Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Hi shirl62,

Looks like 12 months is the furthest out that they can push it. Oh well.

Thanks for the info
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee

Have to say the flights for us one way were very cheap, have you checked the price of the one-way fares yet?

The travel agent we found most helpful for various trips (and family too) were Trailfinders - if their Dublin office is still there?!

My sister was over in August and got really cheap flights with Etihad (return). I reckon ring Trailfinders first of all, and then Singapore Airlines and Etihad directly, speak with one of the supervisors or something to make sure you're getting the correct info. The reason I say Singapore is they were really helpful last year for my bro-in-law when the radar system went down in Dublin airport - changed his flight to the next day with no hassle - we were with Royal Brunei and I'd give them a major thumbs-down - very rude, unhelpful and generally c**p!!

You must be getting excira?!!

cheers
shears
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

I was in Trailfinders in Cork last week and they advised me to go Cork/Amsterdam/HK/Melbourne with Cathay Paficic.

I used them a few years back when I was in Oz on whv.

Yeah I'm excited and terrified at the same time

I'll keep looking. Maybe Ryanair might do Kerry to Melbourne
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leedelta
I was in Trailfinders in Cork last week and they advised me to go Cork/Amsterdam/HK/Melbourne with Cathay Paficic.

I used them a few years back when I was in Oz on whv.

Yeah I'm excited and terrified at the same time

I'll keep looking. Maybe Ryanair might do Kerry to Melbourne
ha!! think how much excess baggage you'd have to pay ... just for yer grub
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Just found this thread....

Family of four, kids aged 15 and 10.

Hoping to migrate in mid 2010, or once we can sell our house. Visa (176, State Sponsored, WA) came through in August.

Coming over with the gang to Perth a reccie trip, and also to validate the visas will be there for three or so weeks, getting there three weeks today on 9th November..

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

John
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Just found this thread....

Family of four, kids aged 15 and 10.

Hoping to migrate in mid 2010, or once we can sell our house. Visa (176, State Sponsored, WA) came through in August.

Coming over with the gang to Perth a reccie trip, and also to validate the visas will be there for three or so weeks, getting there three weeks today on 9th November..

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

John
Dont bring suncream its dirt cheap here

Paddy
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

macfamily1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

This thread is really old at this stage but I've just come across it! We are a family of 5 hoping to move to Perth in March 2010. We have citizenship but are just a bit cautious about the work situation there at the moment (not that there is much happening here!) OH is a builder/carpenter - can anyone give me an honest opinion on what it's really like there for work at the moment? Cold and wet today and Perth is looking very tempting!! Any replies greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by macfamily1
Hi Folks,

This thread is really old at this stage but I've just come across it! We are a family of 5 hoping to move to Perth in March 2010. We have citizenship but are just a bit cautious about the work situation there at the moment (not that there is much happening here!) OH is a builder/carpenter - can anyone give me an honest opinion on what it's really like there for work at the moment? Cold and wet today and Perth is looking very tempting!! Any replies greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi its cold and wet here today also My Oh is a carpenter we have been here just over a year his contract has finished about 2 months ago and he has had some work nothing much 2 days and 3 days a week but has had nothing for 2 weeks and every job he phones has had so many calls so just taking some numbers,getting to him a bit as he is always used to working and over here is totaly different to uk , also there is not much work for carpenters in the houses so that dosent help sorry to say not much happening just now there was 1 job for carpenter in the West newspaper today hope this helps and good luck Kate
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I booked a flight from Cork to Singapore with a 2 hr stopover in Heathrow.

I am wondering will my luggage be checked in from Cork to Singapore or will I have to check it again in Heathrow?

Thanks..
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:07 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

A few french
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I am wondering will my luggage be checked in from Cork to Singapore or will I have to check it again in Heathrow?

Thanks..
No it will go all the way through. You should also get your tickets for all flights at cork.

Thats if the plane is not under water at the airport

Paddy
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
A few french
Less of that Geelong

You might have to get a slap on the HAND.

Paddy
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.025; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Hi,

Thanks..
Hi lee,
Hope all is well in ballyheigue... I hear things are a bit wet there the mo.
We're in Perth for a couple of weeks, flew with aer lingus dublin frankfurt and then qantas frankfurt, singapore, perth no problem whatsoever checking bags thru in dublin all the way,
Regards, john
Ps belated thanks for your advice on accounting work in oz.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.025; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Hi lee,
Hope all is well in ballyheigue... I hear things are a bit wet there the mo.
We're in Perth for a couple of weeks, flew with aer lingus dublin frankfurt and then qantas frankfurt, singapore, perth no problem whatsoever checking bags thru in dublin all the way,
Regards, john
Ps belated thanks for your advice on accounting work in oz.

Hi John,

Cheers for that.

Yep its bloody awful here, floods, rain, wind, can't even leave the house to get to the pub

Perth..nice.There was a nice creole restaurant in Nortbridge that I frequented plus try out the Chili beer in The Brass Monkey.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
No it will go all the way through. You should also get your tickets for all flights at cork.

Thats if the plane is not under water at the airport

Paddy
Cheers Paddy,

Cork Airport is on a hill so the water will flow into the city!!

2 foot of water in the City Centre at the minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.