Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:21 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by crobo
Hi folks,
My partner and I are moving from Galway to Sydney in October. I have the option of keeping my Irish job when I move but am trying to understand the tax implications of doing so Can anyone recommend a good financial advisor or accountant who does not cost the earth and who knows both the Irish and the Australian systems?
Hi,

Look for Alan Collett on this site. He is a migration agent but also a UK/Oz accountant, he may be able to help?

Darren
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

We've booked our one way ticketsd to Adelaide!!! going 24th November
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lettik
We've also booked our 1-way ticket to Sydney... Going mid September... 3 months. can't wait to get going... best of luck to everyone
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:33 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Lettik and Sarskis

That's great news. I think it makes it all the more real once the flights are booked. Time is really going to fly by. We're off in 3 weeks .

Have already had a few upsets saying goodbye to people as we're spending lots of time with family and friends having dinners/days out, etc. I think this is definitely the worst bit

How's everyone else doing here? Its been a bit quiet the last few days? Silverski, any more news on the house?

I know Melbourne's blood tests went off about 3 weeks now so I'm hoping she'll hear something soon as everything is in
Irish Gal
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

shannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really nice

Thanks for the info Shannon9. Are you moving over for good in 3 weeks time or going on a recci? We are checking out flights and hope to make the move early September.

How did your viewers go? We have decided to rent out as we've had our house up from last August and only had 2 viewers Hopefully house sales will pick up again next year when co-ownership kicks in again

Good Luck, Lynn xx[/QUOTE]
Hi there again I booked my flights on thusday last through Club Travel in Dublin. We are flying out to Melbourne on the 1st September 2008. They have good rates at the moment there number is 01-4359919 if you want to contact them. let me know how you get on. We had five flights. Are you going to Melbourne??
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Shannon - do you have your visa or are you just going on a reccie visit ?

Silverski - any news on selling the house ?

Sarskis - do I gather that you've sold your house ?

We've not had any news at all - feel like we've been really left behind at this stage - and agent can't give us any idea as to why we haven't heard anything - SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Melbourne

We've not had any news at all - feel like we've been really left behind at this stage - and agent can't give us any idea as to why we haven't heard anything - SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating.

We still have the place for sale, who knows on that front... but we are hoping it will sell by then, if not we will have to have sold it within a year of moving over or we will be screwed but I don't even want to think about that happening! Great to have booked flights n all... we are all very excited. Best of luck and am sure you will hear soon... its horrible waiting I know
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lettik
Hey there
Congrats on booking your flights
We'll be seeing you for that christmas drink then?!!
Hows things with you?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:03 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

We have had no interest in past few weeks.

Looks like things have slowed down.

And does not look good for next month with possible interest rate increase.

Feeling very low at the moment

Regards

Silverski
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Guys

Very quiet on the August visa grant front this week - in fact none at all - tho a couple got a co (I'd be grateful for of them !!).

Sarskis - don't you have two years before you have to pay cgt on the house ? Or is it that you want to be able to buy within a year ?

Silverski - hang on in there - it will happen for you !!

Hopefully we'll have good weather this weekend and will be able to crank up the barbies and crack open a few bottles - that might help ease the pain of waiting !

Shannon - still wondering if you're doing a reccie or if you have your visa - when did you apply ? Where did you say you're going to ?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Melbourne

No we are keeping our house here and selling a place we bought in France - we are going to rent our house out but need the French place to sell as our mortgage is not covered by rent. That is our big problem... it seems to be impossible to sell in France at the moment!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry total idiot - you told me that before when we spoke about rental agents !

It seems to be impossible to sell anywhere - my Mum is trying to sell a house in Belfast and there's no interest in it whatsoever at the moment (I won't go into the long and boring story about how it sold last year and the purchaser failed to come up with the mullah and now it's back on the market - for 100 less with a very weak exchange rate !!).
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry total idiot - you told me that before when we spoke about rental agents !

It seems to be impossible to sell anywhere - my Mum is trying to sell a house in Belfast and there's no interest in it whatsoever at the moment (I won't go into the long and boring story about how it sold last year and the purchaser failed to come up with the mullah and now it's back on the market - for 100 less with a very weak exchange rate !!).
There seems to be a lot of people in teh same boat. It feels great to have booked and we have 3 weeks in Thailand on the way which we're looking forward to... will be working fairly quickly on arrival though but sure you can't have it all!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Finally got a job back here in Ireland after looking for 8 months. I came back to Ireland after 7 months in Oz on a WHV.

Anyway I'm will be applying for a 175 in 9 months time (around Paddys Day). I got my skills positively assessed in Apr 2008.

Quick questions:

How long does the Garda check take?

Is it better to frontload my online app with the Garda & Medicals or wait till I get a CO?

Cheers.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:41 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi Leedelta,
Ours took 2 days but I think that was some sort of record. I know plenty of other Irish people had problems - mainly because the Gardai were telling them to do the wrong thing i.e. apply to the Gardai Vetting Unit.

You just go into your local Garda station and fill in the form there and then. They give it to the Superintendent - who will perform a background check. Then its just posted back to you!
Best of luck with it
Irish Gal

Congratulations to Saraheagles who finally got a case officer today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.