Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For any one thinking of using Robinsons. .....

Wikiposts

For any one thinking of using Robinsons. .....

Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:27 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light
Default For any one thinking of using Robinsons. .....

They come highly recommended!

Having previously used various companies to move, we decided (after inviting the usual selection round to quote), to go with Robinsons International for our move from the UK to Brisbane, Australia.

After the initial contact with the salesman (Ian Brown) through to the most fantastic move team and the ultimate delivery to our address in Brisbane, Robinsons were totally fantastic. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, informative and courteous.

The most important thing to me as a client was the quality of the packing of my personal affects to the other side of the world and having them arrive just as they were.

As the container was unloaded and our things were carefully unpacked and repositioned, it was amazing to see it all again. Most of all, when the children came home from school to their rooms just as they were back home, with all of their possessions round them, it was the most heart warming feeling. No tears over broken, crushed, or cracked toys. No rips in the sofas or scrapes on the furniture.

We were delighted. I have been meaning to post this for a while.

Thank you Robinsons for getting my home here in one container (just) :scared: and in one piece!

The Suttons x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For any one thinking of using Robinsons. .....

Originally Posted by Jimmy Cliff

Having previously used various companies to move, we decided (after inviting the usual selection round to quote), to go with Robinsons International for our move from the UK to Brisbane, Australia.

After the initial contact with the salesman (Ian Brown) through to the most fantastic move team and the ultimate delivery to our address in Brisbane, Robinsons were totally fantastic. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, informative and courteous.

The most important thing to me as a client was the quality of the packing of my personal affects to the other side of the world and having them arrive just as they were.

As the container was unloaded and our things were carefully unpacked and repositioned, it was amazing to see it all again. Most of all, when the children came home from school to their rooms just as they were back home, with all of their possessions round them, it was the most heart warming feeling. No tears over broken, crushed, or cracked toys. No rips in the sofas or scrapes on the furniture.

Thank you Robinsons for getting my home here in one container (just) :scared: and in one piece!

The Suttons x
Oh nice one thanks for sharing.

Can i ask where they're based???

Jen
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:52 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JenJen
Oh nice one thanks for sharing.

Can i ask where they're based???

Jen
The main office is Oxford. We were near Milton Keynes but I am sure that service the whole of the UK.

Have not got any paperwork to hand, try a search www.robinsonsinternational.com?

Vics x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 1:12 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

The main office is Oxford. We were near Milton Keynes but I am sure that service the whole of the UK.

Have not got any paperwork to hand, try a search www.robinsonsinternational.com?

Vics x

will google it it couldn't find it.

If their that good sounds worthwhile looking into

Jen
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

We used robinsons and they were crap, rubbish and we are in the middle of claiming for our damaged items at the mo. They sent contract packers didnt wrap anything I would never recommend them.

Nicola
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:37 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The Suttons x
Who did your gelivery in Australia ?,,,, and if it was delivered in a Container was it the same one they loaded in the UK,,?.
As all household goods into Australia have to be inspected by Aqis prior to delivery,..................... mm
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:54 am
ridiculous avatar

Originally Posted by mr mover
Who did your gelivery in Australia ?,,,, and if it was delivered in a Container was it the same one they loaded in the UK,,?.
As all household goods into Australia have to be inspected by Aqis prior to delivery,..................... mm
Nicola I am sorry you did not have tha same experience. As far as I was aware, they do not use contract labour. I am very shocked to think it could be the same company. It was one of my first questions that I asked when I booked and they confirmed that they did not? (My friend used another company who did send out contract labour and her things sadly were damaged). I hope you have now settled the matter.

Mr mover, Robinsons use a company called Wridgeways to unload the original container, check and repack into a delivery container. Everything is looked at by customs. Again, all dealings with the above were brilliant.

Vics x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:26 am
Just Joined

wheeliein2minds is on a distinguished road

[Sounds like someone from Robinson`s wrote it.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

The Suttons x

We also used Robinsons International and they were a night mare.No way would I use them again.They came to the house to give us a quote and they did that alright.We agreed the price and theycame to pack and guess what they only packed half of the house because that is all we appaently had paid for.It turned out after several telephone conversations that the woman that did the quote hadn't given them all of the paper work nor had she sent us all of the paper work and they wanted another £800.00.We haggled over the price it was their mistake and £200.00 was taken off the price.They came in and packed the rest.However during the packing we had been told that taking certain items to oz wasn't possible fair enough.We had ahuge amount of alcohol from christmas and was told by Robinsons that we shouldn't take this because of bieng hit by duty on it.Again ok fair enough.After teelling the packers this ourselves they packed it under kitchen items and also packed a automatic paint ball gun that wasn't to be packed because oz doesn't allow it.
So guess what it was packed what a palalrver this end when the packing finally arrived in oz.The after service was rubbish and they were rude even though it was their mistake.I am glad it went well for you but this company was a horror for us.We had to also send 2 cats Robinsons do that too.No way was I sending the cats with them.I used Airpets they were excellent.
No way would I ever use this company again.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

PS Many broken items too.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:33 am
ridiculous avatar

Originally Posted by wheeliein2minds
[Sounds like someone from Robinson`s wrote it.
Someone from Robinsons certainly did not write it. If you check me out you will find that I am genuine. And I am only posting my experience with Robinsons.

They were marvelous. I can only say that each moving company has a few nightmares. I am sure they all learn from these experiences.

The packing team I had were not contracted labour, they were experienced professionals (Ron Berry's crew) who took great pains to carefully wrap my most treasured possessions. I had an above average amount of fine crockery and glassware which arrived in tip top condition.

I think the best advice to anyone booking with any company is to confirm in writing that it will not be contracted labour. After my friends experience with another reputable company, it is an important consideration. Also express your concerns to the packers and make time for that communication.

Vics x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:11 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola I am sorry you did not have tha same experience. As far as I was aware, they do not use contract labour. I am very shocked to think it could be the same company. It was one of my first questions that I asked when I booked and they confirmed that they did not? (My friend used another company who did send out contract labour and her things sadly were damaged). I hope you have now settled the matter.

Mr mover, Robinsons use a company called Wridgeways to unload the original container, check and repack into a delivery container. Everything is looked at by customs. Again, all dealings with the above were brilliant.

Vics x
Couldn't agree with you more. We used Robinsons and they were brilliant. The guy who came out to quote was very polite and knowledgable - no heavy sales pressure. Our house sale went through quicker than we'd anticipated - the week before Christmas but they still managed to fit us in. The packing guys were superb and everything arrived safely apart from one broken cup. Couldn't fault them at all

Britannia came out, spent an hour and a half of high sales talk of how they are the best company etc. then didn't even send us a quote. I rang twice about it and then gave up.

Last edited by LouiseD; Dec 7th 2006 at 11:15 am.