Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one had problems taking audio speakers?

Any one had problems taking audio speakers?

Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:10 am
Leo
Brisbane in early 2004

Leo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one had problems taking audio speakers?

I am trying to determine if I should take a pair of audio speakers with me. As with most speakers, they are made of wood. These would be the only items that would be made of wood in the items that I would be taking ot Australia.

If it is a big hassle to take anything with wood, I would rather not take them.

Any suggestions from those who have already had experience? I have heard that anything with wood need to be fumigated and costs a bundle.

Thanks in advance.

../Leo
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:06 am
owieb

Default Re: Any one had problems taking audio speakers?

Originally posted by Leo
I am trying to determine if I should take a pair of audio speakers with me. As with most speakers, they are made of wood. These would be the only items that would be made of wood in the items that I would be taking ot Australia.

Any suggestions from those who have already had experience? I have heard that anything with wood need to be fumigated and costs a bundle.

Thanks in advance.

../Leo
You will be fine, so long as they don't have woodworm or something like that, just declare them on the form!

I brought out loads of wooden things, including speakers, picture frames, desks and a huge 9ft home cinema cabinet which was totally made of wood.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default you can always buy them from the speaker boys

they drive around sydney in a dodgy white van....stop near you and say
"scuse me mate - we were just delivering these speakers but the customers cancelled and we are trying to get rid of them for cheap"

they are in london aswell.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one had problems taking audio speakers?

Originally posted by Leo

Thanks in advance.

../Leo

Don't bring them, Come to Melbourne and buy mine, they are still in the box because I bought a new stereo will my old one was on the high seas.

Nice Mission speakes in black ash, best offer secures............