Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:00 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi everyone, as an irish passport holder, how do we give evidence of english ability or do i need to complete the IELTS.

regards
stephen
Hello
You dont need to do the test it goes by the country you are from so Ireland is ok you dont need evidence of being able to speak English
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello
You dont need to do the test it goes by the country you are from so Ireland is ok you dont need evidence of being able to speak English
Did this not change in Sept with new regulations?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:13 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by trice_ie
Where would the best place be to check this out.

regards
stephen
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trice_ie

Basically before Sept you were automatically given 25 points for language for being an Irish passport holder. Last sept they changed the rules and now we only get 15 points for language. If you are short points then you will be required to sit the IELTS test for a further 10 points.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:47 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Where would the best place be to check this out.

regards
stephen
ild say post in the September or January threads as some one will know or check the Australian web site i remember wondering the same thing when we applied in January on line but we didnt need to do it I think some people did it to bost their points not a 100% on that though or how it would work
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

How are the English language points changing?
In recognition of the importance of English language skills, the points test will be adjusted to award more points to applicants with very strong English language skills.
Applicant has proficient English
25 points
English language
Applicant meets the English language threshold with:
􀂃
competent English; or
􀂃
vocational English, if applicant has trade occupation; or
􀂃
concessional competent English if the applicant has applied for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (subclass 475 or 487) visa and has paid a fee to attend English language training in a participating state/territory
15 points
What is proficient English?
Proficient English is having an operational command of English with the ability to use and comprehend complex language well and understand detailed reasoning.
To demonstrate you have proficient English you must show that you:
􀂃
have scored a minimum of 7.0 in each of the four IELTS test components; or
􀂃
have scored a B level or greater in an Occupational English Test (OET) exam.
What is competent English?
Competent English is having a generally effective command of the English language and the ability to use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.
To demonstrate you have competent English you must show that you:
􀂃
have scored a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four IELTS test components; or
􀂃
have scored a B level or greater in an Occupational English Test (OET) exam; or
􀂃
hold a passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland.
What is vocational English?
Vocational English is having a reasonable command of the English language, coping with overall meaning in most situations and the ability to communicate effectively in your nominated field of employment.
To demonstrate you have vocational English you must show that you:
􀂃
have scored a minimum of 5.0 in each of the four IELTS test components; or
􀂃
hold a passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland.
What is concessional competent English?
Concessional competent English is having basic competence in the English language, but your skills may not be consistent across the four areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
To demonstrate you have concessional competent English you must show that you have an average band score of 5.5 across the four IELTS test components.
You will only meet the English language requirements for GSM with concessional competent English if you have:
􀂃
applied for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa; and
􀂃
paid a fee to attend an English language course in a participating state/territory.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Heres the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Mairead,

I am just glad they're moving at all. Hearing nothing day in and day out is very disheartening so any news is great I am off to NY on Sunday for a week so we will organize them then. OH is looking after the kiddies I am going to shop til I drop......shorts, tees, sandles I am thinking positively and shopping for a life in the sun No more buying boots and coats for me
Helena
God Helena Id love it. Have a great time!!!! Sounds good not having to buy coats and boats eh !!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:11 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

hi folks,

Ok, so I live in London so my OH and I will be applying from here but I'm from Kilkenny..can I play?!

I was quite relieved to realise that I've been living in the UK for more than 10 years, therefore I won't have to get police checks from Ireland which seems to be a bit of a hassle for us Irish folk in the UK. One less thing to worry about!!

Therese
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mairead
God Helena Id love it. Have a great time!!!! Sounds good not having to buy coats and boats eh !!!!
Dont encourage her Mairead. I am just hoping the credit card does not MELT:
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Dont encourage her Mairead. I am just hoping the credit card does not MELT:
Did she not tell you that she increased the limit by 10k!!!!!!

Brave man, Brave man!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:11 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Fingers crossed we are going to start our online visa application this weekend.

Hope that we have got everything that we need.

Regards

Stephen
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

the4macs is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings all.

We have just return from Holidays in Perth and are now working hard applying for our Visa.

We have two Kids 20 months and 4 years old.

Looking forward to arriving in Oz.

Is there anyone else applying from Ireland at the moment, we would welcome any advice.

Regards

Silverski
Hi everyone
We are off to Brisbane on the 15th of April
took us a year to the date right from the TRA to when the visa was granted its been a long time comming and we can't wait im just glad we sold our house when we did[oct07] are i think i would really be pulling my hair out by now
Goodluck to you all and will keep an eye on this sight when we get sorted to see how you's are getting on!!!!
I see some of you are showing off with your IRISH but unfortunately i just managed an English o ' level[showing my age]
but in my best English
"YOUR DAY WILL COME"

Andrea,Shane Matthew & Molly
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the4macs
Hi everyone
took us a year to the date right from the TRA to when the visa was granted its been a long time comming and we can't wait im just glad we sold our house when we did[oct07] are i think i would really be pulling my hair out by now
Goodluck to you all and will keep an eye on this sight when we get sorted to see how you's are getting on!!!!
I see some of you are showing off with your IRISH but unfortunately i just managed an English o ' level[showing my age]
but in my best English
"YOUR DAY WILL COME"

Hey

Best of luck on the 15th and i hope all your dreams come true with your new life down under

Paddy
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:13 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by the4macs
Hi everyone
but in my best English
"YOUR DAY WILL COME"

Good luck to all

Well done

Regards

Stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.