Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:56 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Congratulations Silverski! Glad you had a safe journey. Has it sunk in yet
All the best to you and your family.
Love
Irish Gal x
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:00 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

silverski we meet in joondalup every wednesday great bunch of girls come alone ill meet u b4 the coffee meet if u want .
Old Feb 24th 2009, 4:36 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the other side of the planet silverski!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:51 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Congratulations Silverski! Glad you had a safe journey. Has it sunk in yet
All the best to you and your family.
Love
Irish Gal x
Hi Irish Girl.

This is the life, but it still has not sunk in..... still tired from flights....

Kids will need a few more days to adjust.

Kind regards
silverski
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:52 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishfamily
silverski we meet in joondalup every wednesday great bunch of girls come alone ill meet u b4 the coffee meet if u want .
Hi Irishfamily,

We will try to get there next week, still adjusting after thelong flight. I am sure my wife would like to meet others that have made the journey.

Regards
Silverski
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:54 am
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Zambia
Welcome to the other side of the planet silverski!!
Hi Zambia.

Still confused which side of the world after the long flights.

Will be more adjusted in a few days

Regards
Silverski
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Three and a half weeks in and still finding our feet.

Sally - I've got your numbers and will give you a buzz once I'm a little bit more sorted so that we can (finally) meet up.

Picking up the second car today - Z took your advice - got a Toyota this time (other one is a VW).

OH started a job on trial on Monday so I need you all to keep every thing crossed that they keep him on when they talk to him after work tomorrow.

Have applied for loads myself but haven't even had an interview yet - not getting too stressed but would at least like to get to an interview.

Having a great time - doing loads of stuff with my sisters - off to Weribee Zoo on Saturday night which we're really looking forward to.

My dd hasn't settled too well which is not great - but again - I'm just sending out the positive vibes and staying calm.

We've looked at loads of houses to rent and have only found one we like so far. We put in an application for it on Monday and are expecting to hear back from the agents tomorrow. So, again, everything crossed for us please.

Wasn't well last weekend - actually wondered if I was dying (not actually joking here) but a trip to the doctor on Monday told me that I have a virus in my head affecting my balance (kind like an inner ear thing, but not treatable with meds). Am feeling much better now thankfully.

How is the news of the bush fires hitting you all ? My bro in law is in the CFA and organised a big fundraising day last Friday which was really great. They raised over $ 80K !! It was a real community day out - petting zoo, face painting, reptile man, bouncing slides/castles, sasuage sizzles - all provided free !!! Isn't it amazing how the Australians as a nation have all pulled together ? Saw a notice in Coles this morning that they've raised over $ 9.5 million. Such a tragic event but so heart warming to see how the people have reacted.

Anyway, better get back to the job hunting.

Lisa
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:54 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hey Melbourne,
Will email you later!
Sally x
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:07 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the Camry ...amm actually its now dead as it was the unfornate victim of a Holden commodore suppositry on the Bulla road. The holden was utterly destroyed as it hit the rear & trailer hitch at about 50 and no braking. The camry held together and did not look to bad but the RACV wrote it off.

Important thing was it did its job and saved the wife from any harm, if anyone wants a safe large car I cant say enough nice things about the camry.

That said we replaced it with a Ford Falcon XT because the Gas conversion was done

Whatever you do don't let the job hunting thing get to you it may be a while but as long as money is coming in you will be right.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi Zambia.

Still confused which side of the world after the long flights.

Will be more adjusted in a few days

Regards
Silverski

Give it more its a shocker , dazed for days I was ...
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

hi all
just wondering about those of you who have settled in adelaide, we are moving there next month from nth qld, any advice much appreciate!
trice_ie
Old May 19th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice

Im heading over next week to melbourne from dublin on my own on a 175 skilled visa. I have to get out of this recession and give aussie a real go. Cant wait just wish there wasn't so much hassel with licences for sparks over there
Old May 20th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulg1770
Im heading over next week to melbourne from dublin on my own on a 175 skilled visa. I have to get out of this recession and give aussie a real go. Cant wait just wish there wasn't so much hassel with licences for sparks over there
Good luck with the move, hopefully I will be following you over in a couple of months
Old May 20th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, just found this thread...seems a little under used at the minute so I'll join in and see if it comes up the list a bit!

Yip Im in the process for a 309 visa at the minute, app in 27th April. We are headed for Brisbane or Gold Coast area and we are hoping to head over in Sept
this year for a 3 month starter stay and see where to buy a place after that.

Anyone looking at removal companies yet?

edman
Old May 20th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice

Have you read the thread about the unemployment situation down under? Scary, still after the hassel of getting my 175 visa im going to risk it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.