Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:16 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any One from Ireland getting ready to migrate

Originally Posted by silverski
HI Niamh

We are based in Co. Wicklow.

Many thanks
Stephen

Not to far from us love Wicklow we went to Tipperary for our medicals it was working out about 1000 for us all in Dublin mad money
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:27 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Baby75
Not to far from us love Wicklow we went to Tipperary for our medicals it was working out about 1000 for us all in Dublin mad money
Hi Niamh,

Would you be able to forward thr contact details for us to make an appointment.
How long are the Meds valid for.

regards
Stephen
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:29 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

No problem
Medical Clinic
Clonan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
Telephone: 353 505 24575
Doctor(s):
Dr Aislinn Donovan

Radiology Clinic
South Tipperary General Hospital
Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
Telephone: 353 52 77075
Fax: 353 52 77122

when you give the doctor a ring she will arrange for letter to be sent to the hospital for x rays
as far as i know the medicals are valid for one year
are you applying on line if you are lodge your application then book your meds and get your police clearance as well for that we called in to the local garda station with our passports they took some information and they were posted out to us.
The doc was very good she explained if she thought their was a problem and Australia government would request more info she would get it sorted before they asked for it . she has done a lot of them over the years

hope that helps Niamh
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

douser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We're from Galway and hoping to be in Brisbane/ Gold Coast by around the start of next year. We received our skilled independent 136 around June last year but we found out we were expecting a baby in April so decided to have baby in Ireland first.

We were in Brisbane for a reccie in October. It was better than I remembered but definitely not the most impressive of Oz's cities. Five years ago we spent 6 months in Sydney and the lifestyle tops all if you can afford to live in the city. We spent 3 months in Perth and also really liked it but I'm not sure we can deal with the isolation. The South West is amazing especially around Pemberton and the Magaret valley.

We tried to limit our purchases to avoid shipping to Oz but it proved too hard so we'll have to hire a half container now. Only perceivable obstacle now will be the house sale!! The champagne's on ice.

Good luck with your application.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by douser

Only perceivable obstacle now will be the house sale!! The champagne's on ice.
Our house selling champagne has been on ice so long now I could probably get a good few quid for it being vintage!!!!

Anyone else trying to sell their house?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

hi there
we're from clare originally living in dublin arriving in Townsville,qld 12th may-yeah!!
recommend the doc in mullingar he's brillant. Also try looking on www.irishozforum.com there's a good bit of local info there

Good luck with your app anything we can do to help just ask

trice_ie
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trice_ie
hi there
we're from clare originally living in dublin arriving in Townsville,qld 12th may-yeah!!
recommend the doc in mullingar he's brillant. Also try looking on www.irishozforum.com there's a good bit of local info there

trice_ie
Wow the 12th of May.... Not long now. How are you feeling? Cant imagine being that close to going.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trice_ie
hi there

trice_ie
Hiye,

We are in Cavan and are going to the Mullingar Doc. Can you give me the price please. We got full acknowledgement today whoooooo Our agent advised us to organize our medicals and pc's now. Sending OH out for a nice bottle of wine to celebrate
Helena
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helena39
Hiye,

We are in Cavan and are going to the Mullingar Doc. Can you give me the price please. We got full acknowledgement today whoooooo Our agent advised us to organize our medicals and pc's now. Sending OH out for a nice bottle of wine to celebrate
Helena
Wow Helena thats great news!!! Things seem to be moving quickly now.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mairead
Wow Helena thats great news!!! Things seem to be moving quickly now.
Hi Mairead,

I am just glad they're moving at all. Hearing nothing day in and day out is very disheartening so any news is great I am off to NY on Sunday for a week so we will organize them then. OH is looking after the kiddies I am going to shop til I drop......shorts, tees, sandles I am thinking positively and shopping for a life in the sun No more buying boots and coats for me
Helena
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by douser
Hi,

We're from Galway and hoping to be in Brisbane/ Gold Coast by around the start of next year. We received our skilled independent 136 around June last year but we found out we were expecting a baby in April so decided to have baby in Ireland first.

We were in Brisbane for a reccie in October. It was better than I remembered but definitely not the most impressive of Oz's cities. Five years ago we spent 6 months in Sydney and the lifestyle tops all if you can afford to live in the city. We spent 3 months in Perth and also really liked it but I'm not sure we can deal with the isolation. The South West is amazing especially around Pemberton and the Magaret valley.

We tried to limit our purchases to avoid shipping to Oz but it proved too hard so we'll have to hire a half container now. Only perceivable obstacle now will be the house sale!! The champagne's on ice.

Good luck with your application.

I'm from Galway and have been here on the Gold Coast since March 06. Any questions, fire them my way and I'll help as much as I can. Good luck to everyone
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
I'm from Galway and have been here on the Gold Coast since March 06. Any questions, fire them my way and I'll help as much as I can. Good luck to everyone
you lucky sod must be nice not being here in all the cold and rain oh and more rain did i mention the rain

on a more serious note what do you make of food shopping is it all right or a bit more expensive than Ireland thanks
Niamh
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Many thanks for your offer of help.

Regards

Stephen
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mairead
Wow the 12th of May.... Not long now. How are you feeling? Cant imagine being that close to going.
Yes it's really surreal esp as we're taking a short holiday so actually flying out 26th of april. We just can't imagine it have to keep telling ourselves that this time next month we won't be here. The funny thing is we so felt like time was dragging but now the time to quit work and the shippers are actually coming on Wednesday etc has arrived it feels like it just arrived out of nowhere

Helena will look for cost of doc can't really remember as it's a while since we went but rem he was way cheaper than any other places we rang and for two of we were all done with hosp and everything within 2-3 hours (if you check the irishozforum.ie site loads of people have posted costs). The only thing i'd say is don't be put off by his office he has paper files everywhere!!! He register posts everything aswell which is good as our stuff went awol until we proved that it was signed for and then it magically re appeared!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:56 am
From Wicklow to Perth

Hi everyone, as an irish passport holder, how do we give evidence of english ability or do i need to complete the IELTS.

regards
stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.