Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one had any dealings with "The Removal Group" in B'ham?

Wikiposts

Any one had any dealings with "The Removal Group" in B'ham?

Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Any one had any dealings with "The Removal Group" in B'ham?

Hi all
Has anyone heard of the Removal Group or had any dealing with them? They have come back to us with the cheapest quote yet - 20ft container £3300 Door to door inc. insurance but I'm not sure as some of the things they are saying don't ring true.
They reckon packing will take 2-3 hrs where as other companies are quoting 2-3 days.
They haven't actually been to see our stuff.
I am having other quotes now but most shippers are all booked up as August is very busy for them!
Karen x
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:36 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one had any dealings with "The Removal Group" in B'ham?

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi all
Has anyone heard of the Removal Group or had any dealing with them? They have come back to us with the cheapest quote yet - 20ft container £3300 Door to door inc. insurance but I'm not sure as some of the things they are saying don't ring true.
They reckon packing will take 2-3 hrs where as other companies are quoting 2-3 days.
I am having other quotes now but most shippers are all booked up as August is very busy for them!
Karen x
I looked at these when we were getting quotes (if they are the same people - http://www.removalgroup.com/) and noticed they are an agency it seems and deal with removal companies but dont do it themselves.

I always worry when a company is not actually listed at companies house, claimed membership of any association etc. in fact, the website job vacancies includes freelance removal surveyors etc.

We didn't feel that comfortable with that. Not to say that I have any personal experience in dealing with them, or that they are in fact bad in anyway - just my thoughts on it.

(I would think 2-3 hours to be very very optimistic if not impossible)
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, you guys are cleverer than me - you are right about the packing - they do it quickly - and badly!

And you spotted they are not registered - I did also, but too late!

Anyway, read below what I have been posting all over to warn people about this outfit:

Removal Group - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

What can I say?

Abysmal, not cheap.....the full story is a long one and I don't have
time here, but if anyone wants to email me....

London to Perth - asked for 20' sole container, got groupage = 5 week
delay. (Cost was GBP 3,550).

Wrongly advised me of arrival date = 4 weeks hotel bills in Perth

Use a "trading as" name then when you ask their real name (so you can
sue) they refuse to give it - this is an offence under the Business
Names Act 1985 (if anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me by email: [email protected])

Damaged approximately 1/3 of my goods as they did not repack them as
instructed, nor was export wrapping (where it existed) adequate

Were supposed to unpack everything at destination - did not, only
larger items.

The quote for about 850 cu. ft from London was GBP 3550 - not
particularly cheap.

Try Excess International - I have used them in the past for smaller
shipments and they have been good - never tried them for a container
load. I did not use them this time because they were a bit unresponsive
during the quoting process - I definitely made a mistake using the
Removal Group.

Clearly they have no experience of shipments to Western Australia -
they did not even appoint a customs agent until 1 day AFTER my goods
arrived, despite having three months to find one!

They offered me (only after two weeks of threats of legal action) 250
pounds compensation! my hotel bills alone were double this.

Once again - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

PS Note they do not belong to FIDI or BAR - not surprising!
Originally Posted by Centurion
I looked at these when we were getting quotes (if they are the same people - http://www.removalgroup.com/) and noticed they are an agency it seems and deal with removal companies but dont do it themselves.

I always worry when a company is not actually listed at companies house, claimed membership of any association etc. in fact, the website job vacancies includes freelance removal surveyors etc.

We didn't feel that comfortable with that. Not to say that I have any personal experience in dealing with them, or that they are in fact bad in anyway - just my thoughts on it.

(I would think 2-3 hours to be very very optimistic if not impossible)
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:24 pm
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

Why not try a removal company who is registered with BAR - BRITISH Association OF REMOVERS.

I worked for a removal company for 8 years and I was mostly on the export wrapping side. We went up and down the country export wrapping for people who were migrating, so don’t just pick local removal companies, this time of the year it’s always slack for removal companies so they fight a little more for work.

Why not try a company called Johnson’s Removals in Derby. I know a good percentage of the lads there and they do a great job and they are well trained. Ask for Nicky and say Roly Keates recommended you. He’s an ex removal man and good at his job. On the site also it has checklists which you may find useful.

If you need any help e-mail me

Johnsons Removals
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:12 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi all
Karen x
Hi Karen
If you want a Birmingham based company try these, very professional, 4 man crew, two days packing and wrapping, container sealed in front of us etc.
www.atlantisltd.co.uk, ask for Stuart
Carole x
ps. Birmingham - Adelaide £3405.00