Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Dec 30th 2008, 3:40 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Aircon is on and i just stepped outside to the clothes line and jesus it is hot lol.My poor dogs have been in and out all day they r roasted aww .What degrees is it in the sunshine coast today ?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:47 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Aircon is on and i just stepped outside to the clothes line and jesus it is hot lol.My poor dogs have been in and out all day they r roasted aww .What degrees is it in the sunshine coast today ?
39 degrees it was and its still hot

we went to the beach to cool down and watched a brilliant thunderstorm roll in off the sea, very exciting ,they closed the beach and got every one out of the water .

think it will be another hot day tomorrow !
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we are a family from co armagh hope to be going to Melbourne shortly does anybody no of any short term rentals in or around east/southeast areas any help would be appreciated, weather here at the moment freezing -2 last night.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:48 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
hi we are a family from co armagh hope to be going to Melbourne shortly does anybody no of any short term rentals in or around east/southeast areas any help would be appreciated, weather here at the moment freezing -2 last night.
http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm

This site also shows a good map to get your head around Melbourne.

Being you are looking at Ashwood I know a developer in that area you should have a chat with on your arrival. We live close by in Malvern East (near Central Park).

When are you looking at arriving?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help we hope to arrive early to mid February, I would be delighted with any contact information regarding work as this is a matter we are very concerned about, as we know things over there are also slowing down, do u know if there are many rentals in the area.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:39 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishfamily
silverski u would`nt like to feel the warm air today its 39 degrees lmao.
Hi there,

I am so jealous.

It is a liitle warm for work, but nice for being in the pool.

Regards

Silverski
Old Dec 31st 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi there,

I am so jealous.

It is a liitle warm for work, but nice for being in the pool.

Regards

Silverski
Congrats on the visa Silverski.

Happy New Year to all.

Hopefully be in Melbourne this time next year
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:44 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Congrats on the visa Silverski.

Happy New Year to all.

Hopefully be in Melbourne this time next year

Hi leedelta,

Many thanks for your reply.

The best of luck for you getting to OZ.

Happy New Year

regards
Silverski
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:10 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hi all,

Has anyone booked flights for Perth for Feb and have they found any good Deals.

Got a qoute from Singapore Airlines today for 2 Adults and 2 Kids for €2781.00 Incl Taxes.
Dublin London Singapore Perth.

Hoping that I could find a better deal.

Regards
Silverski
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Got a qoute from Singapore Airlines today for 2 Adults and 2 Kids for €2781.00 Incl Taxes.

Regards
Silverski
Make sure to check flights with Etihad (http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...tewayPage.aspx) as they are now flying direct from Dublin to Australia with a stop off in UAE. No more changes in Heathrow!!! Also I heard they have a special fare rate to celebrate the launch of this new route.

Were from Galway and moved out to Melbourne just over 12 months ago. Touch wood everything has gone fantastically for us. My wife brought her job with her from Ireland (software developer). I picked up a job locally not long after arriving which is going really well. I've had 3 promotions in 12 months. In my experience they think highly of the "Irish" work ethic. We have bought a house and a dog over the past 4 months so I guess it looks like we will be staying for a while. We love our new lives in Melbourne. Schooling for my son (9) is great. He loves school here. The weather (obviously) is great. It is amazing the difference it makes. News from home is bleak. Job cuts, tax and cost of living increases. We find the cost of living so much cheaper here. For instance I filled up our CRV yesterday for $45 (about E23). Would have cost about E90 at home. We had dinner out last night for 3 people which cost $60 for 2 courses. We made some great friends since arriving which has been great as we have no family here. We have found Skype a god send though to keep in touch with family at home.

Best of luck to all those emigrating
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:29 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Hi all,

Regards
Silverski
Hey silverski, who were they booked with and are they one way? we are trying to go return from sydney and figures are really high. Thanks.

Eamon.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:14 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by ekiec
Hey silverski, who were they booked with and are they one way? we are trying to go return from sydney and figures are really high. Thanks.

Eamon.
Hi Eamon.

This was from Singapore Airlines in Dublin qouting me the Fare that I would get if I booked direct online with the airline.
And it is a oneway ticket.
And from what I have heard Singapore Arlines are one of the only airlines to offer the extra baggae allowance of 40Kgs.

Regards

Silverski
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:17 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Make sure to check flights with Etihad (http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...tewayPage.aspx) as they are now flying direct from Dublin to Australia with a stop off in UAE. No more changes in Heathrow!!! Also I heard they have a special fare rate to celebrate the launch of this new route.

Were from Galway and moved out to Melbourne just over 12 months ago. Touch wood everything has gone fantastically for us. My wife brought her job with her from Ireland (software developer). I picked up a job locally not long after arriving which is going really well. I've had 3 promotions in 12 months. In my experience they think highly of the "Irish" work ethic. We have bought a house and a dog over the past 4 months so I guess it looks like we will be staying for a while. We love our new lives in Melbourne. Schooling for my son (9) is great. He loves school here. The weather (obviously) is great. It is amazing the difference it makes. News from home is bleak. Job cuts, tax and cost of living increases. We find the cost of living so much cheaper here. For instance I filled up our CRV yesterday for $45 (about E23). Would have cost about E90 at home. We had dinner out last night for 3 people which cost $60 for 2 courses. We made some great friends since arriving which has been great as we have no family here. We have found Skype a god send though to keep in touch with family at home.

Best of luck to all those emigrating

Hi there,

Had a quick look on the website and unfortunately they do not go to Perth..

No problem, We will keep searching

Regards

Silverski
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:11 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hi all,

We just received our passports back in the post this morning with our Visa's attached......

Wow Wow....

Another item ticked off the check list....

The count down is on......

Regards
Silverski
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:11 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hi all,

Just got a qoute this eveing to Airfreight some tools to Perth around 30KG and was qouted € 950.00

I am still trying to find a better deal.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Kind regards

Silverski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.