Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one selling online in Oz?

Any one selling online in Oz?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

wildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nicewildbriz is just really nice
Default Any one selling online in Oz?

Hi,
We have heard that online sales are lower per capita in Oz than a lot of other countries.
Does anyone have any experience will an online business in Australia?
Are Australians generally big or small online shoppers?

Cheers
wildbriz
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:14 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any one selling online in Oz?

I sell web hosting online to the UK and Australia. With an online service (no physical delivery) I guess it is different from selling a physical product.

For hosting, I find both markets comparable. For other online businesses I think it will vary greatly depending upon what you are selling and your success in reaching your target market in an affordable manner. The Australian market is 1/3rd the size of the UK market, but that's still around 20 million people.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wildbriz
Hi,
We have heard that online sales are lower per capita in Oz than a lot of other countries.

Cheers
wildbriz
Delivery costs are one problem with online selling in Australia. Not as many low cost delivery options are set up yet.

Also many shops often price match, which does make it a bit difficult for the online seller.

It does however depend on your product.

Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Oz websites are pretty dire,even big stores only show their general items that they sell.About 10 years behind here and they would sell a lot more if they invested in their websites.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wildbriz
Hi,

Cheers
wildbriz
Australians are small online shoppers, have a look on ebay. I used to buy/sell at ebay in Europe and it was much better, bigger. Australia is to small (peoplewise) for shopping and buying/selling from/to overseas is too expensive and not easy eg quarantine etc