

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Yep, its ugly.
Buy the Accord
ok, will look at it more closely in the showroom and see just how ugly it is.

Last edited by IndieG; Feb 18th 2011 at 7:28 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:28 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
I've just come back from driving a rental Aurion for 4 days. Drives well, I think it looks quite nice from the outside, but like all Toyotas (I own a Tarago), they make the worst interiors, all plasticy and cheap. For a quality vehicle brand you'd think they would spend some money on the inside
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I've just come back from driving a rental Aurion for 4 days. Drives well, I think it looks quite nice from the outside, but like all Toyotas (I own a Tarago), they make the worst interiors, all plasticy and cheap. For a quality vehicle brand you'd think they would spend some money on the inside
Oh no, plasticy, yuck yuck. I thought the interior would be like that of the lexus Guess it is back to Accord Euro then...
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:43 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, plasticy, yuck yuck. I thought the interior would be like that of the lexus Guess it is back to Accord Euro then...
nup, they are crap as! I have yet to see a single model from Toyota (with the Toyota badge) that has good quality parts used (ie: car stereo and gear stick that doesn't feel like it is going to fall off if you touch it the wrong way)
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
I drive a Toyota Aurion Touring at the moment, drove an Accord in Dubai (as well as the 4wd) and much prefer to drive the Aurion to the Accord.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

nailbite is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta
Would anyone want to buy a Toyota these days with troubles with so very many different models?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kim67
I drive a Toyota Aurion Touring at the moment, drove an Accord in Dubai (as well as the 4wd) and much prefer to drive the Aurion to the Accord.
Thanks, will test drive both. Was that the Accord - Euro? Advantage being it is made in Japan, so quality would presumably be superior to Aurion. But the Presara has many features that are quite appealing too.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nailbite
Would anyone want to buy a Toyota these days with troubles with so very many different models?
The problems were blown out of proportion by the (mainly US) media. I do agree that the reliablilty gap between Toyota and Ford has got closer, maybe even met in recent years. Back in the 90s the gap was huge.

If could afford it, it would be the Honda Accord for me.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Looked at both recently. Accord is a much nicer looking car and better quality of interior furnishings IMO.
Aurion drove well, much quieter, smoother and more comfortable than it's sibling the Camry.
If cost isn't an issue, it would be the Accord, though I'd rather plump for the 3.5 V6 than the Euro, not that there's a great deal wrong with the Euro.
If cost might be a factor bear in mind rego is cheaper for the Euro than the Aurion, yet the 2.9% finance deals and fixed cost servicing can mean a lot in terms of the Toyota.
Recap? Hmm... Snob value, Accord, common as muck Aurion but not a bad car and pretty good value. All IMHO of course.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rightruccus
Looked at both recently. Accord is a much nicer looking car and better quality of interior furnishings IMO.
Aurion drove well, much quieter, smoother and more comfortable than it's sibling the Camry.
If cost isn't an issue, it would be the Accord, though I'd rather plump for the 3.5 V6 than the Euro, not that there's a great deal wrong with the Euro.
If cost might be a factor bear in mind rego is cheaper for the Euro than the Aurion, yet the 2.9% finance deals and fixed cost servicing can mean a lot in terms of the Toyota.
Recap? Hmm... Snob value, Accord, common as muck Aurion but not a bad car and pretty good value. All IMHO of course.
Thank you Cost is not an issue and it appears the Honda Accord Euro Luxury Navi is cheaper than the Aurion Presara. I'm inclined towards the Accord.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Pleasure.
Even though I preferred the Accord, (except for tan interior when specced in black, bleugh!!), there was a big temptation to have a loan at 2.9% and my savings still earning 6.5% than pay outright. That and the $130 fixed servicing cost. I don't know what the Honda is for servicing.
In the end we went for neither!! lol
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rightruccus
P there was a big temptation to have a loan at 2.9% and my savings still earning 6.5% than pay outright.
Hmmm, that is a good idea. I can open a term deposit and take a loan! Is it 2.9% on a reducing loan balance or is that a flat rate (a trick used by banks in Dubai where you pay 2.9% p.a. on the entire loan throughout its tenor even when the principle amount is reducing!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.