Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old May 1st 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Where are YOU heading for?

Melbourne
Irish Gal (end June)
Melbourne (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)

Perth
Silverski (to begin with)
Mairead
Melbourne (The day after we sell the house!!)
Old May 1st 2008, 11:18 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Melbourne
Irish Gal (end June)
Melbourne (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)
Mairead (as soon as house sells!)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)

Perth
Old May 1st 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Mairi-Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Welcome to BE Claire,

We are not heading to Melbourne, hope to go to Gold Coast (if visa ever comes thru )

Where abouts in NI are you from? We are from Bangor but currently live in Newtownards.

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,

I come from a very small Glen on the north Antrim coast called Glenariff. I left NI at the age of 18 to study in England and at the age of 24 moved to Germany where I've been for the last 10 years......scary how time flies......

I am really excited to move back to an english speaking country. It's amazing how much you miss it.

When did you submit your visa application ?

Claire
Old May 1st 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
So, everyone - I like lists - How about starting a "Where are you heading for?" List? We could start plans to meet up...

Melbourne
Irish Gal (end June)
Melbourne (Nov/Dec)
Hi,

We hope to be in Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast early 2009 (very early )

Helena
Old May 1st 2008, 11:33 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Melbourne
Irish Gal (end June)
Melbourne (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)
Helena (early 2009 - maybe late 2008 )

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)

Perth
Old May 1st 2008, 11:43 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Perth
Aus2be (Nadine & Darren) - As soon as that lovely visa arrives
Old May 1st 2008, 11:47 am
Oh, George.....

Melbourne
Irish Gal (end June)
Melbourne (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)

Perth
Aus2be Nadine and Darren (asap please)
Old May 1st 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Nige/Silverski - did I see earlier in this thread that you were waiting a while to get the results of your meds back ? We had our blood tests two weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't heard back - I rang yesterday and apparently this is due to postal problems in the Donnybrook area. Just wondering how you both got on ??

Thanks for keeping out list in line IG - we'll be lost without you !!

Mari Clare - I'm heading to Melbourne too - but about an hour and a half away from the Dandenongs (what a beautiful place to go though !!!). Have you been there before ??
Old May 1st 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Nige/Silverski - did I see earlier in this thread that you were waiting a while to get the results of your meds back ? We had our blood tests two weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't heard back - I rang yesterday and apparently this is due to postal problems in the Donnybrook area. Just wondering how you both got on ??

Thanks for keeping out list in line IG - we'll be lost without you !!

Mari Clare - I'm heading to Melbourne too - but about an hour and a half away from the Dandenongs (what a beautiful place to go though !!!). Have you been there before ??
Hey there,
I actually filed a missing post form with an post last week as I just assumed it went missing. Same problem, ballsbridge sorting office. But on Monday I got a text from the doc telling me everything went. Got the receipt yesterday with tracking number. Did you use DR. O'Keefe and Blackrock clinic for the xrays?
Old May 1st 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

I did yep - when we first went to him he said that we didn't need blood tests as we're initially going on a temporary visa - however lcu came back and requested them - so into town we headed again two weeks ago tomorrow.

Dr O'Keefe (very nice man) said that he would have the results back the following Friday and would send them off straight away - however he still hasn't got them back yet, when I rang yesterday the receptionist said that it was due to problems with the postal service !!

It's kinda a pity that they couldn't fax/email the results to him !

Yes ............. I'm finding the waiting game very frustrating at this stage.

IG - lets add onto your (lovely) list where we all are at the moment - ie. I'm in Wicklow - but wouldn't be able to add that in without destroying the whole list so can you do it for me
Old May 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Melbourne
IG - lets add onto your (lovely) list where we all are at the moment - ie. I'm in Wicklow - but wouldn't be able to add that in without destroying the whole list so can you do it for me

Melbourne
Irish Gal - Limerick (end June)
Melbourne - Wicklow (Nov/Dec)
Mairi-Claire (Aug)

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast
Baby75 Niamh (end May)

Sydney
Knockoff nige (whenever)

Perth
Aus2be Nadine and Darren (asap please)

Easily know I have nothing to do all day but sit at my pc!
Old May 1st 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Heading to Adelaide.

Think I'm beginning to be a little less panicky bout the whole move!!

Still looking to see who has the best flight deals. A return flight or single???

Mind you, shipping is my main thing at the mo. Still in two minds whether to take a small amount (just vitals) or to take a 20ft container and take a good bit more. We were initially thinking that we would ditch everything we had from the house here and then buy it all new once we get there. But beginning to think that if shipping costs about 3 grand for a 20ft container that you can fill with a good bit - its got to be cheaper than re-buying everything in Aus, am I right in my thinking??? mind is addled at this stage!!

will leave huge things here like beds, and the silly things like crockery, etc that can be picked up easily. Thinking of using the container to take a motorbike also as I beleive they are really expensive to buy over.

Does anyone know anything bout shipping/flying a dog from Ireland? I've a few UK quotes but got to get dog to Heathrow frist. Wondering if theres an Irish company?
Old May 1st 2008, 1:06 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by Lettik
Hi guys,

Heading to Adelaide.

Think I'm beginning to be a little less panicky bout the whole move!!

Still looking to see who has the best flight deals. A return flight or single???

Mind you, shipping is my main thing at the mo. Still in two minds whether to take a small amount (just vitals) or to take a 20ft container and take a good bit more. We were initially thinking that we would ditch everything we had from the house here and then buy it all new once we get there. But beginning to think that if shipping costs about 3 grand for a 20ft container that you can fill with a good bit - its got to be cheaper than re-buying everything in Aus, am I right in my thinking??? mind is addled at this stage!!

will leave huge things here like beds, and the silly things like crockery, etc that can be picked up easily. Thinking of using the container to take a motorbike also as I beleive they are really expensive to buy over.

Does anyone know anything bout shipping/flying a dog from Ireland? I've a few UK quotes but got to get dog to Heathrow frist. Wondering if theres an Irish company?
Using Eastway from Limerick. Got quote of €2500 for everything from my house to Melbourne Port.

Same as you really - there's NO WAY we could rebuy everything from scratch for that price. We're taking EVERYTHING; towels, bedding, bikes, you name it.

We have 3 kids so we think it'll be easier for us all to settle if all our own stuff is with us.

Trish also used Eastway (check a few pages previous) and she highly recommends them too. Their number is 061 500700

Irish Gal
Old May 1st 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lettik

Where are you ?

Like Irish Gal we're bringing everything - including beds etc - just feel that it would cost alot more to buy from scratch (nice though it might be) and also that it might be nice to have some of our stuff from "home" around us in the beginning !

As for pets - we're bringing our dogs with us - I haven't looked into this very much - but the two that seem to get the most mention on here are Ladyhaye and Airpets - but I think these are both UK based.

There's a place somewhere out near the airport that gave me a quote to ship one of my horses - but can't remember their name right now !! Sorry ! But I'm pretty sure they do small pets as well.

Who were you in touch with in the UK ?
Old May 1st 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

We are heading for Sydney in September...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.