Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old May 7th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by Melbourne View Post
I don't have anyone who could check up - however I'm leaving some good neighbours who'd be able to let me know of any problems - just felt that using an agent would mean that they'd have to deal with hassle rather than me !!

Might take you up on that offer Sarskis !!

I'm in Corke Abbey - where are you ?

I am on Church Road, I don't think either of us will have any hassle getting a tenant - just got to be strict on references and all that if you are doing it yourself... but maybe you would feel safer using an agent locally in case you need to change tenants, etc.

Sarah
Old May 7th 2008, 8:04 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Melbourne View Post
Hi Sarskis

Don't want to make any plans until we actually have our visa - but just keeping random thoughts in the back of my mind re. shipping etc.

Are you using an agent to rent out your house ? I think we'll have to do that - too much hassle otherwise. Is there anyone other than Terrie Dunne letting in the Bray area do you know ?

And on the subject of selling your car - we'll have to do the same - will probably end up giving them away at a bargain price to a dealer !! How are you going about it ?

We also have a trailer and a horse box to sell - nightmare really.

Seeing a bit of the world enroute sounds amazing - do you have kids ? We have only one - but with my sisters being in Melbourne we'll probably fly straight there - seems like a pity in a way, might consider a stop over somewhere.

Fingers crossed re. the house Silverski.

Hi Melbourne,

We had 2 more viewings this evening, will call agent tomorrow morning to get update.

REgards

silverski
Old May 8th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by silverski View Post
Hi Melbourne,

We had 2 more viewings this evening, will call agent tomorrow morning to get update.

REgards

silverski
Any news on the Irish link Silverski? BTW congrats on all the viewings and fingers firmly crossed for a buyer.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:18 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead View Post
Any news on the Irish link Silverski? BTW congrats on all the viewings and fingers firmly crossed for a buyer.
Hi all,

I would like if you could all very gently send a PM to Pollyana lending your support to the Subforum for Ireland.

The more support we have, more chance that Pollyana may decide to grant our wish..

Many thanks

Silverski
Old May 11th 2008, 9:26 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hi all,

I would like if you could all very gently send a PM to Pollyana lending your support to the Subforum for Ireland.

The more support we have, more chance that Pollyana may decide to grant our wish..

Many thanks

Silverski
HI all just keeping this alive..

many thanks for your support.

Regards

Silverski
Old May 12th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

its greg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi evryone, we just live outside Derry, we fly out in 3 weeks to Brisbane,i have my 136 skilled visa. Everything a bit mad,trying to get everything packed away. Can`t wait.
Greg.
Old May 12th 2008, 8:05 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi Greg,
3 weeks Wow! you must be so delighted to be going. Have you children? How do they feel about it etc?

Have you been there before?
Irish Gal (Leaving in 44 days.....)
Old May 12th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Many thanks

Silverski

Hi Siverski,

I sent an email to Polly supporting your request for an Ireland subforum. Polly feels that having an Ireland subforum would lead to others requesting their own subforum and with so many different nationalities using BE that understandably it would take an awful lot of work to moderate. Something we could do is gather as much information as possible and put it on BE wiki. I have some stuff here that I will post on a new thread and we can all add to it as we go. I tried inputting it into wiki but I cant seem to get the hang of it!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Morning all (well good afternoon now really).

Isn't the weather AMAZING - I feel another barbie and MORE white wine in my bones !!

No news for us today - feel like I'm gonna be one of the last Augustees to get sorted.

Irish Gal - I really can't believe that it's only 44 days to go - wow.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Then weather is amazing!!!! will be the norm pretty soon...oh yeh!!!

Anyone, please tell me as I'm a bit confused - do we as immigrants have to pay for schooling??
Old May 12th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Lettik

I do - but we're going on a 496 visa - so primary for us will be about AUD 10000 a year - and the school can determine the price.

As far as I know those on permanent visas don't have to pay.
Old May 13th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lettik View Post
Hi Everyone,

Then weather is amazing!!!! will be the norm pretty soon...oh yeh!!!

Anyone, please tell me as I'm a bit confused - do we as immigrants have to pay for schooling??
Yes you will have to pay for schooling but how much depends on your visa type (ours is PR), what age your children are and which type of school you put them in.

Mine (aged 8 and 10) are in the local state school which is fantastic and I paid roughly £800 for uniforms, copies, pencils, pens, etc. I didn't have to pay for books at all.

The thing I find is that almost every week you are asked to fork out a few dollars for something or other.

The most expensive thing I've paid for have been their school tours. The eldest is heading off for a week to an outdoor activity centre Monday to Friday and that cost roughly $220 while the youngest is heading to the city for 3 days in October for hers. You get plenty of notice in case you need to budget.

Hope this helps.

Trish
Old May 13th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

its greg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we fly out from Dublin 9th June,we live just outside Derry.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:47 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Not much longer now then, Greg! What part are you heading for? Do you have a family going with you?
Old May 13th 2008, 12:50 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by its greg View Post
Hi we fly out from Dublin 9th June,we live just outside Derry.
HI there,

Congrats on Living the dream,

Where are you heading to...

Regards

Silverski

PS what visa did you get....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.