Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old May 1st 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Thanks guys

Melbourne: I'm in Cork

Irish Gal: I spoke to Don in Eastway actually the other day and found him very professional and extremely helpful.

Airpets in the Uk quoted me 2500 sterling for the dog - excluding quarantine Aus side, vets bills this side and transport to Healthrow!!
Old May 1st 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mairi-Claire
Hi Lynn,

I come from a very small Glen on the north Antrim coast called Glenariff. I left NI at the age of 18 to study in England and at the age of 24 moved to Germany where I've been for the last 10 years......scary how time flies......

I am really excited to move back to an english speaking country. It's amazing how much you miss it.

When did you submit your visa application ?

Claire
We are one of the many August applicants still waiting on a CO / VISA I just wish it would come thru so we could plan our move altho we still have our house to sell We had Remax round last night taking photos, so we will have 2 boards up - surley its got to sell being on with 2 agents

Lynn xx
Old May 1st 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Using Eastway from Limerick. Got quote of €2500 for everything from my house to Melbourne Port.

Same as you really - there's NO WAY we could rebuy everything from scratch for that price. We're taking EVERYTHING; towels, bedding, bikes, you name it.

We have 3 kids so we think it'll be easier for us all to settle if all our own stuff is with us.

Trish also used Eastway (check a few pages previous) and she highly recommends them too. Their number is 061 500700

Irish Gal
Hiye,

Was that quote for shipping including them packing everything or have you to do that yourself? We plan to use a 20ft container as we are taking all our newish stuff as well as bedding, towels etc...(not forgetting all my shoes, handbags and clothes )

We are in Cavan (Virginia)

Helena
Old May 1st 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

The quote I got was for dog transport. But I think the average 20ft container is 2500-3000euro, though I could be wrong. When I was asking around some companies I thought we were looking at air freight, but collecting quotes now. That's self packing also - you get the container dropped near you and you have 2 hours to load it, then they seal it and off they go for about 6 weeks I believe.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Mairi-Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Nige/Silverski - did I see earlier in this thread that you were waiting a while to get the results of your meds back ? We had our blood tests two weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't heard back - I rang yesterday and apparently this is due to postal problems in the Donnybrook area. Just wondering how you both got on ??

Thanks for keeping out list in line IG - we'll be lost without you !!

Mari Clare - I'm heading to Melbourne too - but about an hour and a half away from the Dandenongs (what a beautiful place to go though !!!). Have you been there before ??
Hi Melbourne :-)

I've been to the Dandenongs several times, my brother in law lives there. I love the area, very hilly and attractive. Here in Germany we are about 1.5-2 hours away from family and I guess with this move we just want to be close to family again. Lets hope it works out :-)

Claire
Old May 1st 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Roy and Caroline is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Hi Guys,

We are from cork. my boyfriend applied in aug for the skilled migration visa just waiting on the call now to say its been granted. Waiting is aweful. We are perth bound so anyone thats heading that direction or living in cork drop us a line.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Roy & Caroline,

We are living in Cork (Ballincollig), heading to Adelaide
Old May 1st 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Mairi-Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the4ofus
We are one of the many August applicants still waiting on a CO / VISA I just wish it would come thru so we could plan our move altho we still have our house to sell We had Remax round last night taking photos, so we will have 2 boards up - surley its got to sell being on with 2 agents

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,

it's really frustrating waiting.....you go through all sorts of ups and downs. Given the movment of the last few weeks your visa is not that far away. (It's probably the case that you have a case officer and don't know about it.) The DIAC is not the best about keeping you informed. They even sent me 2 emails last October that never even reached my in-box!

I'll keep my fingers crossed......

Claire
Old May 1st 2008, 2:40 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Roy and Caroline
Hi Guys,

We are from cork. my boyfriend applied in aug for the skilled migration visa just waiting on the call now to say its been granted. Waiting is aweful. We are perth bound so anyone thats heading that direction or living in cork drop us a line.
Hi,

My wife and I applied in October and are in the same position as you - waiting, and waiting and even more waiting.

Sure it's all good craic!

We're hoping to head to Perth as well.

Darren
Old May 1st 2008, 3:31 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi there,

We are also going to bring everything we can except the kitchen sink.

Although we are going to use the process to get rid of stuff we feel that we have no need for at present.

The only main item that I am leaving here is my beloved 42" Plasma, there is the possibility that it may not take well to weeks on end in a container and prices are dropping all the time, so will get a new one in OZ

We are also going to use eastway.

Regards

Silverski

Originally Posted by Lettik
Hi guys,

Heading to Adelaide.

Think I'm beginning to be a little less panicky bout the whole move!!

Still looking to see who has the best flight deals. A return flight or single???

Mind you, shipping is my main thing at the mo. Still in two minds whether to take a small amount (just vitals) or to take a 20ft container and take a good bit more. We were initially thinking that we would ditch everything we had from the house here and then buy it all new once we get there. But beginning to think that if shipping costs about 3 grand for a 20ft container that you can fill with a good bit - its got to be cheaper than re-buying everything in Aus, am I right in my thinking??? mind is addled at this stage!!

will leave huge things here like beds, and the silly things like crockery, etc that can be picked up easily. Thinking of using the container to take a motorbike also as I beleive they are really expensive to buy over.

Does anyone know anything bout shipping/flying a dog from Ireland? I've a few UK quotes but got to get dog to Heathrow frist. Wondering if theres an Irish company?
Old May 1st 2008, 3:33 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Where are YOU heading for?

Melbourne
Irish Gal - Limerick (end June)
Melbourne - Wicklow (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)
Mairead (as soon as house sells!)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)
Helena - Cavan (early 2009 - maybe late 2008 )

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)
Sarkis (september)

Perth
Silverski (to begin with)
Aus2be Nadine and Darren (asap please)
Roy and Caroline - Cork
Old May 1st 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Melbourne
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)
the4ofus - as soon as visa comes and house sells

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)
Sarkis (september)

Perth
Roy and Caroline - Cork

Just added us

Lynn xx

Last edited by the4ofus; May 1st 2008 at 3:53 pm. Reason: error
Old May 1st 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irish Gal

Melbourne
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)
Sarkis (september)

Perth
Roy and Caroline - Cork
We are heading to Sydney in July.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:37 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi all,

We have our first 2 viewings of our house for sale tomorrow..

Hope they like it.

Regards

Silverski
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:07 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Melbourne
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)
the4ofus - as soon as visa comes and house sells

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)
Sarkis (september)
Bailey (July)

Perth
Roy and Caroline - Cork

List is getting longer We can start making plans to meet up soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.