Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:10 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by dor34
Hi,

We're also heading to Oz (Perth) hopefully around August this year. We're just back from a reckie and absolutely loved it. Well, my husband and I and our 2 youngest girls loved it but our eldest girl (15 in June) is not too happy to be leaving all her friends behind. Good luck to you all in your new lives downunder!

dor X
Good Luck Dor.

With a bit of luck we could all meet up some day down by the beach.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:12 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hello Silverski
My visa was granted today and still on a high!! Originally from Béal Feirste. Applied to London for spouse visa (Irish passport) went smoothly enough and I found immi staff helpful, tho a fair bit of waiting!
Should be in Adelaide in September!!
Congrats on your great news.

It was worth the wait.....

Enjoy every moment with your new life.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:03 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by sandav
Hi to everyone from Ireland waiting to migrate. Just wanted to wish you all Good Luck.
We have been here since Jan '08 and loving it at the moment. We are staying in Cooloongup but moving to Safety Bay on the 24th of this month where we have bought a house. Kids all settled into school and love it. Have met quite a few Irish that have just arrived and some who have lived here for years.

So if anyone wants to know anything just ask and I will do my best to try and answer any questions.

Sandra
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the good wishes.
Great to hear you are doing so well.

Did your visa take long to get approved.

What kind of work are you involved in over there.

We are hoping to head to Dunsborough if all goes well.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:57 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

HI all,

Two things came to mind this evening when checking the status of our application.

The checklist has requested 2 Passport photo's for each of us.

Now when I uploaded I sent 1 scanned copy of passport photo, I assume they can make another copy from that scanned one or would I need to upload 2 separate copies..

Secondly, would anyone have the link to the Australian values statement.

I would like to have this signed and uploaded.

Do each of the applicants on the visa have to sign or is just the main applicant.

If it is the former do we have to sign on behalf of the kids ??

many thanks for your help

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by silverski
Good Luck Dor.

With a bit of luck we could all meet up some day down by the beach.

Regards

Silverski
Hi Silverski,

Yeah, we should definitely all meet up...sounds good to me!

Good luck with the visa fingers crossed you get the good news soon

Dor X
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:26 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

HI all,

Two things came to mind this evening when checking the status of our application.

Now when I uploaded I sent 1 scanned copy of passport photo, I assume they can make another copy from that scanned one or would I need to upload 2 separate copies..

Do each of the applicants on the visa have to sign or is just the main applicant.

Regards

Silverski
Sorry Silverski. Don't know anything about this but I'm sure someone will be on soon who does. I think we signed this with our paper application when we first applied in August. We must have - cos we have visa
Irish Gal
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:37 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

HI all,

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:26 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Hii all again,

And another question popped up this morning.

How do you know when you have been assigned a Case Officer.

and also does having your details listed on the Skill Matching Database have any major benifits.

Kind regards

Silverski

Ps. Still hoping for some help on previous questions
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hii all again,

And another question popped up this morning.

How do you know when you have been assigned a Case Officer.

and also does having your details listed on the Skill Matching Database have any major benifits.

Kind regards

Silverski

Ps. Still hoping for some help on previous questions
An online applicant will know they have a CO when the Electronic Application status changes from Application received - processing commenced to Application received - processing further. With regards to the skills matching database I remember seeing a thread about its benefits and as far as I can tell, I don't think there are many BE members who have gotten a placement from it. Well none that I have seen anyway.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

I actaully asked the exact same question a few months back. One photo will do.

Regards

Silverski
Someone had it the other week. Will see if I can find the post for you.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the good wishes.
Great to hear you are doing so well.

Did your visa take long to get approved.

What kind of work are you involved in over there.

We are hoping to head to Dunsborough if all goes well.

Regards

Silverski
Hi Silerski
Thats no problem I am always interested to see how many more Irish are coming out. Our visa didn't take too long just a little over 2 months and was granted last May. Hubby is a Pipefitter/Plumber. We are living in the Rockingham area. Will be moving into our own house next Thursday 24th April.
It would be great to have an Irish meet up when a few more get out here.

By the way you can see our timeline on the Irish Oz forum. Don't know if I can mention that here so I am probably in trouble for it. Story of my life.

Good Luck and will talk again.

Sandra
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hello Silverski
My visa was granted today and still on a high!! Originally from Béal Feirste. Applied to London for spouse visa (Irish passport) went smoothly enough and I found immi staff helpful, tho a fair bit of waiting!
Should be in Adelaide in September!!
CONGRATULATIONS

Sandra
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:31 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Mairead
An online applicant will know they have a CO when the Electronic Application status changes from Application received - processing commenced to Application received - processing further.
HI there thanks for the reply,
I will keep an eye on that one.

Thanks

Silverski
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:32 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by sandav
Hi Silerski
Thats no problem I am always interested to see how many more Irish are coming out. Our visa didn't take too long just a little over 2 months and was granted last May. Hubby is a Pipefitter/Plumber. We are living in the Rockingham area. Will be moving into our own house next Thursday 24th April.
It would be great to have an Irish meet up when a few more get out here.

By the way you can see our timeline on the Irish Oz forum. Don't know if I can mention that here so I am probably in trouble for it. Story of my life.

Good Luck and will talk again.

Sandra
Hi,

Fingers crossed, some day soon we could organise a get together for all of us.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:33 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Originally Posted by Mairead
I actaully asked the exact same question a few months back. One photo will do.

Thats a relief. One less worry

Someone had it the other week. Will see if I can find the post for you.

That would be great if you could find the link.

Regards

Silverski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.