Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:11 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by dor34
Hi Irish Gal,

Do you have any contact details for Eastways?....do you know if they have a website? I have looked but can't seem to find any Info. I would be very grateful if you could pass me on their details. Thanks.

Dor

Will send you pm with his email
Irish Gal
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:14 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys heading to Oz have teenage kids and if so how do they feel about the move? I have a 14 yr old daughter (15 in June) and she is not happy at all about the move. She doesn't want to leave her friends here in Ireland. Even though she has no choice but to come, her not wanting to doesn't help with the stress levels!....it's stressful enough trying to sell the house and moving to the other side of the world.

Dor X
Get her to check out the teenage part of this. Maybe she'll get in contact with others in the same boat
Irish Gal
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:30 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Hi Irish Gal,

Do you have any contact details for Eastways?....do you know if they have a website? I have looked but can't seem to find any Info. I would be very grateful if you could pass me on their details. Thanks.

Dor
hi there,

likewise here, if you have any information

REgards

Silverski
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:56 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

HI all,

With regard to moving your life top OZ.

Are there many restrictions on the kind of items that you can bring with you.

For instance, I am a keen fisherman, would I be able to bring all my equipment with me.

also I have a lot of gardening equipment that I would like to bring, Some of it is very old and of persoanl value to me.

I am sure I have other questions to ask on this subject.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:58 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by silverski
HI all,

With regard to moving your life top OZ.

Are there many restrictions on the kind of items that you can bring with you.

For instance, I am a keen fisherman, would I be able to bring all my equipment with me.

also I have a lot of gardening equipment that I would like to bring, Some of it is very old and of persoanl value to me.

I am sure I have other questions to ask on this subject.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Silverski
Once the gardening tools are free from soil, etc. you should be fine. That guy I recommended will go into (lots of) detail into what you can/can't bring.

Basically, nothing organic such as food, plants, untreated wood, or anything that may have traces of soil. Its to do with the stuff they spray in the containers etc.
Irish Gal
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:51 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Once the gardening tools are free from soil, etc. you should be fine. That guy I recommended will go into (lots of) detail into what you can/can't bring.

Basically, nothing organic such as food, plants, untreated wood, or anything that may have traces of soil. Its to do with the stuff they spray in the containers etc.
Irish Gal
Hi Irishgirl.

Got in contact with them today.

They were very help.

Just waiting for an email with a qoute.

And then we will have to make contact with a delievry company on the other side to deliver to our new address.

Wishing we were there now

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:02 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi Irishgirl.

Got in contact with them today.

They were very help.

Just waiting for an email with a qoute.

And then we will have to make contact with a delievry company on the other side to deliver to our new address.

Wishing we were there now

Regards

Silverski

Great news. Geelong Gent has given me the name of a company who can deliver from the Aussie side - think it was Kent. Will let you know later.
Irish Gal
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:28 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Great news. Geelong Gent has given me the name of a company who can deliver from the Aussie side - think it was Kent. Will let you know later.
Irish Gal
Hi there

Many thanks

We may at least make a plan while awaiting decision on visa.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi There

Just found this thread (Hi IG) - was wondering how many of us logging on were Irish and knockoffnige sent me in this direction.

I have been V lazy and have only read the first and last three pages - so forgive me if I'm asking you stuff you've already answered - but where are we all from - and where are we going ?

Irish Gal and I are Melbourne bound - and according to nige that's where you're going too Mairead.

What about the rest of you ?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Me and the new wife(aussie) off to Brisbane hopefully end of sept.Derry to london to Brisbane to the Bar
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:24 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi There

Just found this thread (Hi IG) - was wondering how many of us logging on were Irish and knockoffnige sent me in this direction.

I have been V lazy and have only read the first and last three pages - so forgive me if I'm asking you stuff you've already answered - but where are we all from - and where are we going ?

Irish Gal and I are Melbourne bound - and according to nige that's where you're going too Mairead.

Fingers crossed we will be heading to Perth, Then on to Dunsborough

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

County Down Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Hi there

We are hoping to head to Brisbane this year my hubby has a job and all which is fab though our problem is the house sale I guess which is really slow at the moment, as you can see from my name we are from the lovely County Down Ive just joined so not found my way totally around the site but there are loads to helpful hints about moving its great, hope all going well for you xx CDP
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:15 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi There

we are heading to the Sunshine coast Brisbane in 5 weeks got a call tonight from my dh best friend he wants us out there asap only two weeks less than we planed
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:53 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Baby75
we are heading to the Sunshine coast Brisbane in 5 weeks got a call tonight from my dh best friend he wants us out there asap only two weeks less than we planed
Congrats.

Enjoy the move.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:55 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hey there,

We were just trying to work out how much we will need in cash to bring with us to start up when we arrive.

Has anyone else done a budget list.

Regards

Silverski

PS< we are putting our properties up for sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.